Lets talk guns

the annoying thing

First think I will bring up is something I saw on line . It was a liberal who knew nothing about guns.
He could not understand why some gun owners have so many guns .

I will use myself as a example . .
I was given my first gun when I was a kid 5 or 6 years old a ancient .28 gauge youth shotgun I used it mainly to to shoot quail and rabbits
Next I got a .22 which I used it for target shooting and small game .
Next When I was a teen I got a .444 marlin lever gun . for deer hunting and pig hunting and bear later in life. and as mu hunting different game I acquired different guns . I inherited guns also from my grandfather.

many people hunt and there are
Approximately 25.87 million Americans aged six and older participate in some type of hunting activity, which accounts for about 8.4 percent of the US population12. A recent report by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service indicates that 6% of the U.S. population hunts, contributing $45.2 billion to the economy in 2022

Each type of hunting may require multiple guns . Lets say large game deer and up . you can by a lightweight small bore say a 243 for deer but its not going to be the best choice for elk or bison . same with shotguns.
At any rate at one time I had about 35 guns all for hunting . Many were single barrel shot guns my grandfather collected Winchester single barrel shot guns,
Then you get in target guns which come in a shapes and calibers so your going to have some .22 and centerfire target guns which are a real specialty.
Then you have guns for self defense. Also everyone's needs vary. some people collect guns also from muzzle loaders to ?

I myself have sold of or given away many of my guns .I no longer teach shooting at the university. I retired and had health issue. I am a firm believer in shooting my guns . And not they were not getting shot as near as much and my hunting days are about over as far as any game that need tracked and in mountains .
So I started to sell them and trade them.

Werbung:
Back