Chinese Scientists Invent Lightbulbs That Emit Wi-Fi

Werbung:
We already have this technology .... the problem is, it is so much more expensive ... it is not practical!
I just bought one for 14 bucks. The up-front cost is high, but it only burns about 13 watts to get an incandescent equivalent of 60W. It's savings is in both longevity and electricity costs. Since it is on 8 hours a day, it will pay for itself in the first 11 months in electricity costs. However, LED is not a good option for lights that are only occasionally used.

The light the leds give off is creepy. And I also can't stand 60w. I want 100w.

The light the leds give off is creepy. And I also can't stand 60w. I want 100w.

They do still sell the old style light bulbs, don't they? I've heard rumors of a ban, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the incandescent bulbs being sold in Home Depot.

They do still sell the old style light bulbs, don't they? I've heard rumors of a ban, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the incandescent bulbs being sold in Home Depot.
I believe the government will eliminate the 100w bulb first, then lesser watt bulbs over time. I am not sure when or if that has already come to pass.

Prolly not as easy as you guess.
No, it's easy. I worked with LEDs since they were invented. The bulbs use blue LEDs. Some blue is absorbed by a phosphor and re-emitted as green and red. A simple change of phosphors would give different color warmths. They do that in fluorescent bulbs so it is just as easy in LEDs.

Old yellowed lamp shades help to tone them down.

I'm quite annoyed by the light. Even in flash lights. I would rather burn candles than use a led light.

Werbung:
Back