Wow! Corruption is Starting to Get Boring

Actually, I'm a little surprised at your willingness to ignore crime and malfeasance .... but then, that is a pretty consistent liberal idea ... the end justifies the means. Given conservatives' commitment to law and order, versus the progressive tendency toward abusing their position, rioting in the streets and a general hateful approach anything not to their advantage, I think your approach is pretty consistent.

As for me ... I know what I'm doing about it ... the question was what YOU were doing about it ... and you answered - nothing. It's only bad if it doesn't benefit you, right? Doesn't that make you an accessory to crime?

By the way ... the title of the thread ... no matter how you try to butcher it ... it was comment to the continuing exposure of corruption and crime by this administration. It makes no reference to previous administrations. But, a nice try .... I'll give you a C + ... a unique approach, but carries no gravitas.
I am likewise surprised that you initially were so cavalier about the crimes and malfeasance of Bush and Nixon. I am not trying to "divert" the thread as you might think, I'm just commenting on your attitude which is identical to what you are accusing me of.

I did not say that I would do nothing about it. The only thing I or any citizen can do is to vote. I asked you once, what you would do, but you diverted that question to me. If you think there can be more to be done I'm all ears.

You are thinking I'm an accessory to crime??? That is being pretty damn silly.

As far as the title of the thread, I cannot read your mind and assumed the only thing that made sense to me because I did not anticipate that you would have ignored the crimes and malfeasance of prior administrations (and be contrary to the responses from a poll of 238 presidential scholars.)

Werbung:
I am likewise surprised that you initially were so cavalier about the crimes and malfeasance of Bush and Nixon. I am not trying to "divert" the thread as you might think, I'm just commenting on your attitude which is identical to what you are accusing me of.

I did not say that I would do nothing about it. The only thing I or any citizen can do is to vote. I asked you once, what you would do, but you diverted that question to me. If you think there can be more to be done I'm all ears.

You are thinking I'm an accessory to crime??? That is being pretty damn silly.

As far as the title of the thread, I cannot read your mind and assumed the only thing that made sense to me because I did not anticipate that you would have ignored the crimes and malfeasance of prior administrations (and be contrary to the responses from a poll of 238 presidential scholars.)

The point is simple - I can impact what goes forward, but I can do nothing about what happened yesterday. I must take the clay I am given, and try to build a better world tomorrow.

I'm disappointed that you are a non-involved citizen, who believes his only recourse is at the voting box. You need to become more actively involved in your local precinct where you can influence the actions of your politicians. You need to make your voice heard - letters to the editor, speeches before local groups, etc. You need to send emails directly to your congressmen clearly stating your position (if you're not opposed to the criminal actions, then you probably don't need to do anything). When is the last time you sent a letter to the Dept of Justice demanding that they enforce immigration law?

As for being an accessory - "All it takes for evil to succeed, is for a few good men to do nothing" - while you may not be an accessory by law, your inaction makes you an active contributor to the commission of those crimes.

Assumed - what an interesting word - the title was a direct reaction to the quality and depth of the corruption coming forth from the current regime.

Back