If WWII had not occurred...

Ebaum

If WWII had not occurred...

what do you think would have happened to the world?

Would U.S. still be in power?

Would our technology be as advanced as it is now?

Would we have freedom and liberty?

Werbung:
We would still be free.

There are a lot of dynamics to this that we would have to be clear about. For example, did Germany still invade Poland? Did Germany still invade Russia? Did Japan still attack Pearl Harbor? Taking away ANY of these events changes the scope of this.

If Germany had NEVER attacked Russia; they might have formed a united front. We could have had a very scary war; with Russia and Germany working together to defeat the West. Since Japan and Germany were allies; would Russia have helped Japan as well? See, this gets complicated.

Hitler's ill-advised decision to invade Russia has as much to do with their defeat as anything; and it served to undermine us indirectly as a result. Because Russia had freed Eastern Europe; they felt justified in toppling those governments as the Iron Curtain during the Cold War, and perhaps rightfully so.

Shoot, we could go through these different trajectories till the troops come home.

Arch.

Ebaum said:
Would U.S. still be in power?

Would our technology be as advanced as it is now?

Would we have freedom and liberty?
Yes on all three counts....

1) The US thinks they own the world and often try to force other countries to do WHAT THEY WANT..

2) Technology is advanced as it is BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SPY ON PEOPLE SO BADLY.. When your doing so much wrong,YOU ASSUME OTHERS ARE AND WANT TO MONITOR THEM...

3) We would have MORE FREEDOM,they would have NO EXCUSE to start cutting back on freedom (Which is what they want (FULL CONTROL))

Nazis would still rule Germany,The Soviet Union would still be here now, Israel wouldnt became a state, Jews wouldnt be in power And we wouldnt have nukes today. Its all FDR fault for not turning the other cheek like jesus christ preached.

If Hitler was granted access to the art school which he desired so much, I don't think WW2 would have happened.
He turned to Politics as he was denied his dream to become an artist - this spawned his direction to Politics and his pursuit to rid Germany of the Jews.
  1. The world would continue as it has before: there will be civil wars, terrorist groups developing, politicians seeking domination by greed etc.
  2. US would eventually be alienated due to their love of dominance - dictating to countries what they should and should not do is the stimulus for wars.
  3. Technology will always be advanced as politicians and the media love to spy and gather information. Weapons are continually developed to be more powerful and have longer effects.
  4. Freedom & liberty will be there to a certain extent, however are we truly free? I don't think we are ever free - we have burdens on our life every single day - we are told what we can and cannot say, we have to adhere to certain rules and regulations etc. We are the only species on this planet that has to pay to live here.

Britain would have retained her colonies in Asia and Africa and other European colonial powers would have kept theirs, too. Britain withdrew from Asia only because the myth of British invincibility was completely shattered after the fall of Singapore and the British could no longer believe that British rule could be sustained in Asia in the post-war era.

Britain would have retained her colonies in Asia and Africa and other European colonial powers would have kept theirs, too. Britain withdrew from Asia only because the myth of British invincibility was completely shattered after the fall of Singapore and the British could no longer believe that British rule could be sustained in Asia in the post-war era.
The problem is we're too kind - we should have held onto what we dominated but we gave everything back.
We had one of the strongest and fiercest Navies in the world - now we have a few rubber rings and a potato gun.

Suicide of the Homo Sapiens

The World Wars among advanced nations left us too weak to keep the Third World savages in their place. The first victory of this latest jihad came when Algeria defeated France.

I think the U.S. would still end up the way it is because the money and greed would still be there. We might not have had many of the laws and act that came into play after the war, and most likely won't have as big of a military. Well the military probably would've still grown to what it is today.

I think the U.S. would still end up the way it is because the money and greed would still be there. We might not have had many of the laws and act that came into play after the war, and most likely won't have as big of a military. Well the military probably would've still grown to what it is today.
Absolutely.
Some say there would be no need for nuclear weapons but they would have been designed anyway. Despite past wars, weapons have always been researched and developed.
Modern day WMD would cause cataclysmic event.

Well I think you could really rack your brain playing out all the different scenarios here, but suffice it to say that things would be quite different. Although, when you ask certain people they will say that things would have happened this way regardless, and that it is more meant to be. I am not sure I buy that, but again it is interesting to think about and wonder how things may have been different.

In this case, we cannot really say how things would be different. Of course, there are some cases where we know messing with time would definitely screw things up to the negative. For instance, on the movie Back to the Future, it was a fact that if Michael J Fox's fictional parents hadn't met, then his fictional character would not have been born.;)

Anyhow, I think, given human nature, that whether or not World War II had occured, something bad would have happened. Also, given the progress of the human mind, nukes would have eventually been developed. I'm not sure though of the probability they would have been used, given a world where WWII had never taken place.

Werbung:
Back