How evil some bigoted communities can be? Here is an example

it also doesn't hurt that they work harder, are more reliable and glad of the opportunity.
but it applies less so to third generation as the industry of their parents and grandparents is on the wane by then.

You mean as they become more "Americanized?"

Glad you recognize that "industry" and "work ethic" is not an uniform quality of Americans either!

Werbung:
I guess I will point out the obvious....the sign is terrible and should be taken down....but if the residents of the town spoke English, it would not be an issue.

I would be curious to know why it was put there in the first place.

What do you think of this sign near a play ground in a very conservative community in Dlaware?

Nothing unusual, right?

But, if you can read Spanish, it is highly unusual and nasty.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/05/1176645/-Outrage-in-Delaware

What about our equal rghts?

Do you believe that if your child has a friend who is a spanish speaker, anyone has rhe right to intimidate that child with the threat of "police action" if he plays on the play ground equipment?
Your answer is in your post.."I originally saw this picture on Facebook, from a liberal friend downstate, who was sharing it via an original posting of the very nonliberal Dan Gaffney, a conservative talk show radio host. It is nice to know that the outrage concerning this photo is bipartisan. And what is so outrageous about it, you ask?"My point is Dan Gaffney a conservative had a problem with it..Like I said there are some people who just don't think...but i guess they are easy to pick on..

Ah...the feigned "white-class" bigotry sign.

The photos eventually reached Milford School District Superintendent Dr. Phyllis Kohel, who immediately told her husband to take the signs down. "I didn't want to wait," she told Delaware Online.

Though some have referred to the notices as a modern-day "Whites Only" signs, Kohel says she assumes "there was not an intent to discriminate."

As to how the Spanish translation came to diverge so far from its English counterpart, Kohel offered this possible explanation:

The only reason she can think of is that someone duplicated the signs that are posted at the districts middle school and high schools. At those locations, where there are sports fields, there are warnings in English and Spanish that use permits are required and that violators are subject to police action.

http://gawker.com/5973780/delaware-...spanish-translation-considered-racist-by-some

Looks like we sharpened the pitchforks and lit the torches for nothin'. Pack it in, folks, save the moderate liberal outrage for something else. I lkied this..

Werbung:
Looks like we sharpened the pitchforks and lit the torches for nothin'. Pack it in, folks, save the moderate liberal outrage for something else. I lkied this..

LOL...:p . Wouldn't it be funny if the maintenance engineer who put the sign there to begin with has a Spanish surname?

Back