Citizen Murdoch

"Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V) has called for a U.S. investigation into News Corp. in the wake of the News of the World hacking scandal in the UK.

Rockefeller said that U.S. agencies should investigate whether the company broke any U.S. laws and whether any Americans have had their privacy violated.

In a statement, Rockefeller said reports that journalists asked an investigator to hack into the voicemails of victims of the Sept.11 attacks are of particular concern to him.

“I am concerned that the admitted phone hacking in London by the News Corp. may have extended to 9/11 victims or other Americans. If they did, the consequences will be severe,”
he said in a statement."

woohoo.gif

Werbung:
Gosh, you got some facts to back up your assertions?

Have you been following Murdoch's troubles in Britain? Its looking like he may be losing more than one newspaper. His normal retaliation of printing faked and false information about those who attack his newspapers looks like it is not going to work anymore.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/11/three-murdoch-papers-reportedly-targeted-gordon-brown/

If your response is "everyone does it" then please back it up. Everyone doesn't do it.

I love it. You ask me for "some facts" to "back up" my "assertions", while at the same time you back up your "assertions" with a link to a New York Times BLOG.

I don't care if people are "proud leftists" or "proud conservatives". What really causes me to go ballistic are people who are INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST and people who practice HYPOCRISY like it is an art form.

There is no such thing as an HONEST partisan hack. ANYBODY, left or right, who blindly defends their political "leaders" at all costs, and does not have the ability to be objective, should never be taken seriously.

Openmind may be a closet leftist claiming to be an "independent", but at least she has the ability to be intellectually honest (sometimes), and she can also be objective in her opinions.

Some people in here simply are not capable of an objective thought.

I love it. You ask me for "some facts" to "back up" my "assertions", while at the same time you back up your "assertions" with a link to a New York Times BLOG.

I don't care if people are "proud leftists" or "proud conservatives". What really causes me to go ballistic are people who are INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST and people who practice HYPOCRISY like it is an art form.

There is no such thing as an HONEST partisan hack. ANYBODY, left or right, who blindly defends their political "leaders" at all costs, and does not have the ability to be objective, should never be taken seriously.

Openmind may be a closet leftist claiming to be an "independent", but at least she has the ability to be intellectually honest (sometimes), and she can also be objective in her opinions.

Some people in here simply are not capable of an objective thought.

So the New York Times is not an an acceptable link? Yes, I know it is a blog, but the blog does have the links, and the story is tied together well.

lol

Your only response is to throw about negative comments? No facts? Just spew?

The name "Truthseeker" says to me that you intend to seek the truth. OK. Seek it. Look beyond yourself.

It is the ultimate goal of the leftists to squash all dissenting opinions, destroy all journalistic outlets who don't adhere to leftist ideals, and ensure that only THEIR beliefs and opinions are disseminated amongst the general population.

This is the leftist definition of "fair and balanced".
It's always so entertaining...for ME...to smack-you-around with The FACTS!

MsnSlap5.gif

woohoo.gif

"One of the few values Rupert Murdoch and I share is the importance of a free press.

I’m sure we would both agree that it is an unimpeachable right, especially in a day and age when few pure freedoms still exist in this country. We recognize that, if we lose free expression in the media, we will have lost everything. And, perhaps most important, we understand that in the quest to protect this freedom, boundaries must be pushed.

The way in which we push those boundaries, however, is where we differ. I test limits by publishing controversial material and paying people who are willing to step forward and expose political hypocrisy.

Murdoch’s minions, on the other hand, pushed limits by allegedly engaging in unethical or criminal activity: phone hacking, bribery, coercing criminal behavior and betraying the trust of their readership. If News Corp.’s reported wrongdoings are true, what Murdoch’s company has been up to does not just brush against boundaries — it blows right past them."

There does seem to be a fair amount of evidence to support that idea. Odd that leftists and liberals are so much alike and that the word liberal comes from the idea that people should have freedoms.
To be MORE specific:

Liberalism

a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity

b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard

c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class)​

Yes, I think this is a stretch.
However, Glenn Beck's attempt to "seduce" the British viewers as he had the American viewers met with total disregard and a little bit of disgust!
....ONLY eclipsed by the ass-whuppin' Michael Savage GOT!!!!

529.gif

"Speaking of nut, this was the best quote of the day from Labor Party member Lord Preston:

"I was under the impression that this was part of the government's policy of protecting British jobs for British workers. We produce enough nutcases in this country without needing to import any from the United States."

And CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Media Matters, the dozens of George Soros financed organizations, and the overwhelming majority of all other "mainstream" media outlets drive the agenda for you leftists.

You made my point for me, "ProudLefty". You leftists want to squash and silence any and all dissenting opinions, and Fox News is your favorite target simply because they expose the lies and hypocrisy of the left.

Fox News is your favorite target simply because they expose the lies and hypocrisy of the left.

Why do you continually try to analyze the mind of the left when you don't understand it at all.

Fox News is a favorite target simply because they shade the news and exhibit hypocrisy. Look at Jon Stewart's Daily Show. He often shows news clips collected from Fox demonstrating the hypocrisy of Fox.

Why do you continually try to analyze the mind of the left when you don't understand it at all.

Fox News is a favorite target simply because they shade the news and exhibit hypocrisy. Look at Jon Stewart's Daily Show. He often shows news clips collected from Fox demonstrating the hypocrisy of Fox.
....Like their half-assed effort to convince "conservatives" (or, at least....launch the talking-point) that Jon Stewart was a Racist.

handjob.gif

Well the LAPD Wiretap phones,, Gerorge Bush wiretapped phones. So whats the hype?

HUHHH. . . I'm not in favor of wiretapping anyone, by anyone.

However, It seems that there is a huge difference between a supposedly "NEWS" organization interfering with private citizens' privacy, and the law!

I'm just so anxious to see that rotten to the core Murdoch testify in England. . .and he can't tell ANYONE what questions to ask him, and decide what he will agree to answer or not. . .and he won't have any of his "talking mouths" spin his words. . .at least not until Fox News gets a hold of it!!!

Nice little side show!

Right on cue, the first body. England has been a police state for centuries.

"...Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbusiness reporter who was the first named journalist to allege that Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead .

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, was said to have been found at his Watford home.

Hertfordshire police would not confirm his identity, but said in a statement: "At 10.40am today [Monday 18 July] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for the welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

There was an unexplained delay in the arrival of forensics officers at the scene.

more at http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/18/news-of-the-world-sean-hoare

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
During the (potential) collapse o' FAUX Noise, maybe, NOW, someone will deal with....

SEAN HANNITY'S $CAM!!!!

Back