Would you offer your daughters to a gang of rapists?

Dawkinsrocks

Ok, imagine that a couple of guys have come round to your house.

They tell you they are angels which you accept without batting an eyelid.

The next thing you know there is a gang of gay rapists outside your house who want to roger one of the angels.

Would you offer your daughter to the mob to protect the angels?

Like Lot did.

Werbung:
OMG. By the title I thought that maybe someone from that "other" religion was coming to my house! I'd better be prepared, and cover my female dog from head to tail.

Ok, imagine that a couple of guys have come round to your house.

They tell you they are angels which you accept without batting an eyelid.

The passage does not say that Lot thought the men to be angels.
The next thing you know there is a gang of gay rapists outside your house who want to roger one of the angels.

The limited Sunday school interpretation of the passage is that the men of the village wanted to rape the strangers. But if you are a more enlightened thinker then you will want to consider that the men may have wanted to interrogate possible spies.

The passage never says "rape." It says "to know" this word is used over 900 times in the bible and in all but 12 of them it means to get acquainted with. In the 12 it is used of relations between husbands and wives. It is never used to describe gay relations or even rape. If you want to claim, as many do, that it must mean sex then you have the burden to prove your case in an uphill battle.

Would you offer your daughter to the mob to protect the angels?
No, If I thought I was entertaining angels I would expect them to help.
Like Lot did.

Take away the preconceived notions of what the passage means, substitute other more rational notions, and you may come away with a different perspective.

http://www.kencollins.com/bible-i3.htm

Dr. Who, Dawkins just hates Christians. He fabricates what he thinks "A good Christian" is supposed to believe and disregards anything that doesn't fit into that mold. He's not interested in, or capable of debating conceptual interpretations.

No kidding. Live. B****. Die. Become dirt. I'd probably be mad too. if I thought that way, I'd blame my mother, not people who don't believe as I do.

You christians make me laugh.

You believe in a load of old bollocks that is frequently used to justify killing lots of other people, that makes bigotry a high ideal and that promotes ignorance and fear.

You worship someone who did not have to make the world at all, who could have made it any way he wanted and yet chose this method that will condemn millions of the poor wretches he made to an eternity of being burned and for most of them that is after a life of famine, war and disease.

And before you start banging on about evil and free will and all that utter ****e remember that god made lucipher knowing what he would do and he made free will knowing how it would be used. He could have stopped both but chose not to

Then you scoff at Muslims for their medieval views.

Someone should invent a stronger word for hypocisy as that doesn't get near it.

So why don't you scoff at Muslims for their medieval views as well? Do they have a free pass for the things that you disdain Christians for? You claim to hate religion. You just hate Christians. Talk about hypocrisy....

Where's the logic?

Therefore, it can be assumed from your posts that religion needs to be stamped out. Either you advocate this being done by law or murder of those who believe differently than you do. Because in the real PHYSICAL world that you claim to live in, those would be the only options. What a great human being. Who's banging it in everyone's face now? HYPOCRITE!

You are wrong again I am afraid.

I advocate persuasion.

The truth will conquer religion one day.

And I will have contributed to that victory.

It is a noble cause.

One day you will be saved.

From the lies and tyrrany of religion.

Werbung:
All you have contributed to this board, and is suspect the world, is hatred. Spreading hate is your only cause in life. God won't bother to deal with you, other people will.

Back