How would you define the forces of nature?

What qualities would you assign to the forces of nature?

• They are cold and calculating.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cruel and pitiless.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Logically aggressive and ruthless.

• Dangerous to human life and in need of containment.

• All of these except option 4.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • All of these things but with no purpose we humans can sympathize with.

• Total voters

Neutral Evil

I have posted this thread in the hope that we can better come to terms with them. I believe in in the wisdom of nature. It seems to design everything with a clear purpose in mind. It would be interesting for us to discuss the issue.

Werbung:
I have posted this thread in the hope that we can better come to terms with them. I believe in in the wisdom of nature. It seems to design everything with a clear purpose in mind. It would be interesting for us to discuss the issue.

Interesting. Actually, the forces of nature are none of the above. Nature is what it is, and doesn't care whether it benefits humans, threatens them, or does neither.

If there is a "wisdom" in nature, it resides in the creator, not in natural forces themselves.

Interesting. Actually, the forces of nature are none of the above. Nature is what it is, and doesn't care whether it benefits humans, threatens them, or does neither.

If there is a "wisdom" in nature, it resides in the creator, not in natural forces themselves.

what he said

yin_yang.png

I see. Then what did the creator of nature intend? Are the forces of nature to be controlled by man or are they meant to control man through subtle means?

I see. Then what did the creator of nature intend? Are the forces of nature to be controlled by man or are they meant to control man through subtle means?

I don't pretend to know the mind of god, but I'd guess that we humans are supposed to try to control the forces of nature as best we can, and to learn to cope with adversity.

nature is what it is..it has no plan to be any of those..just at times it is..at times it is not...there is no thought behind it, no motive

Someday IMO you some will stand before God and say I never read your Word. God will say; did you ever see Mei Sheng? Were you ever loved by a husband or wife? Did your small child ever take your hand for safety? Did you ever watch an eagle soar, a Cheetah run, or a lioness caring for her young? Did my rain not ever cool you and give you joy? Did the rays from the sun not warm you? Did you ever notice the pure joy or glee in a child? Thats NATURE

just an opinion
doug

Someday IMO you some will stand before God and say I never read your Word. God will say; did you ever see Mei Sheng? Were you ever loved by a husband or wife? Did your small child ever take your hand for safety? Did you ever watch an eagle soar, a Cheetah run, or a lioness caring for her young? Did my rain not ever cool you and give you joy? Did the rays from the sun not warm you? Did you ever notice the pure joy or glee in a child? Thats NATURE

just an opinion
doug

Floods, drought, hurricanes, blizzards, avalanches, tsunamis, and earthquakes are all forces of nature, too.

No sh*t??? Really??? ;)

I did not know that. Most insightful post and thank you so much for posting it.:D

Really, no kidding. And the Pope is Catholic, bears really do (bleep!) in the woods, and the forces of nature aren't always so benign.

Keep reading my posts, and you will learn something.

Floods, drought, hurricanes, blizzards, avalanches, tsunamis, and earthquakes are all forces of nature, too.

However, floods do make a positive impact on the environment. Floods spread sediment containing beneficial nutrients to topsoil that might never arrive there otherwise.Most, if not all of the things you posted have some positive effect on the earth..We are the only ones bothered by them..

regards
doug

However, floods do make a positive impact on the environment. Floods spread sediment containing beneficial nutrients to topsoil that might never arrive there otherwise.Most, if not all of the things you posted have some positive effect on the earth..We are the only ones bothered by them..

regards
doug

True, but I'm not so sure the same could be said for droughts, hurricanes, and tornadoes. Sometimes, the forces of nature are benign, other times not so much. Still, can you imagine where man would be if the forces of nature were always helpful and beneficial? If there were no noxious weeds, or poisonous snakes? If nature provided plenty of food, and didn't bring extremes of temperature, or adverse conditions? I'm guessing we'd still be hunter/gatherers, and that there would be no modern world at all. Adversity isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Werbung:
True, but I'm not so sure the same could be said for droughts, hurricanes, and tornadoes. Sometimes, the forces of nature are benign, other times not so much. Still, can you imagine where man would be if the forces of nature were always helpful and beneficial? If there were no noxious weeds, or poisonous snakes? If nature provided plenty of food, and didn't bring extremes of temperature, or adverse conditions? I'm guessing we'd still be hunter/gatherers, and that there would be no modern world at all. Adversity isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Great post..eom

Back