Fox News Whistle Blower video

PLC1

Staff member
I got this as a passed around email. How much of it is true, I'm not sure. I posted it here to see what comments it might get, and whether anyone was familiar with the story.

If it is true, it is quite an indictment.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWcqxrQgcc&feature=related[/video]

Werbung:
I hate The Monsanto Company, they have their claws in everything.

I am generally pro business except these people give business a bad name

They remind me of the umbrella corporation in Resident Evil

Gleaned from this and other sites so far:

A lot of people don't like/trust Monsanto. They have a history of litigation and controversy, so fear of litigation most likely is the motivation for quashing the story.

This station is not all of Fox News, but just a local affiliate. The story isn't a dig at FNN. Moreover other stations "do it too" (unsupported, but most likely correct.)

The whistleblower's lawsuit was unsuccessful, which raises doubts in some minds, but one post read:

This story has been around for a while and it's all true...Fox doesn't deny it, and conservative media ignores it. But what the legal decision on this matter did was make it perfectly okay to lie as far as the FCC is concerned on news broadcasts. Fox was also ordered to pay that woman in the story $425,000 for wrongfull firing and threatening to fire her if she went to the FCC.

So, was the suit successful, or was it not?

And how about BGH in the milk? Is everyone comfortable with that?

More food for thought....

Effects ofBGH on cows and people:

Although human health effects of milk from rBGH-treated cows are uncertain, health effects on cows are better understood. Normally for about 12 weeks after a cow calves, she produces milk at the expense of her own tissues. She loses weight, she is infertile, and she is more susceptible to diseases such as mastitis (inflammation of the udder). Eventually her milk output diminishes, her food intake catches up, and she begins to rebuild her body. By injecting rBGH, a farmer can postpone for another 8 to 12 weeks the time when the cow begins rebuilding her body. This means that the cow is stressed for another 8 to 12 weeks and is more susceptible to infection during that period. [10]

There is abundant evidence that, when cows get mastitis, farmers give them antibiotics. Mastitis (or the pus it puts into milk) is a major cause of lost revenues to dairy farmers. According to the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO), FDA has approved use of 30 antibiotics on dairy cows but an additional 50 antibiotics are suspected of being used illegally on dairy cows. A 1988 Illinois survey found over 200 different animal drugs on dairy farms, 58% of them not approved for use on dairy cows. Furthermore, the routine tests that FDA applies to milk nationwide can only detect 4 types of antibiotics, so FDA is not in a position to protect consumers from illegal use of antibiotics (which are sold without prescription at farm supply stores).

and about those antibiotics...

The era of antibiotics is coming to a close. In just a couple of generations, what once appeared to be miracle medicines have been beaten into ineffectiveness by the bacteria they were designed to knock out. Once, scientists hailed the end of infectious diseases. Now, the post-antibiotic apocalypse is within sight.

Organisms exposed to antibiotics tend to develop resistance to those antibiotics, and related ones as well.

Their crap is in everything.

In Mexico and parts of the US on the border the natives save the best corn seeds to grow the following year, these seeds go back so many generations I am not sure anyone could count.

Monsanto's started a new kind of corn with a type of round up in each kernel of seed and put a patent on their corn. When the wind blows and birds eat the seeds naturally scatter. Long story short monsanto was able to take the corn from near by farms because the pollen from their corn mixed with farmers corn. They were even able to contaminate corn that came from seeds from seeds in Mexico that goes back generations were all confiscated by monsanto.

Their crap is in everything.

In Mexico and parts of the US on the border the natives save the best corn seeds to grow the following year, these seeds go back so many generations I am not sure anyone could count.

Monsanto's started a new kind of corn with a type of round up in each kernel of seed and put a patent on their corn. When the wind blows and birds eat the seeds naturally scatter. Long story short monsanto was able to take the corn from near by farms because the pollen from their corn mixed with farmers corn. They were even able to contaminate corn that came from seeds from seeds in Mexico that goes back generations were all confiscated by monsanto.

You mean that they collect seeds from farmers, and check to see whether their genetic engineering is a part of those seeds? How do they do that?

How do they get access to farmers' seeds and fields, and how do they determine that their patented seeds are involved?

You mean that they collect seeds from farmers, and check to see whether their genetic engineering is a part of those seeds? How do they do that?

How do they get access to farmers' seeds and fields, and how do they determine that their patented seeds are involved?

In one case they got a court order. Everyone knows the birds and wind will send pollen to the next farm, monsanto's knew their corn infected the farmer next door but monsanto won in court and the man lost his crops for that year. I think monsanto should be sued for not controlling their genetically modified corn, but I think they have bought judges as well as news stations.

Another case, the mexico one.... they just walked up into their fields and took several ears.

I am sure in most cases they just took it

I could buy monsanto's corn in the store and dry it then grow it, It does not seem like they could stop me, Its my corn I paid for. I dont know why judges are siding with them on any of this but they are.

In one case they got a court order. Everyone knows the birds and wind will send pollen to the next farm, monsanto's knew their corn infected the farmer next door but monsanto won in court and the man lost his crops for that year. I think monsanto should be sued for not controlling their genetically modified corn, but I think they have bought judges as well as news stations.

Another case, the mexico one.... they just walked up into their fields and took several ears.

I am sure in most cases they just took it

I could buy monsanto's corn in the store and dry it then grow it, It does not seem like they could stop me, Its my corn I paid for. I dont know why judges are siding with them on any of this but they are.

No wonder you don't like Monsanto.

It sounds to me like they just have a lot of money, therefore a lot of power.

Werbung:
Back