Dem Death Wish

Gipper

Democrats have a political death wish. At least that's how it looks. There's no other explanation for their feverish push to take over the health care system when a huge majority of Americans are opposed to the plan. But facing an angry public, Democrats are scheming to find ways to manipulate the electoral process so they can cling to power even when voters want to kick the bums out.

Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, and Rep. Barney Frank, Massachusetts Democrat, have plans to ram through legislation that will produce universal voter registration. No matter what they claim, the rule changes will make it possible for illegal aliens to register to vote and for others to register multiple times.

The proposal is to register everyone on every welfare list, everyone getting unemployment insurance, everyone with a driver's license, everyone who has had run-ins with the legal system, everyone owning any property - basically everyone on every list the government keeps. People will be registered to vote whether or not they want to be registered. If individuals are on any public record, they will be automatically registered.

If Democrats have their way, it will be easier for Mexicans to vote in America than in their own country.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ewsletter_must-read-stories-today_top_stories

I say grant them their death wish!!! Death to the D-Party in 2010...Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem is, once they get this passed, how are REAL Americans going to vote the out? And, that is their plan...

Werbung:
I say grant them their death wish!!! Death to the D-Party in 2010...Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem is, once they get this passed, how are REAL Americans going to vote the out? And, that is their plan...

If they can not pass the horrible health care reform "tosses cookies" by Jan 19th, they wont be able to pass it at all if the right man wins in Mass!

Brown takes lead in MA

The Republican (and Tea Party-endorsed) candidate in the Massachusetts special Senate election had just taken the lead by a nose, according to a fresh poll released a scant three hours ago.

Public Policy Polling now reports that Massachusetts State Senator Scott Brown (R-Wrentham) now leads Attorney General Martha Coakley (D) by a single percentage point, 48-47. Given the typical margin-of-error of polling, this translates to a statistical tie. Yet it also represents a stunning reversal-of-fortune for Democrats in Massachusetts, and nationwide.

A Brown victory could change the balance of power in the Senate by providing a forty-first vote against cloture. It would also shame and vex the Democrats like no other single election--because the seat that Brown seeks is that once occupied by none other than the late Senator Edward M. Kennedy

http://www.examiner.com/x-28973-Essex-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m1d9-Brown-takes-lead-in-MA

Democrats worried about special Senate election

Democrats are plenty worried about the Massachusetts special Senate election on January 19--so worried that they are already talking about deliberately delaying certification of the election until well into February if State Senator Scott Brown (R-Wrentham) wins that election and thus inherits the seat held for decades by the late Senator Edward M. Kennedy.

The Boston Herald said yesterday that Governor Deval Patrick (D), Secretary of the Commonwealth William Gavin (D), and seat-warming Senator Paul Kirk (D-MA) all boasted of their ability and willingness to delay certification of the special election for as long as might be necessary, should Scott Brown win that election. This is not something that they would likely be talking about if they did not actually think that Brown has a chance of winning.

Earlier this week, Rasmussen Reports showed that Brown trailed his opponent, Attorney General Martha Coakley, by nine percent, far lower than the 26 percent by which President Barack Obama had carried the State in November of 2008. Furthermore, the "strong feelings" among the electorate look better for Brown: the strong-favorable/strong-unfavorable spread is 25-5 for Brown and 21-22 for Coakley. More striking still, the Associated Press reports that Brown has narrowed the gap between his campaign war chest and Coakley's.

Massachusetts Democrats have been worried about Brown since he won the Republican primary last December. The Boston Globe quotes Philip W. Johnston, former State chairman, as saying this of Brown:

He’s an attractive, articulate, moderate Republican who could tap into some of the unrest among voters....It would be a terrible mistake for Democrats to assume that this election is in the bag on Jan. 19. These are not normal times. There are treacherous winds blowing and Democratic candidates have to be aware of that.

When Johnston made that statement, he could have had no idea how prophetic his words about "treacherous winds blowing" would prove. On the day that the Rasmussen poll result was released, four Democrats nationwide quit their races, including Senator Chris Dodd from the neighboring State of Connecticut.

In addition to the good Rasmussen news, Brown picked up a key local endorsement from former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling. In a debate held Friday afternoon, Brown and Coakley traded markedly sharper barbs. Coakley seemed to make clear (a) where she stood on the matter of taxation (in favor of higher taxes), and (b) her increasing sense of desperation, if the scant excerpts mentioned by the Associated Press are any indicator.

Republicans everywhere have noticed the suddenly more-competitive nature of the race, and several of them, including New Jersey State Republican Chairman Jay Webber, have been asking rank-and-file members to support Brown however they can and emphasizing his increased chances of winning.

http://www.examiner.com/x-28973-Ess...mocrats-worried-about-special-Senate-election

ALL TOGETHER, NOW, with Sister Sarah's exit-from-politics theme-song!!!!!

budance.gif

"when a huge majority of Americans are opposed to the plan."~ Gipper
A huge majority of Americans are opposed to the plan because the GOP has compromised it too much away from single-payer or even a public option.

