guy suing theatre's over high snack prices

dogtowner

Staff member
I loved the picture they picked for this story

if you need a motorized chair to get around maybe you need to skip the snacks....

and whoever said a buck would get you a ticket, popcorn and a drink must be referring to when all movies were silent.

bilde

pictured is Rebecca Motley, not Joshua Thompson

Joshua Thompson loves the movies.

But he hates the prices theaters charge for concessions like pop and candy.

This week, the 20-something security technician from Livonia decided to do something about it: He filed a class action in Wayne County Circuit Court against his local AMC theater in hopes of forcing theaters statewide to dial down snack prices.

"He got tired of being taken advantage of," said Thompson's lawyer, Kerry Morgan of Wyandotte. "It's hard to justify prices that are three- and four-times higher than anywhere else."

American Multi Cinema, which operates the AMC theater in Livonia, wouldn't comment on the suit. A staffer at the National Association of Theatre Owners in Washington, D.C., angrily hung up the phone when asked about industry snack pricing practices.

Although consumer experts predicted that the case will be dismissed, it struck a chord Friday with area moviegoers, who said they're tired of being soaked on movie munchies.

"The prices are ridiculous," Rebecca Motley, 55, a self-employed Southfield physician, said while leaving the AMC Star Southfield 20.

Werbung:
you know the person could have a disablilty...does that mean no snacks as well now? YOu better be careful Sarah Palin may come after you for suggesting anything healthy as well...

Also 4.75+ for sour patch kids...sorry pal I will sneek mine in since they are a buck for a box at walgreens or the gas station...you know if they had even half way reasonable prices I may actuly pay for there food rather then sneek in pop and candy.

you know the person could have a disablilty...does that mean no snacks as well now? YOu better be careful Sarah Palin may come after you for suggesting anything healthy as well...

Also 4.75+ for sour patch kids...sorry pal I will sneek mine in since they are a buck for a box at walgreens or the gas station...you know if they had even half way reasonable prices I may actuly pay for there food rather then sneek in pop and candy.

Movie theaters make their money from concession sales, always have. More recently they are also going toward the movie rentals as well. So if you're looking for a villain here best look at Hollywood. Those sour patch kids are paying Brad Pitt (and everyone else) his massive bucks.

Stanford took a look at this in case you're bored.

Movie theaters make their money from concession sales, always have. More recently they are also going toward the movie rentals as well. So if you're looking for a villain here best look at Hollywood. Those sour patch kids are paying Brad Pitt (and everyone else) his massive bucks.

Stanford took a look at this in case you're bored.

actually they are paying for nothing..since no one I know actually buys the crap there...

actually they are paying for nothing..since no one I know actually buys the crap there...

well they still have the concession stand so you and everyone you know are enjoying the welfare of everyone else. I just largely quit going at all. Everything will be available on TV soon enough and I can be patient especially given the quality of film making these days.

This lawsuit should be thrown out for being yet another time waster for the courts.

Don't like the prices, bring your own stuff. Or don't go.

That is what America is about... not whining idiots like the guy in the article.

This lawsuit should be thrown out for being yet another time waster for the courts.

Don't like the prices, bring your own stuff. Or don't go.

That is what America is about... not whining idiots like the guy in the article.

I would hope the judge will render displeasure on this in the extrema.

He obviously is too damn dumb to wear a jacket with deep pockets and sneak in his candy like I do.

The same people complaining about high candy prices were back slapping each other the week before when minimum wage was raised to $9.05 in my state.

Life is hard when you're stupid.

He obviously is too damn dumb to wear a jacket with deep pockets and sneak in his candy like I do.

The same people complaining about high candy prices were back slapping each other the week before when minimum wage was raised to $9.05 in my state.

Life is hard when you're stupid.

10+/-% of whom will lose their job.

Werbung:
I was watching one of those cable financial programs the other day. They said because of the cost per barrel, the first $2.55 of a gallon of gas goes for the oil. There are roughly 42 gallons of oil in a barrel, but only half of that is used to make gasoline. However, it takes about two gallons of oil, to produce one gallon of gas. Then you have all the other expenses related to shipping, refining and delivery - then the state, federal taxes and the gas stations % on top of that.

Something kinda funny, there is an Exxon station near the White House that is selling regular gas for about $5.30 a gal. and supreme for about $5.70. I hope it shines right into Obama's bedroom window at night.

Back