Gulf War veteran executed

Stalin

Turn someone into a killing machine, as most armies do, and then express shock and surprise when they come back home and do it again.

"..Raised in Louisiana, Muhammad (then John Allen Williams) joined the Army National Guard of Louisiana right out of high school. He served in the National Guard from 1978 to 1985, facing disciplinary charges on two occasions and ultimately receiving a dishonorable discharge. Muhammad enlisted in the US army in 1985 and stayed in the military for nearly a decade, participating in the Gulf War as a combat engineer, his top rank being sergeant. Although he never underwent training as a sniper, Muhammad did receive a Marksmanship Badge with expert rating in the use of the M-16 rifle, a civilian version of which he allegedly used in his recent murderous rampage.

“Muhammad’s life after his discharge from the military is a record of a slow descent, with occasional upturns, into poverty and ultimately mental and moral disintegration.”

Both of Muhammad’s marriages ended acrimoniously. His second wife, Mildred Muhammad, petitioned for a restraining order in 2000, telling the court, “I am afraid of John. He was a demolition expert in the military. He is behaving very, very irrational. Whenever he does talk with me he always says that he’s going to destroy my life and I hang up the phone.”

Interviewed in the media recently, Ms. Muhammad, who has written a book about her life with the future “sniper,” claims that her ex-husband underwent a dramatic change in behavior as a result of his Gulf War experiences. She told a National Public Radio interviewer October 6, for example, that Muhammad “was a totally different person” after his return from the conflict.

“When he came back he was very reserved, he sat in the corner, pondering what happened to him in Saudi [Arabia]. I don’t believe that I will ever know exactly what happened to him there, but whatever it was, it shook his foundation and changed him completely from the person that I knew before he left.”

Her husband told her that “soldiers were not being treated fairly based upon race. There was a smoke grenade that was thrown into the tent, and the officials in their investigation decided that John was trying to commit suicide. So they took him from his unit, they hogtied him and put him in a dungeon-like place with this head to the floor and left him there. And he said, do you know what they were trying to do? They were trying to kill me. Why would anybody want to do that? All I wanted to do was to be a good soldier. That is what changed him.… He said you [his wife] have become my enemy, and as my enemy, I will kill you. I didn’t feel I needed to wait around for that to happen.”

(Apparently referring to Muhammad’s account of his war experiences, attorney Sheldon told the media that he “is delusional, paranoid and incompetent. He was angry at the government after he came back from the Gulf War. And he has delusions of racist conspiracies.”)

Absurd claims were made by the Bush administration and the ultra-right in 2002 to the effect that Muhammad was a domestic “terrorist.” A one-time member of Louis Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam, the reactionary separatist organization, and a volunteer security guard at the so-called “Million Man March” organized in Washington in October 1995, Muhammad’s mental universe was terribly confused. He parroted black nationalist rhetoric and could praise Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, but also claimed at times to be working for the CIA and FBI. In July 2000, while applying at a government office on the Caribbean island of Antigua, Muhammad claimed to have attended “Special Forces/Sniper School” in the US military and to have “taught urban warfare.”

All of this ideological mishmash was overshadowed by an obvious mental disorder. Malvo, at Muhammad’s trial in 2006, claimed that the killings were part of a plan to kidnap young people, extort $10 million from the American government, and set up training camps in Canada from which children could be dispatched to the US to carry out terrorist acts.

In the final analysis, American authorities resort to the barbarism of the death penalty in dealing with psychopathic behavior because they have no rational or progressive solutions to any of the country’s pressing problems.

more at http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/nov2009/snip-n11.shtml

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
So how tramatized can you become in a war that lasted about 72 hours, and against a foe that created major problems for our troops by dropping their weapons and surrendering by the hundreds?

Since you brought it up, there was another Gulf War veteran that got executed before him. It was a right wing nutcase that hated the government so we went and killed civilians to teach the government a lesson. It was the Oklahoma City bombing. His name was Timothy McVeigh, and he killed 168 people, 19 of them babies and children.

walk around sniping civilans becuse you get off on it, in a non war zone, for zero good reason....but Stalin will Deffend him...sorry but many go to war, you still can't come back and kill and not get punshed.

I think you missed the point.

It is easier for you to accuse me of defending this person than admit to the immorality of war and what it does to innocents.

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
These are the cases where I think it is wise for us to have capital punishment as an option.

Back