2008 Shooting in Knoxville

Werbung:
I think the nature of this guy's object of disaffection made no difference. He was nuts and it was the crazy pulling the trigger. He could gave been upset about people who go to concerts or eat broccoli or wear brown clothing.

In any society, there are bound to be moderates, hardliners and extremists. Politicians fall in the former two categories. Their audiences are well represented in all the three categories with extremists constituting a tiny but dangerous minority. It is not hard to imagine a crank in this setup having been impregnated with such rhetoric deciding to put paid to his imaginary foes commando style.

In any society, there are bound to be moderates, hardliners and extremists. Politicians fall in the former two categories. Their audiences are well represented in all the three categories with extremists constituting a tiny but dangerous minority. It is not hard to imagine a crank in this setup having been impregnated with such rhetoric deciding to put paid to his imaginary foes commando style.
If there were no such thing as right and wrong you might have a point. Crazy ignores right and wrong.
It's why so many people who cut me off on the freeway are still alive. It's wrong for me to kill them so I grumble and move on.

I lived in Knoxville when this happened. Let me say that I spent many of my formative years in fear of being shot by a conservative gun-nut because of my liberal beliefs. I fled the south when I could and I rarely go back.

Werbung:
I lived in Knoxville when this happened. Let me say that I spent many of my formative years in fear of being shot by a conservative gun-nut because of my liberal beliefs. I fled the south when I could and I rarely go back.

Definitely the hateful, racist, and homophobic views have gotten out of hand. The conservative opposition cannot take a joke without insulting your mother, and you can't have a civil discussion with them without it becoming personal. In my view, it's not democracy.

However, we have to note the leftist opposition can be just as hateful in their own way. The foreign ones especially hate conservative or independent minded US citizens.

Last edited:
Back