Grand Dragon Dies

Gipper

Hey libs look for your news outlets to FAIL to report on Byrd's KKK involvement and his opposition to civil rights early in his life. Just another example of their bias, which you CAN'T recognize.

Remember when Senators Helm and Thurmond died and the MSM dumped all other them? Well if you are lib, you don't care or you don't know who those senators were.

But that said, my regrets to his family.

225px-Robert_Byrd_official_portrait.jpg

Werbung:
sorry to disappoint you, but they talked about it..but of course that fact aside, I am sure you will act like they did not...

RIP Senator Byrd, thank you for your service to this nation

They? Who is they?

But I do stand corrected in at least one case, I did hear a short report on his KKK involvement on CNN.

Hey libs look for your news outlets to FAIL to report on Byrd's KKK involvement and his opposition to civil rights early in his life. Just another example of their bias, which you CAN'T recognize.

Remember when Senators Helm and Thurmond died and the MSM dumped all other them? Well if you are lib, you don't care or you don't know who those senators were.

But that said, my regrets to his family.

225px-Robert_Byrd_official_portrait.jpg

I never liked him but I was really proud of him when he stood up against obama about the Czars. I wish he would have been able to do something about it. I wonder if he will be replaced by a D or an R

oh and the top of the hour news on the radio did say he was in the KKK many years ago but it never mentioned the civil rights. Mostly just how he died and how he was the oldest senator, but you are right. They went on and on and on about Strom Thurmond. The left leaning news had almost nothing decent to say about him, just anything bad they could come up with, no matter how many years they had to go back to find it. Good that you pointed it out, I am so used to it that I did not pay attention

Strom Thurmond never really renounced his racist views and segregationist views...Byrd did. Byrd became a champion of civil rights and other issues related...Thurmond did not...people can respect a man who changes his ways and works hard to atone for them....when you never apologize and keep at your ways...don't expect pitty.

you mean when he used the phrase white ******s? of course oddly different meaning when you add he was talking about whites..

and even then he said he was sorry in a very well worded apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FIBJt-c2o0

from Fox news

now show me where Strom said he was sorry to be for Segregation as a policy,..I have yet to see it

Are you saying that it's ok to say there are white N******s? If it's ok why did he say he was sorry? I think the word is not accepted in any forum. And yes I know he said he was sorry, I wrote that in my text. Saying sorry makes everything ok again? Doesn't say anything about a persons character?

So good to know that you can say what ever you want and just say sorry and that makes it all better so you can say something again later and just say sorry.

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

"I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.

But he said sorry so its all better. Or did he? I am confused, I thought he said sorry for being in the Klan when he quit the klan. So if he is writing letters about how great the klan is after he left, does this require a new apology? or did the first "I'm sorry" cover all future racist statements?

Are you saying that it's ok to say there are white N******s? If it's ok why did he say he was sorry? I think the word is not accepted in any forum. And yes I know he said he was sorry, I wrote that in my text. Saying sorry makes everything ok again? Doesn't say anything about a persons character?

So good to know that you can say what ever you want and just say sorry and that makes it all better so you can say something again later and just say sorry.

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

"I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.

But he said sorry so its all better. Or did he? I am confused, I thought he said sorry for being in the Klan when he quit the klan. So if he is writing letters about how great the klan is after he left, does this require a new apology? or did the first "I'm sorry" cover all future racist statements?

your talking about 1944 and 1946....also known as 55 years ago...you don't think that maybe not the same person as then? when you have to dig bag 55 years, and ignore all he has done since he reformed his views...its pretty pathetic....If anything to me it shows the power of how much a man can change....while you seem locked in the idea ones you have been wrong, you never can change...you can't become a better person in life...nope your stuck...you ignore the vast part of his life to focus on a part of his life he regretted and worked hard to repent for. Here I thought you claimed to be Christian....but does not seem you believe in much of what Jesus would have said here

Werbung:
your talking about 1944 and 1946....also known as 55 years ago...you don't think that maybe not the same person as then? when you have to dig bag 55 years, and ignore all he has done since he reformed his views...its pretty pathetic....If anything to me it shows the power of how much a man can change....while you seem locked in the idea ones you have been wrong, you never can change...you can't become a better person in life...nope your stuck...you ignore the vast part of his life to focus on a part of his life he regretted and worked hard to repent for. Here I thought you claimed to be Christian....but does not seem you believe in much of what Jesus would have said here

I have never claimed to be a Christian on this forum because I am not a Christian but I will fight to defend them to the bitter end. I am also not Jewish but I will fight to the last for their right to exist.

I bring up the quotes for one reason. Read the very last part of each quote. They were said after he quit the KKK and said he was sorry for being in the KKK. The quotes would mean nothing had he said them while in the KKK.

If you add those quotes from after he left the KKK with other quotes of him using the N word it can lead a person to wonder how much of the change was real and how much was political.

In the end I really don't care if he was a racist, what I care about is the constant double standards and excuses made for democrats who are as bad if not worse than the republicans that democrats attack.

Back