Does the US Government Have the Right to Kill American Citizens with Drone Strikes

What do you really want from them?

They say they would not and have no plans to use such a power
They state that what your talking about would not be legal,
And you bitch still...about something they have not done, will not do, and have no plans to do.
Do you want them to make it double illegal for you to be happy? Maybe say drone attacks in the United states in a no imminent threat fashion are, double secret illegal on probation?

Had this administration ever exhibited any sort of integrity on anything then perhaps they would have earned the benefit of the doubt. But it has not done so leaving us no choice but to ignore it's words and ponder it's actions.

I appreciate that you are happy to accept them at face value despite the many failings you have acknowledged but if you expect anyone else to do so that's just not reasonable.

Werbung:
This is one of the most corrupt Administrations we've ever had. There is a huge cover-up of Fast and Furious and Benghazi and who knows what else is out there, or yet to happen.

Whatever your opinion of the current administration, remember that the powers that have been accruing are not to the current administration only, but to the presidency.

and no one knows who the next president will be, or the one after that.

which is why the powers of the presidency have to be limited.

yes...overseas...Again rules for how the military works in Pakistan...verses Inside the US...not the same. They also shoot people overseas...is our US military running around the US shooting people? nope.

Again, if your sitting at home planning shit..no fucking drone attack is going to happen...they can send the Police, atf, fbi....If your sitting in areas of Pakistan where even Pakistan Military has to fight to get into...Expect a drone attack and not the Police.

is our US military running around the US shooting people? not yet.

You make a lot out of the administration saying that they have no intention of using drone strikes in the USA. OK, so you trust them, and let's say that your trust is justified, just for sake of argument.

What about the next administration and the next? Do you really trust government to do the right thing, regardless of the power that they've been given?

I know I don't. Government is the biggest threat to liberty. It has to be limited and controlled. There are all too many examples in the world of governments that are not limited nor controlled by the governed.

and power corrupts.

You make a lot out of the administration saying that they have no intention of using drone strikes in the USA. OK, so you trust them, and let's say that your trust is justified, just for sake of argument.

What about the next administration and the next? Do you really trust government to do the right thing, regardless of the power that they've been given?

I know I don't. Government is the biggest threat to liberty. It has to be limited and controlled. There are all too many examples in the world of governments that are not limited nor controlled by the governed.

and power corrupts.
Applying common sense logic to pockets ....:ROFLMAO:
That's Funny .....

I believe that is exactly what we are saying here ...
Along with the fact that this is the most corrupt and dangerous administration in modern history.

I think you'd be hard pressed to show that it is more dangerous than the past one, but perhaps you could.
And that would not be relevant to the point of this thread anyway.

I wonder just what the next one will be like? Let's hope we have the wit to limit its power before it's too late.

I think you'd be hard pressed to show that it is more dangerous than the past one, but perhaps you could.

I don't think it would be very difficult at all to show just how dangerous the administration is. However, I do not think I am interested in trying to convince Obama supporters of the obvious.

I wonder just what the next one will be like? Let's hope we have the wit to limit its power before it's too late.

Let's just hope that our elections are not rife with voter fraud and run by the Black Panthers and the corrupted Unions as they have been in 08 and 12.

there are some involved with F&F and Benghazi who would argue your first sentence were they still alive.

and power corrupts.

What difference does it make? Again your caught up in, ooo its a drone? who cares? 20 years ago they could have decided to drop a Smart bomb on you from a f-16...does a drone make the goverment somehow more likely to go evil on everyone? no. If your just saying no drones based on some wild idea some goverment some day may use them on us for its own reasons...well then you better get rid of our whole military as any part of it could be used. If there are no drones, would that mean the next administration can't do anything? no. Agian this all a bunch of hyperbole of a non issue. Drones change nothing. There is no new special power that says Drones can be used for anything that other weapons could already not do. There is no special power saying people who could not have force used against them , all of the sudden can.

Honestly, what do you fear? some nut job goverment just our shooting people with drones because they don't like them or ran against them or something? They could also just shoot them...so what do you think will happen in this 1984 world with a drone attack , that can't be done by something the military has had for 20 years already.

there are some involved with F&F and Benghazi who would argue your first sentence were they still alive.

How is it Republicans can have Sept 11 on there watch, and the Iraq war and you guys sit by cheering the party...and then you act like Benghazi and FNF where the end of the world?I guess Obama should rack the death count up higher so you can support it?

limit what? for what reason? No drone attacks on US soil? why what makes a drone attack special?

limit what? for what reason? No drone attacks on US soil? why what makes a drone attack special?

Drones Keep Watchful Eye on Illegal Hunting

From Hollywood to Kansas, drones are flying under the radar

EPA Drones Terrorizing Ranchers Because the EPA Hates the Heartland

Domestic use of drones? Bad idea (this was written by Bob Bickel, a liberal)

.....drones have already been deployed to assist local police departments, which on its face may seem like a good idea. But local police don't control the drones; that's done by trained drone pilots in the U.S. military.

Werbung:

Well, you do sort of have a point there. They could just hunt people down from helicopters. The fact of the matter is that they're using drones to kill people, including Americans, because they've been accused of terrorism. What's to stop them from using drones (or helicopters, if you prefer, or the sort of mechanical "dog" described in Fahrenheit 451, or anything else) to hunt down and kill people that they suspect of being bad guys in general?

There's a reason for the right to a jury trial, and the presumption of innocence.

Back