Yet Another McCain Adviser Lobbied for Freddy n Fanny

Shotgun314159

THE BEST LINE I READ IN DAYS....

_____
While Sen. John McCain was busy heaving boulders at Sen. Barack Obama last week for his campaign’s ties to Fannie Mae, he apparently neglected the fact that at least one of his homes is constructed of a fragile, silica-based material.
------

http://washingtonindependent.com/6874/another-mccain-adviser-lobbied-for-mortgage-industry

The lobbying firm of the man Republicans say John McCain has chosen to begin planning a presidential transition earned more than a quarter of a million dollars this year representing Freddie Mac, one of the companies McCain blames for the nation’s financial crisis.

Timmons & Co., whose founder and chairman emeritus is William Timmons Sr., was registered to lobby for Freddie Mac from 2000 through this month, when the federal government took over both Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

Newly available congressional records show Timmons’s firm received $260,000 this year before its lobbying activities were barred under terms of the government rescue of the failed mortgage giant. Timmons, 77, is listed as a lobbyist for Freddie Mac on the company’s midyear financial-disclosure form.

-----

facts are just that...

Werbung:
THE BEST LINE I READ IN DAYS....

_____
While Sen. John McCain was busy heaving boulders at Sen. Barack Obama last week for his campaign’s ties to Fannie Mae, he apparently neglected the fact that at least one of his homes is constructed of a fragile, silica-based material.
------

http://washingtonindependent.com/6874/another-mccain-adviser-lobbied-for-mortgage-industry

The lobbying firm of the man Republicans say John McCain has chosen to begin planning a presidential transition earned more than a quarter of a million dollars this year representing Freddie Mac, one of the companies McCain blames for the nation’s financial crisis.

Timmons & Co., whose founder and chairman emeritus is William Timmons Sr., was registered to lobby for Freddie Mac from 2000 through this month, when the federal government took over both Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

Newly available congressional records show Timmons’s firm received $260,000 this year before its lobbying activities were barred under terms of the government rescue of the failed mortgage giant. Timmons, 77, is listed as a lobbyist for Freddie Mac on the company’s midyear financial-disclosure form.

-----

facts are just that...

I don't get why everyone hates lobbyists so much. Pretty much everyone here has a connection to a lobbyist. Usually they are some of the most qualified people to do campaign work as well...

I say who cares.

Back