Fadebook

dogtowner

Staff member
a study in the effects of mere hype in a post Dot Com Bust

without underwriting trying to support the share price, Facebook has dropped 25% off its IPO high and 11% today. says one analyst...

"Look at the valuation on it. It might have said 'buy' to a few people, but boy it was awfully rich,"
Frank Lesh, a futures analyst and broker at FuturePath Trading LLC in Chicago

No Red Hat's anymore gang people know just this thing can go belly up any time if people tire of it.

Werbung:
Facebook is worse than a dot com scam. Imagine the shock if it quickly moves under ten dollars a share. It would be the greatest fly by night scam in IPO history. Some speculators would be jumping out windows.

Tell me any case why anyone should buy this over price piece of junk stock
?

This is most assuredly not a google. It is in a little make believe space called social networking which to me is a nice place for idenity thieves
to hangout. I have used it before to track down the whereabouts of bank fraud conspirators. So its value to privacy is nil.

Google is the search engine. One will not go to face book for that function. Further, Google earth is useful in many ways. Android is useful and could even be ported as an OS.

Facebook is a data bank, nothing more. It attempts to leverage association with buying habits. So it is an after thought. Its like saying... how can we make money off this data base or this app? It is most certainly not essential like a search engine. More simply China can live without facebook but it could not live without the search engine.

What is the value of this piece of Krap? It has a punk in charge and a not very nice punk. He stole the application and now he is in charge with zero experience running a company. Nobody has a clue how to value the stock. Its worse than gold. What's it worth? Who knows... but its not worth 16 billion.

I think it is worse than a dot com. It has no options to trade because nobody knows the value. I don't think Facebook
can do any better social networking than Amazon. Amazon at least has a reason for existence.

I think Facebook is a scam, a new low in the world of IPOs. It is the benji movie of companies. It had the biggest splash in the world for no reason whatsoever except to hook investors blindly then they wake up to reality.

Oh but it is the perfect stock for the times... smoke and mirrors presenting a new myth that nothing need be practical to attract the nimble minds of the American public. I would even characterize this company as "soooo Obama" just smoke and teleprompters, no substance, the proverbial empty hoodie.

I would love to hear a case in favor of this trash fish company. I think the public response says it all. This was a canard and when the holding period end, this thing will tank likeobama poll numbers.

Tell me any case why anyone should buy this over price piece of junk stock?
I would love to hear a case in favor of this trash fish company.

1. Because its "cool"
2. Because its slightly less useless than Twitter.

The parallels between BHO and Facebook are remarkable. Both are insubstantial, both emanated from Harvard and both seem destined to become answers for Jeopardy.

Remember when Harvard was a great school ? Its made itself into a caricature now.

Werbung:
While I definitely agree that it's only a matter of time unit it joins MySpace in the graveyard, I don't think it's going to tank just yet as I don't really see any other strong competitor gaining momentum. Yeah that timeline crap is annoying as hell and has caused SOME to leave but they can just roll that back if they see a significant drop which would keep most of its userbase. And now that a lot of businesses have bought into the social media bandwagon, they are encouraging their customers to not let go. "Want a coupon? Like us on FB" and so on.

Back