Voters remember the facts when reminded and behind the curtain. Look for that to happen as it is factually the GOP who has committed suicide. The GOP must just hate the internet..lol..

A huge majority of Americans are opposed to the plan because the GOP has compromised it too much away from single-payer or even a public option.

Voters remember the facts when reminded and behind the curtain. Look for that to happen as it is factually the GOP who has committed suicide. The GOP must just hate the internet..lol..

republicans have zero say

there are 60 senators and enough house members to over ride anything the republicans want. they are not even invited to the table to discuss how it should work.

its the moderate dems, the blue dogs that stand in the way of what you are wanting.

Yeah, except the fanfair was broadcasted over CSPAN and we all saw what ACTUALLY happened.

Nice try though. Sight of hand works sometimes but when it gets overused it has the opposite effect.

What?! With a super-majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, you blame the GOP for killing the public option? Moderate Democrats in both chambers killed the plan.

Polling shows GOP candidates destroying many democrats that have been in power for a long time. If the 2010 election took place this weekend, Democrats would potentially lose both chambers.

If "committing suicide" means polling much better, winning in off year elections, and shaping up to show very well in 2010, then as a party, everyone ought to "commit suicide."

Yeah, except the fanfair was broadcasted over CSPAN and we all saw what ACTUALLY happened.

Nice try though. Sight of hand works sometimes but when it gets overused it has the opposite effect.

Here is some of that "fan fair" you are talking about in the liberal Huffington Post:

"A coalition of Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee joined together Tuesday to defeat a public health insurance option.

Five Democrats joined with all the Republicans on the committee to reject an amendment by Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) in a 15-8 vote.

Three Democrats then joined the Republicans to defeat a second public-option proposal. By a vote of 13-10, the committee rejected an amendment by Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.)."

This is Democrats opposing the plan, not just Republicans.

1 hour was covered by cspan a while back.

What can the republicans do to stop the dems? The dems have the votes if they want to use it

What?! With a super-majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, you blame the GOP for killing the public option? Moderate Democrats in both chambers killed the plan.
Please!!!!

They pulled the Public Option, 'cause Republicans refused to vote, in-favor of The Bill, if the Public Option was in there!

I think you just earned yourself a "YOU LIE!"

:rolleyes:

Since we are going to pass it anyway your late endorsement isn't needed.:D

The Democrats are willing to take on major things to actually HELP the American people. I know I know compared to that lying rabble of an administration that was in office before it's a big change.

The American people won't forget how bad it was under Bush... believe me!

The American people won't forget how bad it was under Bush... believe me!
Republicans were (obviously) fans of over-spending....​

"Six years ago, "it was standard practice not to pay for things," said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah. "We were concerned about it, because it certainly added to the deficit, no question." His 2003 vote has been vindicated, Hatch said, because the prescription drug benefit "has done a lot of good."

Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, said those who see hypocrisy "can legitimately raise that issue." But he defended his positions in 2003 and now, saying the economy is in worse shape and Americans are more anxious.

"As far as I am concerned, any Republican who voted for the Medicare drug benefit has no right to criticize anything the Democrats have done in terms of adding to the national debt," said Bruce Bartlett, an official in the administrations of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. He made his comments in a Forbes article titled "Republican Deficit Hypocrisy."

Bartlett said the 2003 Medicare expansion was "a pure giveaway" that cost more than this year's Senate or House health bills will cost. More important, he said, "the drug benefit had no dedicated financing, no offsets and no revenue-raisers. One hundred percent of the cost simply added to the federal budget deficit."

....which would explain their ire over cutting deficit-spending.​

Please!!!!

They pulled the Public Option, 'cause Republicans refused to vote, in-favor of The Bill, if the Public Option was in there!

I think you just earned yourself a "YOU LIE!"

....Yes, Republicans did refuse to vote in favor of it, however, in case you have forgotten, so did many Democrats.

It is therefore a total fabrication to claim that the GOP killed the public option.

As for lying... please show me how I lied by saying Democrats voted against the public option. (Notice I provided a link showing them voting against it in the Senate) Back your statement up with some facts, or it is nothing more than yet another personal attack from you. I await your response.

Werbung:
....And, they've "limited" it to "NO!!!"

party-of-no-jsh021809dAPC.jpg

I can say no too, anyone with a brain would :)

Let me say it another way,

Republicans have no power in congress right now. Dems have all the power and all the say and there is nothing any republican can do to stop them if they ever wanted to pass anything.

Thankfully there are a few conservative dems with brains in congress :)

Back