Israel has captured the Rafah border with Egypt and the only crossing site

Gabriel_Bell

The Israelis have captured the entire Gaza/Egypt border and have closed down the only entry point. What this looks like is a plan to drive the Palestinians out of Gaza.

For several years, Netanyahu was happy to let Hamas do whatever it wanted in Gaza, because Hamas, like Netanyahu, wanted nothing to do with a two state solution. He looked the other way when Hamas looted aid shipments to build all those tunnels. Tons of cement was bought and imported and used by Hamas to build tunnels and other structures. And every so often, the IDF would raid Gaza and kill a hundred Palestinians or so in what was called "mowing the lawn".

But Netanyahu FAILED to protect the settlements in Israel along the Gaza border and Oct 7th occurred. So now it looks like Netanyahu's plan is to make Gaza unliveable. Prevent the entry of food, medicine and water, destroy the hospitals, schools and water treatment plants, and force the Gazans to move constantly away from new bombing targets. I imagine most Gazans would prefer to leave Gaza and flee for their lives.

I do not know what Netanyahu's plans are but he has not said anything about who or what will administer Gaza when this is over. And he predicts seven more months of fighting.

I have heard that over 500,000 Israelis have fled Israel since Oct 7th, and over 200,000 Israelis have been internally displaced because of constant attacks of Hezbollah in the north of Israel. There are many thousands of Israeli/US dual citizens that possibly might flee Israel because of disruptions caused by the war.

Will Israel simply drive the Gazans out of Gaza, and across the border into Egypt?

Werbung:
So... what should Netanyahu do? Can he stay in office for the next seven months of war? And what will happen to the people of Gaza.

Israel has lost whatever reputation it had as a decent country because it has killed so many innocent people.

Back