Did Sen. Kyl lie about Obama's refusal to secure border? Or did Obama admin lie?

Little-Acorn

Sen. John Kyl (R-AZ) said last week at a Town Hall meeting, that he had had a conversation with Barack Obama at the White House, where Obama told him he wouldn't secure the border because then Republicans wouldn't support "Comprehensive Immigration Reform". Kyl's statement was greeted with astonishment at the time.

(See article and video at http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-secure-border-lawmakers-immigration-package/ )

Now a White House spokesman is saying that Obama never said that. Essentially, the Obama administration is accusing Sen. Kyl of lying about it.

What are the chances? Apparently only the two of them (Obama and Kyl) were in the room for the conversation, so it is Obama's word against Kyl's.

How to resolve this puzzle?

Well, how many times has Kyl lied in the past?

And, how many times has Obama lied in the past?

Hmmm, not looking good for the President.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38789.html#ixzz0rVrYmffq

White House says Jon Kyl story not true

The White House on Monday denied Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl’s claim that President Barack Obama told him privately that he would not work to secure the border unless it was part of a comprehensive immigration reform package.

In a video that started circulating among conservative blogs over the weekend, the Arizona Republican is seen telling supporters in North Phoenix that in a private meeting in the Oval Office, Obama said “the problem” with border enforcement measures is that “if we secure the border then [Republicans] won’t have any reason to support comprehensive immigration reform.”

Kyl said the president’s supposed statement is proof that Democrats “don’t want to secure the border unless or until it is combined with comprehensive immigration reform.”

But in a statement to POLITICO, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer denied Kyl’s account of the conversation, saying “the president didn’t say that and Senator Kyl knows it.”

“There are more resources dedicated toward border security today than ever before, but, as the President has made clear, truly securing the border will require a comprehensive solution to our broken immigration system,” Pfeiffer said.

Kyl has been one of the most outspoken critics of the president on immigration reform and has before accused Democrats of holding up border security in order to keep it as a chip to negotiate for broader reform.

Later in the video, Kyl says the reason the federal government has not secured the border is that Democrats “don’t want to do it.”

“They want to get something in return for doing their duty,” the Arizona Republican said. “You don’t have to have comprehensive reform to secure the border, but you have to secure the border to get comprehensive reform.”

Kyl spokesman Ryan Patmintra said the senator is not backing down from his assertion, despite the White House’s denial.

“There were two people in that meeting, and Dan Pfieffer was not one of them,” Patmintra said. “Senator Kyl stands by his remarks, and the White House spokesman’s pushback that you must have comprehensive immigration reform to secure the border only confirms Senator Kyl’s account.”

Werbung:
and gipper is always wrong, so Obama wins...

Fact is Republicans have been crying secure the border....to the base...and then crying about how if the Dems try pass reform and secure the border, its playing politics for the Election

As always republicans want there cake and to eat it to.

Less government...then complain about lax enforcement by regulators when needed....call for less government...complain more about lax enforcement...

and gipper is always wrong, so Obama wins...

Fact is Republicans have been crying secure the border....to the base...and then crying about how if the Dems try pass reform and secure the border, its playing politics for the Election

As always republicans want there cake and to eat it to.

Less government...then complain about lax enforcement by regulators when needed....call for less government...complain more about lax enforcement...

#1. Less government doesn't have to mean less security on the border.
#2. I think American's as a whole want the bordered secured first, and then lets start figuring out how to get rid of the illegals that are here. The first priority has to be to stop the bleeding.
#3. The Democrats have made no bones about wanting to expand their voting base, and yes I agree that Democrats and RINO's do use this to play politics.
#4. I guess time will tell on who is lying, but given the format I could honestly see those words coming out of El Presidente's mouth.....however as I said, time will tell!
#5. Please expound on your "Republicans want their cake and eat it too" comment, I'm not sure I understand what your getting at.

#1. Less government doesn't have to mean less security on the border.
#2. I think American's as a whole want the bordered secured first, and then lets start figuring out how to get rid of the illegals that are here. The first priority has to be to stop the bleeding.
#3. The Democrats have made no bones about wanting to expand their voting base, and yes I agree that Democrats and RINO's do use this to play politics.
#4. I guess time will tell on who is lying, but given the format I could honestly see those words coming out of El Presidente's mouth.....however as I said, time will tell!
#5. Please expound on your "Republicans want their cake and eat it too" comment, I'm not sure I understand what your getting at.

Its Simple, Republicans want to yell and scream about Immigration...but they don't actuly want to have to do anything to fix it...They want to keep playing it up to there base, but are scared to do it and anger Hispanic voters they need...So they yell...but say, but lets do it after the Election...

Its Simple, Republicans want to yell and scream about Immigration...but they don't actuly want to have to do anything to fix it...They want to keep playing it up to there base, but are scared to do it and anger Hispanic voters they need...So they yell...but say, but lets do it after the Election...

The only ones doing anything about the illegal immigration problem are Republicans at state and local levels. Screw the RINO's I could care less about John McCain style republicans. For that matter John Kyle supported Immigration reform with McCain during the Bush administration. I don't really consider either of these true Republicans, but more like moderates that wanna waffle on the fence on some issues, because they are to afraid to make a stand one way or the other. I'm not gonna lump all Republicans together just like I'm not gonna lump all Democrats together. However, making the ones that are here legal, and then doing something about border security is backwards in my book. Thats like turning the water back on before you fix the leaky pipe.

Werbung:

What planet are you on pockets?

Rs yell about immigration and the border. They do this to play to their base....????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really? Who? W, McCant, and many other Rs were both open borders fools like you and the Ds. The difference between the parties on the border is just now becoming evident. But, prior to BO's ascension to the thrown, there was little difference. The Rs finally realize a majority of Americans are demanding the border be controlled and illegal immigration stopped. Unlike you, who wants chaos so the republic falls.

Once again your opinion is completely discredited.

Back