1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Would todays Democrats accept JFK into their party?

Discussion in 'Historical Events & Figures' started by steveox, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Sam Dodd

Sam Dodd New Member

At least the President doesn't kiss the arse of the Sharia law making Saudis and the anti-life Israelis. He won't send our troops to war for them so they can get more oil out of the Shiia nations.

2. invest07

invest07 Member

3. Cruella

Cruella Well-Known Member

You haven't been paying attention have you? Obama has the Muslim Brotherhood running all over the White House.

4. Cruella

Cruella Well-Known Member

5. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

Bowing down to business does stimulate the economy in the short run. However, the business world slips on a banana peel once they start gambling their cash on the stock market. It happened in 1929 and 2008.

As far as social programs are concerned, I think they are good, but I'm more of a moderate on the issue. I think the recipients of such programs should be making a real effort to improve themselves. Take SSI, for example. Did you know people on that program can get a free college or vocational education? However, do many of them accept the free aid, or even know about it?

6. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    for some its not a option, my friend is on it, and she has server mental issues that are poorly treated ( as poor people get poor treatment in our health care system) and to the person just meeting her the would think she was just lazy...but she has so many mental issues she can't take a bus someplace without someone helping her. I wish she could use them, as even though she may not have he best education, I know when she had a chance she could pick up things well....if not in a classroom setting though