Give your Reasons as to why we need a Civil War?!?

Werbung:
Discuss???

I'll bite...the same basic argument that started the civil war is facing us today: Is this a Federal Democracy or a Democratic Republic? Who should hold more power the States or the Federal government?

It is clear that the Federal Government is trying for a power grab. The States who don't have the greatest population are at risk of losing their say in how the country is run. There is no doubt that we are on the cusp of a conflict.

Unlike the Civil War, this time it will be fought at the polls and in the media. In the 1800's there wasn't the level of transparency and the speed of information, so the decision was to be in or out. Now, every person can react almost instantly, as we have seen with the reaction to the Healthcare bills. We are in for a fight and it will cost us dearly, but not with blood. Instead, it will be with jobs, standard of living, and a slowing of technology growth.

I'll bite...the same basic argument that started the civil war is facing us today: Is this a Federal Democracy or a Democratic Republic? Who should hold more power the States or the Federal government?
The two are not mutually exclusive of each other. We are both, always have been, and appears to be continuing on that path.
It is clear that the Federal Government is trying for a power grab. The States who don't have the greatest population are at risk of losing their say in how the country is run. There is no doubt that we are on the cusp of a conflict.
Seriously? On the cusp of conflict? I wasnt alive in the 60s, so I cant accurately describe the auro of the times, but I cant imagine things are nearly as explosive as then more a multitude of reasons.
Unlike the Civil War, this time it will be fought at the polls and in the media.
It happens every day, its called the 24/7/365 election season, fueled by a giant, greedy, powerful, connected media industry that has much of America and the world for that matter brainwashed.
In the 1800's there wasn't the level of transparency and the speed of information, so the decision was to be in or out. Now, every person can react almost instantly, as we have seen with the reaction to the Healthcare bills. We are in for a fight and it will cost us dearly, but not with blood. Instead, it will be with jobs, standard of living, and a slowing of technology growth.
Id like to think that things are kinda chilling out. But I am a long way from the real pulse of America. In terms of meeting interuptions and some generally tame protests, they seem to be less, but there are probably less of them going on to show up and protest.

As for the last few setences of your post, I think it is much to early in this administration to realistically predict that things will be worse in 2011.

The Republican Party's Spokesman suggests our streets would be safe, once again, if we'd revert to the good-ol'-days/good-ol'-ways.....​

"I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

The two are not mutually exclusive of each other. We are both, always have been, and appears to be continuing on that path.

Yes they are mutually exclusive. The one has everyone voting and the majority wins. The other has states of all sizes having an equal voice. Much more effective for preventing mob rule.

Seriously? On the cusp of conflict? I wasnt alive in the 60s, so I cant accurately describe the auro of the times, but I cant imagine things are nearly as explosive as then more a multitude of reasons.

You should have been there, it was quite something to watch. It was very different though. That was more about young versus old and a birthing of true civil right freedoms.

It happens every day, its called the 24/7/365 election season, fueled by a giant, greedy, powerful, connected media industry that has much of America and the world for that matter brainwashed.

I'll agree with you there, but this blog is a great example of how even us few can still get our opinion out and sometimes change things a bit.

Id like to think that things are kinda chilling out. But I am a long way from the real pulse of America. In terms of meeting interruptions and some generally tame protests, they seem to be less, but there are probably less of them going on to show up and protest.

It is not about pretests, but about power grabs. People will not be OK with the continuation of this over reaching power struggle. New leaders will rise from this conflict and that is the civil war I'm describing.

As for the last few setences of your post, I think it is much to early in this administration to realistically predict that things will be worse in 2011.

I think 2011 will be better because I think the 2010 Congressional elections will balance power once again.

If you haven't noticed nothing about anything that is going on is creating new jobs, especially in small business.
Gee....we were told tax-cuts & bank-bailout$ were supposed to CURE all that. Is it POSSIBLE George Bush LIED to everyone??!!!

:confused:

At least we can all sleep well, each night, knowing that bank-holding$ are so-much-more healthy, now...and, that the stock-market is profitable, once-again....for the 1%ers!!!!

:mad:

Odd thread considering obama just won the peace prize for giving us all hope

So, really shouldn't we all just be super happy and on our knees genuflecting to our great leader and thanking him for all this glorious hope he has filled us with ???

I just wish he would give us a pill so we could swollow this change, because it a hard swollow on its own.

Werbung:
Back