Yet ANOTHER Obama cabinet appointee with tax problems??? SecLabor Hilda Solis

Little-Acorn

As I recall, Obama required all his potential appointees to fill out a huge disclosure questionnaire.

Why did he make them do all that research and paperwork, if he plainly didn't intend to read them?

At this point, his box score for appointing "clean, ethical" people to his administration, is even lower than Al Gore's record for scheduling his lectures pounding us for Global Warming, on days with record cold temperatures, snow, ice storms, etc., that sometimes shut down the entire city he was lecturing in.

---------------------------------------

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/02/05/solis_senate_session_canceled.html?hpid=topnews

Solis Senate Session Postponed in Wake of Husband's Tax Lien Revelations

Updated 3:30 p.m.
By Michael A. Fletcher

A Senate committee today abruptly canceled a session to consider President Obama's nomination of Rep. Hilda Solis to be labor secretary in the wake of a report saying that her husband yesterday paid about $6,400 to settle tax liens against his business -- including liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.

The report, by USA Today, came just before the Senate's Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee was slated to meet to consider Solis's nomination, which had been delayed by questions over her role on the board of the pro-labor organization American Rights at Work. A source said that committee members did not learn about the tax issue until today.

"Today's executive session was postponed to allow members additional time to review the documentation submitted in support of Representative Solis's nomination to serve in the important position of Labor Secretary," read a joint statement issued by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.), the panel's chairman, and Mike Enzi (Wyoming), the committee's ranking Republican. "There are no holds on her nomination and members on both sides of the aisle remain committed to giving her nomination the fair and thorough consideration that she deserves. We will continue to work together to move this nomination forward as soon as possible."

No new date has been set for the hearing. The disclosure about Solis's husband comes after tax problems caused trouble for three of Obama's top appointees, leading two of them -- HHS-nominee Tom Daschle and Nancy Killefer, who was to be chief performance officer -- to withdraw.

Asked about the USA Today report at the White House daily briefing, press secretary Robert Gibbs emphasized that the nominee's tax returns are in order.

"Well, I read the story in USA Today, and it quotes somebody that works here, so obviously we've -- we know about this story.

Werbung:
Why did he make them do all that research and paperwork, if he plainly didn't intend to read them?

I believe he reads them and then thinks to himself, "Ah, the American people are so stupid, this one will pass through scrutiny.."

I mean come on, he throws up tax frauds for cabinet members, and 2 of them bow out only due to outside pressure and one just flew through. Obama was willing to still accept them with these tax problems in their past!!?!?!?!?

No wonder his approval rating has already dropped 15 points...

aria09020720090205102017.jpg

This is ridiculous!!! I guess this boils down to Obama's values....

He chooses people who the same like him....

Werbung:
This is ridiculous!!! I guess this boils down to Obama's values....

He chooses people who the same like him....

Remember the saying from the primaries?

When he claimed he had the judgment to lead.

Let’s hope he picks his cabinet better than he picked his pastor.......

Considering that thought…. Perhaps these guys are not as bad as his pastor???

Back