Do you agree with this?

Do you agree with Rush?

• Yes. Why should people who can't feed themselves vote?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, everyone except felons should be allowed to vote.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Werbung:
Not going to watch some video but if it boils down to withholding voting rights for welfare dependents or other wards of the state then yeah, I'm good with that. Of course that might require a constitutional amendment which isn't going to happen. Not a poll tax. I'd be OK with applying it to tax payers, whic is to say people who file taxes.

Not going to watch some video but if it boils down to withholding voting rights for welfare dependents or other wards of the state then yeah, I'm good with that. Of course that might require a constitutional amendment which isn't going to happen. Not a poll tax. I'd be OK with applying it to tax payers, whic is to say people who file taxes.

That's a yes vote then.

Agreed. If one is completely dependent on the tax payers to support themselves, they should lose their right to vote.

But, sadly this is not going to happen. The Communist Party of America (Dems) would never win an election without it's "slaves." The Ds have set it up so that welfare recipients vote D every two years. Many even get a free ride to the polls and a meal out of the deal.

Agreed. If one is completely dependent on the tax payers to support themselves, they should lose their right to vote.

But, sadly this is not going to happen. The Communist Party of America (Dems) would never win an election without it's "slaves." The Ds have set it up so that welfare recipients vote D every two years. Many even get a free ride to the polls and a meal out of the deal.

don't forget the cash !

A driving theme of the first American Revolution was, "Taxation without representation is tyranny!"

In that spirit, I think we can fine-tune the idea a little. Perhaps each person should be allowed to vote multiple times in each election, with the number of votes he casts, proportional to the amount of taxes he pays.

Sound reasonable?

All I here is Obama Obama Obama it be nice to hear some logic instead of this constant attack... His demonizing of the poor because of those who abuse the system disgusting. Denying people the right to vote is wrong but no one is entitled to vote themselves federal funds. I dont blame the individuals that vote for themselves federal funds and because of that I dont feel the need to punish them. I blame the system that allows them to do so and the politicians that bribe the people with their own money. Get rid of state welfare let private charities take place for the truly disadvantaged. Of course I am sure Rush and his Rushbots would love to return to how we originally defined an eligible voter. A rich white male land owner over the age of 21.

A driving theme of the first American Revolution was, "Taxation without representation is tyranny!"

In that spirit, I think we can fine-tune the idea a little. Perhaps each person should be allowed to vote multiple times in each election, with the number of votes he casts, proportional to the amount of taxes he pays.

Sound reasonable?

Thats absurd.

To clarify: The proposal was not just to disenfranchise anyone who is on welfare, even though that is the implication when he says "people who can't even feed themselves." He says, "anyone getting government money." Logically, that would include the officers of Goldman Sachs, for example, and the large agricultural interests who get crop subsidies and subsidized water.

I'm not sure just how many people would be left to vote.

To clarify: The proposal was not just to disenfranchise anyone who is on welfare, even though that is the implication when he says "people who can't even feed themselves." He says, "anyone getting government money." Logically, that would include the officers of Goldman Sachs, for example, and the large agricultural interests who get crop subsidies and subsidized water.

I'm not sure just how many people would be left to vote.

Corporations are not people I do not see how you can deny individuals at goldman sachs the right to vote just because they were tanking. The government should have let them tank but its not right to deny people the right to vote for such trivial reasons.

Corporations are not people I do not see how you can deny individuals at goldman sachs the right to vote just because they were tanking. The government should have let them tank but its not right to deny people the right to vote for such trivial reasons.

Not even the officers who took multi million dollar "bonuses" paid for courtesy of the US taxpayer?

Not even the officers who took multi million dollar "bonuses" paid for courtesy of the US taxpayer?

The government shouldnt have let that happen. How is it their fault that the government is incompetent?

Werbung:
Back