Your freedoms are going away as you read this

Loosing your freedoms

• It is worth it to sacrifice freedoms because of what we will gain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
repubicans, cry when the pres lies to start a war...but god help us is the people who are US Citizens had health care!

What!!!!!!!!!! This is news to me!!!!!!!!! GEORGE BUSH LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!!!!!!!!:eek:

They're right... that was a lot better than affordable healthcare for all.:eek:

Werbung:
"the House of Representatives voted by a five vote margin to have the federal government manage the health care of every American"

That claim is a lie. Congress did not vote to have the federal government manage the health care of every American. It's a lie, a really stupid lie, but still a lie.

Whose health care will the gov not be involved in managing?

Your spin is not the facts of the case though. Richard Savage actually hit the proper note.

This whole "lose your freedom" because there's some type of National Healthcare... is the worst kind of fearmongering. There are hundreds of individual things probably thousands that we spend money on that aren't anywhere close to as much in need as a National Healthcare System.

I agree, we blow money on a lot of worthless stuff.

You can continue to mislead that people are just as well off going to an Emergency Room or that that's less expensive to all of us with insurance...

Well the CBO actually estimated that it would be less expensive, and that preventative care of everyone carries a much higher price tag than ER visits by those without insurance.... so careful when you say it is "misleading."

but it's not true. The first $1000 every insured person pays every year goes to indigent care. And it's not a good and 36 million American citizens, families, are still left without the security of health insurance and ready at any moment to lose EVERYTHING even their home to medical bills.

Your type of "freedom" is the aged and infirm living in shanty slums(Hoovervilles) or under bridges acting as beggers all across this country and little children constantly hungry moving from shelter to shelter. This was the great America "freedom" you speak of before Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps and the like.

Social Security is in the toilet and gives you an average of a 1% return, less than inflation, Medicare is going bankrupt without reform, etc etc. What kind of "freedom" is that? The freedom to drag down the whole country?

Same obstrutionist Republican whine just a different time with affordable health insurance for all.

Not in this country... not in AMERICA! We can do better than that. Full steam ahead for Health Insurance Reform!

Affordable because the government will pick up the tab...further, might want to take a look at who exactly is blocking this legislation.. its not only Republicans.

This whole "lose your freedom" because there's some type of National Healthcare... is the worst kind of fearmongering. There are hundreds of individual things probably thousands that we spend money on that aren't anywhere close to as much in need as a National Healthcare System.

I forgot to adequately respond to that.

I am sorry that you don't care about your neighbors freedoms as much as I do. But the freedom to own property is pretty basic. And owning property means one gets to decide where to spend it when that property is money. The gov will make it a law that everyone must buy insurance whether they want to or not whether they need it or not, and it will say exactly what kind of insurance it must be to boot.

Yes there are a lot of things we spend money on that we should not be spending money on. National healthcare when everyone already has healthcare would be another. There is not a single citizen in this country who does not have healthcare. Every single person either has insurance, can pay for care, or can be eligible for public aid in a heartbeat. And it is that eligibility for public aid that makes covering pre-existing condition coverage un-necessary too.

But any state in the union is welcome to make these laws all on its own without the help of the feds. Like NY did. Which is exactly why a typical number for the cost of insurance for a family of four in NY is about $39,000 per year.

I was reading about the new health care bill the other day and when I saw that those with so-called Cadillac policies (any policy that cost more than $21,000) would be paying a tax on those policies. I thought, "well anyone who would be paying that much for a health insurance policy must be really rich so this is just another tax on the rich" but little did I know that it is a tax on many in NY and would soon be a tax on many more all over the nation.

So in NY this kind of legislation has already driven up the cost of insurance. Welcome to higher cost for all.

Do you realize this FORUM , HOUSE of POLITICS- POLITICAL FORM,, is being CENSORED by radical leftist moderators. These "moderators" , delete Conservative opinion , they DELETE all post that challenge Obama and his administration and their radical policies. This FORUM is not allowing "FREE SPEECH" but instead censoring is common unless your a radical. SHAME! , please investigate, eliminate the "moderators " who delete post that they do not agree with. This is not The New York Times , or The White House!
What say you? Mr . WEBMASTER

"Whose health care will the gov not be involved in managing?"

I haven't quite figured out if you're just intellectually challenged, or a really bad liar.

Who do you think regulates the health insurance industry now? Absent of government regulations it would far worse than now. The Ronald Reagan honor system for corporations was a dumb idea then, and remains so today.

The bill that will ultimately come out of the Senate will not "manage health care for every American". It's insurance. Geez, maybe you're both.

Do you realize this FORUM , HOUSE of POLITICS- POLITICAL FORM,, is being CENSORED by radical leftist moderators. These "moderators" , delete Conservative opinion , they DELETE all post that challenge Obama and his administration and their radical policies. This FORUM is not allowing "FREE SPEECH" but instead censoring is common unless your a radical. SHAME! , please investigate, eliminate the "moderators " who delete post that they do not agree with. This is not The New York Times , or The White House!
What say you? Mr . WEBMASTER

Can you provide any examples of threads where posts have been deleted?

I haven't quite figured out if you're just intellectually challenged, or a really bad liar.

Who do you think regulates the health insurance industry now? Absent of government regulations it would far worse than now. The Ronald Reagan honor system for corporations was a dumb idea then, and remains so today.

The bill that will ultimately come out of the Senate will not "manage health care for every American". It's insurance. Geez, maybe you're both.

I never said that I wanted NO regulation of insurance. yes it is regulated and yes as a result we have limited freedoms.

But they will expand regulation so that the care of every single American is an example of a loss of freedom.

Right now there are people who do not have insurance by choice so they are not subject to any insurance regulation. Under this new bill they will be.

Lets go back and review:

You said "
That claim is a lie. Congress did not vote to have the federal government manage the health care of every American. It's a lie, a really stupid lie, but still a lie."

Yes congress did vote so that under the new legislation every single american will have their health care managed by the US gov whereas right now not every single american has their care managed by the US gov.

Werbung:

Now the simple answer:

Whose care will not be managed under the new bill?

I bet you can't name a single example of a citizen that will not have their care managed in some way by the new bill? how about a hermit in a cave? The law says that he must have insurance or pay a fine. So he falls under the authority of the law. They will be managing his care (or in this case his very very limited care).

Back