Your Crazy DNC...

Ok, so Michigan and Florida's votes were not to be included in the primaries because they did not go by the rules. Please help me understand why the following processes occurred:

1. Why did people vote in those states when they knew their votes would not be included?
  2. Why did the news media cover those primaries as if they were valid like all the other state's primaries?
Sorry if I appear to be a nimno. It just doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

1 because the state party runs the Vote, and had it anyway. the National party said they would not count it, as it broke party rules. They can't stop the party from voting, but they don't have the count it. The state party could vote every Month if they wanted, they can do what ever they want as a state party. But it does not mean the National party has to agree with it if it violates the national party rules that the state parties agree to.

2. I am guessing you Watch Fox or maybe CNN, because MSNBC, and for what I did see of CNN, they never covered it like it was a real vote, they talked a lot about how it did not really count. And its 24 hour news, they have to talk about something. If they have a vote in Canada, they would most likely cover it, even if it was meaningless, just to fill air time.

Werbung:
Ok, so Michigan and Florida's votes were not to be included in the primaries because they did not go by the rules. Please help me understand why the following processes occurred:

[*]Why did people vote in those states when they knew their votes would not be included?

Maybe they thought the Democratic party was democratic, and wouldn't punish millions of democratic voters for what the state leaders did?

[*]Why did the news media cover those primaries as if they were valid like all the other state's primaries?

DID they cover them that way? I doubt it.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I remember them saying this was not supposed to count but I guess they ran it anyway just to let us know. Dang, as high as gas is, I wouldn't drive to vote if it wasn't (at the time) going to be counted. As you probably can tell, this is the first time I have really watched the primary process. The more I watch it, the crazier it gets. :)

This entire situation is a microcosm of how the Dems believe government should "impose" the will of the people.

An elite few who, as Harold Ickes stated, has spoken for 600,000 people and basically decided for them.

This is what the Dems have turned into: big government is the answer to all of your issues because we know how to live your life better than you. Just nod and smile and go along with our program... and this is what happened over the weekend.

This situation is EXACTLY what the Dems stand for, day-in and day-out.

This entire situation is a microcosm of how the Dems believe government should "impose" the will of the people.

An elite few who, as Harold Ickes stated, has spoken for 600,000 people and basically decided for them.

This is what the Dems have turned into: big government is the answer to all of your issues because we know how to live your life better than you. Just nod and smile and go along with our program... and this is what happened over the weekend.

This situation is EXACTLY what the Dems stand for, day-in and day-out.

I agree with you.

I also think they need to change the way they run the primaries. Currently it’s like the playground at a grade school. Lets not leave anyone out, little Johnny gets some too. Everybody is a winner.

If one of them wins a state, they win a state. The winner should not have to share.

Example is Texas. Even though Hillary won the state, Obama got more delegates because of those stupid caucuses that are just dumb. You don’t even have to be a voter to caucus, and a percent of the actual voting population can not caucus, People in the military, Elderly, single moms with kids in bed at 9pm.

And they need to get rid of those ridiculous super delegates. If all they are going to do is follow peer pressure then they are worthless. Just let the voters pick who they want. No weird caucuses, no weird super delegates, no weird lets share everything so little Johnny doesn’t feel left out.

Obama his happy he said with the results from Michigan. He was able to get every vote that was cast for him under uncommitted, and he was able to get all of Biden’s votes and he was able to get all of Richardson’s votes and he was able to get all of Edwards votes and then he reached over and snagged 4 of Hillary’s delegates. He is very pleased with himself, with the party and with the solution.

He said “This solution works, Michigan had to be punished for not abiding with the DNC rules”.
So……….his solution to punish Michigan is to snag every vote even the ones not intended for him and stealing 4 of Hillary’s delegates. I think that is so funny, even he admits he himself is a punishment.

Again we have to keep in mind the obvious WHOLE TRUTH. Michigan's vote was not valid. Everyone in the world was told by the official santioning body that it was not going to be valid. It was pulled completely off the table.

What really should have happened was there should have been no votes counted and no delegates awarded. That was the actual 100% correct thing to do.

But in the interest of Party unity the DNC went along with the Michigan State Democratic Party recommendation to not wipe the primary completely out or split it evenly... and they gave Clinton more than half.

Extremely fair... and it has since come out that they actually had the votes to just do the 50%-50% split had they wanted to.

What really should have happened was there should have been no votes counted and no delegates awarded. That was the actual 100% correct thing to do.

But NO, the DNC bowed to the sniveling "brat-like" voters. How immature for some Democrats to insinuate "If MY candidate does not win the Democratic nomination . . . I WILL VOTE FOR McCAIN!" Now, is that kindergarten or what?

I like how non-US citizens choose the Democraps candidate. Puerto Rico votes for Hillary is humorous to me. Imagine: Obama spends 20 years in 'God d**n America" church, and then while running for President, loses due to Non-Americans voting for his rival. That would have been classic.

My daughter and I just got through playing Rummy. She had the highest score and said "she" won. I said "No, I won because I had higher card values on the table even though they did not add up to as much as yours. I shall take this to the Rummy Board!" (this really happened)
sign-smiley-7041.gif

But NO, the DNC bowed to the sniveling "brat-like" voters. How immature for some Democrats to insinuate "If MY candidate does not win the Democratic nomination . . . I WILL VOTE FOR McCAIN!" Now, is that kindergarten or what?

The ones I have seen are more or less like me. It is not that I am mad he beat her fair and square and I just wont vote for him because I am mad. It is because I can not vote for that man for any reason. She would be the only possible choice.

Others expressed to me they didnt think he could win with his baggage.
others said it was their last chance to see a woman president in their life times.

The first reason is reasonable, the others idunno But I only really understand the first.

Werbung:
and the fact he did not beat her fair and square puts an added nail in his coffin for me, making it impossible to vote for him.

Fair and Square? the only one who has not won anything Fair and Square is Clinton. She is the one who wants the rules changed after the fact, because it may help her. Is if Fair to Change the rules when you don't like the outcome? Thats basicly what you are saying. I think you just don't just want reasons to Bash Obama, I don't think you even care about facts anymore.

Back