Are we looking at $5 gas this year?

dogtowner

Staff member
some think it could happen if Iran attempts to disrupt the Straits

and all because we wouldn't just address Iran's nuclear threat seriously when it was simpler.

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Five dollars a gallon for gas? Analysts say it could happen this year. Monique Griego has more on why gas prices could soon explode.

Just this weekend, the president signed new sanctions against the country of Iran. Now, Iran is firing back with a threat that could send gas prices higher than ever.

Prices at the pump already have drivers in pain.

“I can barely afford it now,” said one driver.

“Three dollars a gallon…I mean, five dollars gets you what, a gallon and a half?” said another.

But if Iran follows through on a threat to shut down one of the world’s most important oil routes, analysts say prices here could skyrocket by summer.

“If it gets to $5, that would be hurting the pockets very bad,” said Paul Rozanski, Severna Park.

Werbung:
Obama will Lose re-election if i ever goes $5 a Gallon..Remember Jimmy Carter when we had the Gas crises. Oil +Iran= Reagan President

Obama will Lose re-election if i ever goes $5 a Gallon..Remember Jimmy Carter when we had the Gas crises. Oil +Iran= Reagan President

it would hurt especially if it didnt drop right back down after the smackdown. actually it would be a lead pipe cinch.

I don't think Iran would first of all ever do that and secondly never be able to hold a blockade for more than a few days. There would probably be a short price spike but nothing lasting to long to really influence US gas prices.

well time will tell on whzt Iran is foolish enough to try but $5 is an attention getter even if its only a week.

Alright, but it is going to be 5$ someday anyways, or even 6$,7$,8$. There is not an unlimited supply of oil out there, inflation always works and at the same time most of the worlds oil is controlled by a cartell.

So just accept that gasoline will get more expensive anyways and buy a car that uses less or none.

clarkT, et al,

This is OK if you have a job and you are not one of the 13 Million without an income.

Alright, but it is going to be 5$ someday anyways, or even 6$,7$,8$. There is not an unlimited supply of oil out there, inflation always works and at the same time most of the worlds oil is controlled by a cartell.
So just accept that gasoline will get more expensive anyways and buy a car that uses less or none.​

(COMMENT)

This is a foreign policy failure and evidence of a lack of leadership of those 535 bums that walk the marble halls in Washington. If you're out of work, you can't buy a new car. This is foreign policy paid for on the backs of the Middle Class.

Somehow, Washington makes the case that they have to put sanctions in place for national security reasons. But the Persian Gulf is an Arab issue. If the Middle East and Persian Gulf states don't see Iran as a concern --- then neither should the US.

Just One Man's Opinion,
Most Respectfully,
R

So just accept that gasoline will get more expensive anyways and buy a car that uses less or none.

No Oil is Unlimited and Fuel efficent cars are evil! Drill Drill Drill. SUV SUV!

clarkT, et al,

This is OK if you have a job and you are not one of the 13 Million without an income.

(COMMENT)

This is a foreign policy failure and evidence of a lack of leadership of those 535 bums that walk the marble halls in Washington. If you're out of work, you can't buy a new car. This is foreign policy paid for on the backs of the Middle Class.

Somehow, Washington makes the case that they have to put sanctions in place for national security reasons. But the Persian Gulf is an Arab issue. If the Middle East and Persian Gulf states don't see Iran as a concern --- then neither should the US.

Just One Man's Opinion,
Most Respectfully,
R

actuly the UAE , Sauds, and others do see Iran as a major issue...The Sauds even practiced looking the other way if Israel needs its airspace to bomb them.

THC when are you going to take action against these comments by the Strawman?

You banned a member for doing this, but look the other way when Strawman does it. Why?

poor baby, did the mean truth threw sarcasm comment hurt you? Also funny I don't recall a THC on this board...your not trying to use a insulting name for someone are you while crying about banning people? thats just sad...good luck...

poor baby, did the mean truth threw sarcasm comment hurt you? Also funny I don't recall a THC on this board...your not trying to use a insulting name for someone are you while crying about banning people? thats just sad...good luck...

I do not want you banned. I do want you to stop with your silly snarky illogical hard left one line troll posts.

Werbung:
Back