Eric Cantor says Wall Street protesters are ‘mobs’

steveox

The Wall Street protesters are finally getting the attention they have been seeking, it seems. Eric Cantor, the No. 2 Republican in the House, denounced the Occupy Wall Street protests Friday as "mobs," and Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, charged demonstrators with "trying to take away the jobs of people working in this city."

Cantor, the House majority leader and a Republican from Virginia, told a gathering of conservative activists in Washington that he's "increasingly concerned" by the "growing mobs" at the protests, which have spread to Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C., and other cities after starting several weeks ago on Wall Street.

Democrats are beginning to express support for the demonstrations, and Paul Krugman, the influential liberal columnist, suggests they could be the start of something big.The protesters have resisted issuing specific demands, but they have expressed anger at growing inequality and at the distorting influence of money--particularly money from the financial industry--on the political system.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...reet-protesters-mobs-democrats-191017569.html

Didnt Maxine Waters told the Tea Party people to go to Hell?
Didnt Harry Reid called the Tea Party people terrorist?
Didnt Al Shapton called the Tea Party people racist?

Seems its double standard when Dems and CBS used Justine Bieber to make Tea Party movement as extereme racist. See the Liberal media goes after republicans attacking their people. But when Democrats do it ,,Its Hush Hush!!

Werbung:
Well,,Thats not how the Mainstream Media looks at it.They think Cantor is attacking them like Liberals attack the Tea Party.

he is right

they are a group of thugs who refuse to get a protest permit, they stop people from getting to and from their jobs. They are a mob of thugs and should all be arrested

please sir, may we have a permit for our Free speech ....

But I agree all the Liberal Ron Paul Supporting hippies at the one I was at should be arrested!

don't you have some cross's to be burning or woman to be putting in there place?

Comming right up
burning-star.jpg
BurningCross.jpg

Which one do you like?

But I agree all the Liberal Ron Paul Supporting hippies at the one I was at should be arrested!

I personally do not think we need a permit for free speech but it is the law that when groups get together for things like this that they get a permit, they never got one neither did the group in portland and I doubt any other group did either.

Had the tea party not gotten permits crap would have hit the fan. Even the big anti tea party thing with sharpton got a permit.

and any group intentionally blocking roads and people from getting to where they are going should be arrested, fined or something. You can have your free speech but not at the point you stop me from going where I am going. The anti war people did this often too and got away with it.

I need a permit to exercise my constitutional "right" to carry a firearm, a firearm that I needed permission from the government in the form of a federal background check just to purchase. If all our rights that you actually like were subject to the same ridiculous bureaucratic hurdles that exist for our Right to Bear Arms, you might actually give a shat about government infringement on the rights of the individual.

I need a permit to exercise my constitutional "right" to carry a firearm, a firearm that I needed permission from the government in the form of a federal background check just to purchase. If all our rights that you actually like were subject to the same ridiculous bureaucratic hurdles that exist for our Right to Bear Arms, you might actually give a shat about government infringement on the rights of the individual.

Correct me if I'm wrong. . .but I think you can (and many have!) kill people (even innocent ones) with a gun.

I don't think sleeping in a park, or even "loitering" has killed many people, except those who died from exposure!

Correct me if I'm wrong. . .but I think you can (and many have!) kill people (even innocent ones) with a gun.

I don't think sleeping in a park, or even "loitering" has killed many people, except those who died from exposure!

they are creating a public health mess

You are wrong. My right to keep and bear arms is not a "right" to harm innocent people. My right to peaceably assemble is not a "right" to harm innocent people. My right to free speech is not a "right" to harm innocent people.

Blocking traffic, like was done on the Brooklyn bridge, harms innocent people, shutting down Wall Street harms innocent people, creating unsanitary conditions as a result of your protests harms innocent people. You do not have a right to harm innocent people.

You are wrong. My right to keep and bear arms is not a "right" to harm innocent people. My right to peaceably assemble is not a "right" to harm innocent people. My right to free speech is not a "right" to harm innocent people.

Blocking traffic, like was done on the Brooklyn bridge, harms innocent people, shutting down Wall Street harms innocent people, creating unsanitary conditions as a result of your protests harms innocent people. You do not have a right to harm innocent people.

My point was that there is a HUGE spectrum of "harming innocent people," from shooting them to death (and it does happen. . .too often!) to extending their commute to work because of a protest!

I did not know you had a Right to drive down that road...what amendment was that again?

Its not that simple getting a permit. John Stossel on Fox news showed everyone just how tough it is getting a permit to sell. You see its not that simple to get any kind of permit in America. Its much easier to get permits in Japan and in Australia but not in America.

Werbung:
My point was that there is a HUGE spectrum of "harming innocent people," from shooting them to death (and it does happen. . .too often!)
Unless it's found to be a case of self defense, you don't have the right to kill someone.

to extending their commute to work because of a protest!
They didn't have a right to do that, hence the arrests.

Back