Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

https://www.google.ca/search?source....64.psy-ab..0.10.1037...0i131k1.0.nCgTyqsYAOA

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Most governments and countries have fraud laws of some kinds. They generally interfere with religious fraudsters only when physical harm is being done to our gullible citizens yet ignore the monetary theft that the fraudsters fleece from their victims. Prosperity ministries are the most flagrant of these immoral religions, but all religions based on demonstrable lies would be included in this question.

Our governments are quite good at acting against obvious fraudsters yet seem reluctant to protect our more gullible citizens when it comes down to religions.

Religions, to me, get a free pass to lie and steal all they can from victims, especially the older citizens even when governments know about the fraud.

I begin to see the inaction of governments on these religious fraudsters as a dereliction of duty.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Who do you trust to decide whether a given religion is fraudulent or not? Many people believe that all religions are fraudulent.

Who do you trust to decide whether a given religion is fraudulent or not? Many people believe that all religions are fraudulent.

Do you not trust the judgement of your fellow citizens to know good from evil?

It is easy to tell when a society profits or not. Is Inquisitions and Jihads good or evil?

Your justice and governments have much expertise in judging good from evil.

If not, the intelligential and oligarchs who run the real world from within the masses will soon buy a new reality.

Regards
DL

1 Do you not trust the judgement of your fellow citizens to know good from evil?

2 It is easy to tell when a society profits or not. Is Inquisitions and Jihads good or evil?

3 Your justice and governments have much expertise in judging good from evil.

4 If not, the intelligential and oligarchs who run the real world from within the masses will soon buy a new reality.

Regards
DL

1 No, I don't. They get fooled by all sorts of frauds.
2 Who gets to decide whether society profits or not?
3 You have far more faith in government than I do.
4. I have no idea what that means.

The question is: Do you trust the government to decide which religions are fraudulent? I don't, but I do trust the First Amendment and would like to see it followed.

I consider Scientology a fraudulent religion. It's a cult. They infiltrated the IRS and pressured them to give them a tax free status. They believe peoples minds are occupied by aliens forced by Xemu, tyrant ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy".
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu
The government should rescind their tax status.

I consider Scientology a fraudulent religion. It's a cult. They infiltrated the IRS and pressured them to give them a tax free status. They believe peoples minds are occupied by aliens forced by Xemu, tyrant ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy".
I tend to agree that it's a fraudulent religion, but neither you nor I have the authority to make that decision for society at large. We can make that decision for ourselves, and we have by not joining them, but we have no authority to make that decision for everyone.

Scientology and Jehovah's Witnesses are banned by Russia's Supreme Court. Russia is getting it right on prohibiting fraudulent religions that are making money by deceiving innocent people. Japan still cannot ban Aum Shinrikyo, a doomsday cult that carried out the deadly Tokyo subway sarin attack in 1995.

I tend to agree that it's a fraudulent religion, but neither you nor I have the authority to make that decision for society at large. We can make that decision for ourselves, and we have by not joining them, but we have no authority to make that decision for everyone.
Of course, but I still think they should lose their tax free status.

Scientology and Jehovah's Witnesses are banned by Russia's Supreme Court. Russia is getting it right on prohibiting fraudulent religions that are making money by deceiving innocent people. Japan still cannot ban Aum Shinrikyo, a doomsday cult that carried out the deadly Tokyo subway sarin attack in 1995.
I think Germany banned Scientology too. Different countries have different criteria for what is fraudulent.

Russia is not big on democracy and individual liberty.

1 No, I don't. They get fooled by all sorts of frauds.
2 Who gets to decide whether society profits or not?
3 You have far more faith in government than I do.
4. I have no idea what that means.

The question is: Do you trust the government to decide which religions are fraudulent? I don't, but I do trust the First Amendment and would like to see it followed.

The governments already rule on other frauds and I see no reason why they cannot rule over religions.

Why would you want to give religions more freedom to do fraud than the rest of us?

Regards
DL

Mormonism is just as silly and so are all the supernatural and fantasy based religions.

Good of you to show one of the worst offenders as governments ignore their physical abuse of their adherents as well as the frau aspect.

Regards
DL

Correct. You do not but your fraud squad does yet if is allowing the open fraud of your fellow citizens.

Regards
DL

Werbung:

Thanks for this information.

Strange that Russia is showing the West what good rule is all about on the subject at hand.

Regards
DL

Back