Zimbabwe Government About to Make Food Shortages Even Worse

Truth-Bringer

Zimbabwe Government About to Make Food Shortages Even Worse

"Mugabe has turned the whole country into criminals by running down the economy to the point where the vast majority of businesses and individuals source their foreign currency requirements on the black market, more politely known as the parallel market."

Rest of Article Here

The more power given to government, the worse things become... I would love to ship every collectivist in the U.S. to Zimbabwe and let them experience the joys of central planning first hand.

Werbung:
This is Africa for you, a place becoming ever increasingly lawless. It needs far more help than the Middle East.

The Middle East may have a lack of democracy, but thats not as bad as whats going on in Africa. A war against terrorism should be well behind a war on poverty when it comes to priorities, but we all know that the motives behind governments are not just based on morality.

This is Africa for you, a place becoming ever increasingly lawless. It needs far more help than the Middle East.

The Middle East may have a lack of democracy, but thats not as bad as whats going on in Africa. A war against terrorism should be well behind a war on poverty when it comes to priorities, but we all know that the motives behind governments are not just based on morality.

I understand what your saying Sublime. I guess I am a fence sitter when it comes to Africa. Does it actually need and want more help, or does it need to be left alone to its own devices?
I dont like the idea of famine and civil war etc. All of the reasonable ideas have been tried, its time to think outside the box.

I understand what your saying Sublime. I guess I am a fence sitter when it comes to Africa. Does it actually need and want more help, or does it need to be left alone to its own devices?
I dont like the idea of famine and civil war etc. All of the reasonable ideas have been tried, its time to think outside the box.

Africa could really benefit from real outside help. Charity donations are in good will and faith I know, but they only go straight into the pockets of the corrupt, and corruption is very much rooted in everything in Africa. Charity is doing very little.

My father was born and grew up in Kenya, and he says that 40 years ago it was a beautiful place to live and he never really felt it was very dangerous. Now he says that if you have your hand out the car window, you can get it chopped off with a machete in the capital just for the watch on your wrist in Narobi.

Africa could really benefit from real outside help. Charity donations are in good will and faith I know, but they only go straight into the pockets of the corrupt, and corruption is very much rooted in everything in Africa. Charity is doing very little.

My father was born and grew up in Kenya, and he says that 40 years ago it was a beautiful place to live and he never really felt it was very dangerous. Now he says that if you have your hand out the car window, you can get it chopped off with a machete in the capital just for the watch on your wrist in Narobi.

I dont doubt what you say. Conditions there are the worst on Earth. Its amazing, one of the wealthest continents in resource wealth and they are among the poorest. Something isnt adding up there to me.

It is obvious with all the efforts that have been launched there, that something isnt working. I dont have a good answer. I just wonder if more more and more help will actually adress the problems.

One thing is for sure,Africa got the short end of it with imperialism. A place with such beauty and resources and they cant manage to break away from western influence and prosper on thier own.

One thing is for sure,Africa got the short end of it with imperialism. A place with such beauty and resources and they cant manage to break away from western influence and prosper on thier own.

It is because of imperialism, the colonies posessed by European countries, and the lasting consequences of that. Treaties, trade agreements etc. have basically stayed in place since the colonial era, and so the Africans continue to be ripped off in every deal because the deal itself is very selfish on the richer, western country purchasing the raw materials.

But whenever a half decent deal comes through the system, it goes straight into the pockets of the inherently corrupted government officials.

The western governments of Europe and America need to stop being so selfish and maybe stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on shiny new missiles and planes and start paying a bit more to Africa.

And at the same time, the corruption needs to be rooted out, country by country, and be destroyed, so the money goes to the people and the countries can develop and stop being controlled and destroyed from the outside and the inside economically and socially.

I don't know how, I'm not a politician, an aid worker or in possesion of an economics Phd. But people out there are, and I just wish they could get together and sort it all out. But its not going to happen is it...

Sublime,
I only ask as a brainstorm and merely to generate discussion. But much of the harm seems to be intensified by western existence. I am just begining to wonder if it might be wise for the outside influences to take a large step back and leave it to the locals to figure it out.

I don't think that is a good idea, because of how deep the corruption is. Look at leaders like Mugabe. He is very rich, and his people are incredibly poor, but he still evicts them and burns their villages.

They cannot sort this mess out.

I don't think that is a good idea, because of how deep the corruption is. Look at leaders like Mugabe. He is very rich, and his people are incredibly poor, but he still evicts them and burns their villages.

They cannot sort this mess out.

I wont disagree. I will say this. I would rather fix things than keep doing the same thing over and over.
Wouldnt it be better to patch the hole in the roof, rather than keep dumping the drip bucket?

I am not suggesting you fix it, but I just get frustrated when the situation is messed up beyond repair and we keep doing the same things over and over.

Werbung:
Yeah, thats what I'm saying.

Charity isn't doing anything. Its a shame, because its in good faith from the people who dontate, and foreign aid from governments is very much in the same cateogry.

We need to root out the corruption and destory it, then give the people a fairer deal to ensure the future is brighter.

Back