Your tax dollars down the crapper again

dogtowner

Staff member
read

has the government gotten it right even once since the seized control of the flus shot business ? quality control issues one year, wrong guesses on which flue its going to be most of the time. and now a pandemic that they just couldnt get to happen.

and Obama wants these idiots in charge of ALL healthcare ?

heaven help us...

After months of fear, media coverage and government warnings there wasn't as much demand for the swine flu vaccine in New York state as expected.

Truckloads of swine flu vaccines are being returned by counties that say the expected demand for the shots never happened.
When the state's H1N1 vaccination program kicked off in the fall there were fears that there wouldn't be enough of the new vaccine to go around.

The flu strain has not spread as wide as feared and some people were also unsure of pumping a quickly developed vaccine into their bodies.

On January 1, state health officials urged people who haven't been vaccinated to get a shot.

Werbung:
You do know that Rumsfeld is the head of Gilead? That sorta makes the swine flu a driver of Rumsfeld's profits. You know, Capitalism at its finest. We can all work for that. Good going, dog. We want to embellish rumsfeld. And you are a participant. How do you feel? Are you Rumsfeld's *****? Do you dress in panties and bra? He would like that. He wants you to be a *****. Are you?

I love it when people use the fact that preparations where done to prevent something, and when it does not happen, they say see we did not need to do it!

Have a 6 ft wall on the river and they say floods may hit 9 fee. so you make wall 10 feet...river hits 9 feet and you cry...see nothing went over, we did not need to worry ( forgetting that in fact it would have had you not done something about it.

Clipped from your own article: On January 1, state health officials urged people who haven't been vaccinated to get a shot.
"When it's in a shortage, everyone clamors for it," said Dr. Richard Daines, commissioner of the state Department of Health. "Now that it's abundant, people don't think they need to fight for it."
New York is among 11 states that has widespread flu outbreaks. Daines says another wave of flu could hit the state.
The swine flu first turned up in New York last April at St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens.

Knee jerk reactions from the local agencies/schools/hospitals/administration over LTC facilities made for larger then expected orders being processed...now round 2 of the H1N1 seems to be picking up some speed and these same countries want to unload their excess so that other areas have more shots available for them...;)
WHATS YOUR PROBLEM WITH THAT...Oh, I forgot, you heard it on FOX NEWS so it's got to be the TRUTH...LMAO

Many of my area elderly/young sickly people on the 'need to have list' never received their shot...it is just now becoming available in my area! So what's your beef with the private companies that manufacture these vaccines :confused:
What tax dollars of yours were spent on: labs/testing/manufacturing for that shot?

You do know that Rumsfeld is the head of Gilead? That sorta makes the swine flu a driver of Rumsfeld's profits. You know, Capitalism at its finest. We can all work for that. Good going, dog. We want to embellish rumsfeld. And you are a participant. How do you feel? Are you Rumsfeld's *****? Do you dress in panties and bra? He would like that. He wants you to be a *****. Are you?

TOUCHDOWN mogur!

We've had shortages here, and still do as far as I know.

We should leave it strictly to market forces to decide how much vaccine is needed. We all know that the market never, ever, produces shortages or an oversupply of anything, right?

I wonder how much the nonsense being spread about regarding the dangers of the vaccine might have had to do with the oversupply, and how many people will get sick as a result of listening to irrational fears?

Werbung:
read

has the government gotten it right even once since the seized control of the flus shot business ? quality control issues one year, wrong guesses on which flue its going to be most of the time. and now a pandemic that they just couldnt get to happen.

and Obama wants these idiots in charge of ALL healthcare ?

heaven help us...

I am trying to understand what it is you are upset about. I really am, but I just can't wrap my head around your thought process. About 20,000 Americans die each year from the common flu. You're a person who thinks terrorism is a threat, no? In the last decade, about 3,000 American civilians have been killed by domestic terrorist attacks, while 200,000 have been killed by the flu ... almost 100 times more people. Last year, a potentially much more lethal strain of flu appeared that scientists thought had the potential to kill *far more* people than the conventional flu. Millions of people might have died from it. We know this has happened in the past, and it might have happened again this time. So we made lots of vaccines that could have saved millions of lives in the worst case for a fraction of the cost of the wars we are fighting to save thousands of lives from terrorism. This sounds like a perfect example of the government doing something right to me, but you are calling this a bad thing? I really don't get it.

Back