Hitler was not a Christian

Werbung:
Of course he wasn't a Christian. He might have called himself that, but his actions prove that he was not.

He USED Christianity. He was a PAGAN and his followers were involved in every sort of demonic activity. Read "The Pink Swastika"

Do cite ;)

Actually, he had ties to the Catholic church his whole life and used Christian and pagan imagery constantly.

Just keep lying, though.
All the documentaries I have watched on Hitler indicated that he attended Catholic church as a youth, but not as an adult. However, he remarked on the importance of symbolism in the catholic church and exploited symbolism to the extreme. One such documentary claimed that his use of the swastika was taken from an Indian (East), good luck symbol. A version of the swastika was also noted to be used by American Indians of the desert south west but did not relate to its use by Germany. The documentaries never indicated that he ever attended church or practiced Catholicism as an adult. The Nazi party was supposed to take the place of religion for all Germans.

All the documentaries I have watched on Hitler indicated that he attended Catholic church as a youth, but not as an adult. However, he remarked on the importance of symbolism in the catholic church and exploited symbolism to the extreme. One such documentary claimed that his use of the swastika was taken from an Indian (East), good luck symbol. A version of the swastika was also noted to be used by American Indians of the desert south west but did not relate to its use by Germany. The documentaries never indicated that he ever attended church or practiced Catholicism as an adult. The Nazi party was supposed to take the place of religion for all Germans.

The swastika was once a perfectly good symbol of a lot of different things, with a history that goes back for thousands of years. It's really too bad that the Nazis corrupted it.

The swastika (from Sanskrit svástika) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, in either right-facing (卐) form or its mirrored left-facing (卍) form. Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period and was first found in the Indus Valley Civilization of the Indian Subcontinent. It occurs today in the modern day culture of India, sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol; it remains widely used in Eastern and Dharmic religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Where was your evidence that he was an atheist?

All this post was trying to get at was that Atheists have no moral guidelines and therefore have no morals, what I find funny is that religious people need these moral guidelines handed to them and a lot of Atheists live there lives with a perfect set of "socially acceptable" morals that they themselves have created the guidelines for. To even consider the idea that because someone does not believe in a God has no set of morals is actually insulting yourself, what you're indirectly saying is that if YOU had no religion, you'd have no set of morals.

All this post was trying to get at was that Atheists have no moral guidelines and therefore have no morals, what I find funny is that religious people need these moral guidelines handed to them and a lot of Atheists live there lives with a perfect set of "socially acceptable" morals that they themselves have created the guidelines for. To even consider the idea that because someone does not believe in a God has no set of morals is actually insulting yourself, what you're indirectly saying is that if YOU had no religion, you'd have no set of morals.
I agree. Although Christians claim the "...do unto others that which you would have done unto you...", there are parallel, almost word-for-word versions of that, which pre-date the Bible, I believe, in the Confucianism and Buddhism. It is just common sense that is evident in the fact that all primitive peoples had taboos against, and sanctions for, murder. But, oh boy! Do the Christians like to believe that their religion is singly responsible for all morals.

what I find funny is that religious people need these moral guidelines handed to them and a lot of Atheists live there lives with a perfect set of "socially acceptable" morals that they themselves have created the guidelines for

You confuse morals and ethics

Well I'm glad you figured out what this thread was about because it was like reading tea leaves to me!:D

If the whole point was to degrade Atheists then the counter argument is equally true. Using Hitler as an example of someone who only used the Catholic for a front and created world class harm. I see crazy lying televangelists acting the exact same way daily. Luckily unless you get a Jim Jones or David Koresh most don't achieve enough power to kill people.

But still the rational conclusion has to be that since we often can't tell a person is just fronting religion one is wise to always be skeptical.

That's hardly a bash on Atheists or Agnostics or Pagan or any other none believers. They seem to be the ones staying AWAY from the crazies.

I ran across this. I thought it was interesting, some will probably find it blasphemous. Either way... still interesting.;)

Werbung:
Well T you are changing the subject because you lost the argument.

And hey T, since when does a lib like guns? I thought all libs were against guns because of their innate fear of shooting themselves. :)

Back