Would be bomber stupidity.

dahermit

The reaction of the powers-that-be in the case of the recent airplane bombing attempt are typical of the stupidity of group-think process of fixing everything except the problem. The problem was that the jerk was on the no-fly list but was allowed to fly. The correction of the problem would address that issue with computer technology, facial recognition, etc. However, now they want another pre-boarding search, no covering the legs with blankets, no bathroom within one hour of landing, seat belts worn within one hour of landing. Every stupid "precaution" except to fix what they screwed up in the first place. Now, if they would just require that everyone fly totally naked...

Werbung:
The problem was that the jerk was on the no-fly list but was allowed to fly.
He actually wasn't on a no-fly list... he was on a UK "watch" list:
LONDON (AFP) – The Nigerian man charged with trying to blow up a US airliner had been placed on a UK watchlist and barred from entering Britain earlier this year, Home Secretary Alan Johnson said on Monday.
Rather than flying naked, just re-upholster the seats with Pigskin leather.

He actually wasn't on a no-fly list... he was on a UK "watch" list:

Rather than flying naked, just re-upholster the seats with Pigskin leather.

BRILLIANT...very subtle but albeit highly affective 4 sure.
Or we could take serious security lessons from the Saudi's they haven't had a problem in more then 25 years...hmmm
Nodding my head in total agreement {more PEARLS OF WISDOM} GOOD JOB.

That fool that is BO's press secretary actually said yesterday that there are 500,000 names on the watch list, so we can't watch them all. The incompetence of this administration is boundless.

BO won't even say the words Islamic terrorism. He actually used the word alleged when referring to the bomber in his teleprompter speech today. But, he was quick to condemn the cop who arrested his racist friend and the shooter of the baby murderer.

We will be hit hard again by the Islamists. It is only a matter of time. They are at war with America and BO appeases them.

...there are 500,000 names on the watch list, so we can't watch them all.
Computers can find a name on a list that small in a fraction of a second. What the hell are they working with? A paper list?

They had pictures of the guy. Facial recognition software could have found him in the time it took to process him through the security line, working from the background. Unbelievable incompetence.

Computers can find a name on a list that small in a fraction of a second. What the hell are they working with? A paper list?

They had pictures of the guy. Facial recognition software could have found him in the time it took to process him through the security line, working from the background. Unbelievable incompetence.

yea why does Niger not have that?!

people keep forgetting unlike Sept 11, they did not go threw US airports....

yea why does Niger not have that?!

people keep forgetting unlike Sept 11, they did not go threw US airports....
He got off the plane from Niger and re-boarded a plane in Amsterdam to the US. Does Amsterdam have the necessary equipment? More importantly, can they find anyone sober enough to operate it? :D

An excellent article and well worth reading

<for the rest of this story>
http://www.slate.com/id/2239935/

Flying HighWhy are we so bad at detecting the guilty and so good at collective punishment of the innocent?

By Christopher HitchensPosted Monday, Dec. 28, 2009, at 12:03 PM ET

Delta jets at Detroit Metropolitan airport It's getting to the point where the twin news stories more or less write themselves. No sooner is the fanatical and homicidal Muslim arrested than it turns out that he (it won't be long until it is also she) has been known to the authorities for a long time. But somehow the watch list, the tipoff, the many worried reports from colleagues and relatives, the placing of the name on a "central repository of information" don't prevent the suspect from boarding a plane, changing planes, or bringing whatever he cares to bring onto a plane. This is now a tradition that stretches back to several of the murderers who boarded civilian aircraft on Sept. 11, 2001, having called attention to themselves by either a) being on watch lists already or b) weird behavior at heartland American flight schools. They didn't even bother to change their names.

So that's now more or less the routine for the guilty. (I am not making any presumption of innocence concerning Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.) But flick your eye across the page, or down it, and you will instantly see a different imperative for the innocent. "New Restrictions Quickly Added for Travelers," reads the inevitable headline just below the report on the notoriety of Abdulmutallab, whose own father had been sufficiently alarmed to report his son to the U.S. Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, some time ago. (By the way, I make a safe prediction: Nobody in that embassy or anywhere else in our national security system will lose his or her job as a consequence of this most recent disgrace.)
In my boyhood, there were signs on English buses that declared, in bold letters, "No Spitting." At a tender age, I was able to work out that most people don't need to be told this, while those who do feel a desire to expectorate on public transport will require more discouragement than a mere sign. But I'd be wasting my time pointing this out to our majestic and sleepless protectors, who now boldly propose to prevent airline passengers from getting out of their seats for the last hour of any flight. Abdulmutallab made his bid in the last hour of his flight, after all. Yes, that ought to do it. It's also incredibly, nay, almost diabolically clever of our guardians to let it be known what the precise time limit will be. Oh, and by the way, any passenger courageous or resourceful enough to stand up and fight back will also have broken the brave new law.
<story continues>
http://www.slate.com/id/2239935/

Do you think the government planted this guy

or perhaps just knew what he was up to and looked the other way?

I think we are being manipulated, kept in a constant state of fear so that we don't focus too closely on what's really happening. Is the US bankupt? Is it true that China, Russia, Japan, South America, the Arab league, Turkey, Iran, and others have agreed not to use the US dollar for trade with each other any longer? An interesting article here: http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/11.09/chinabank.html

How much really was the bailout? Was it $700 billion or $14 Trillion? http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1887/$700_billion_is_a_LIE_$14_trillion_the_real_size_of_the_bailout

Is it true that the Pentagon is spending more on war than all 50 States are spending on everything else? http://www.inteldaily.com/news/173/ARTICLE/13219/2009-12-25.html

Is the UN producing a bullion coin as a world currency? http://current.com/items/91765876_un-to-produce-bullion-coins-as-world-currency.htm

Are the Republicans and Democrats conspiring to loot the country by selling it off to whomever has the most money? http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article24269.htm

Why are we sending more soldiers to Afghanistan? I don't know anybody who wants us to send more people to get killed for nothing. Everywhere I look I see huge systemic problems, but yet the news is filled with clumsy bombers. How many successful bombers have there been in the last 5 years? How many tens of thousands of safe flights? Everywhere I look the economy is in the toilet, but we're still spending billions on the wars that were started under the previous administration. Anti-biotic resistant TB is being spread throughout our country by people who cannot get adequate treatment--we are allowing this to happen by not making sure that everyone has access to adequate medical care, but I think, from what I've read, that the Health Care bill is a huge scam that will do nothing but enrich giant insurance companies.

This is not singling out any one party, we haven't had rational governance in decades. Now we are living with the 8 years of decline under George and just beginning on more years of decline with Obie. Our government is bankrupt morally and financially--underwear bombers are the least of our worries.

I dunno, maybe it is just me, I fly a lot. Granted not often through the standard security procedures of the lower 48 domestic routes or even the international security efforts.

That being said, I have long said that the fellow passengers are a large line of defense of a terrorist attack for obvious reasons. I am actually surprises he didnt get roughed up more than he did. If I would have been on the plane I wouldnt be surprised if the injuries on the suspect were more signifigant.

When we make it more and more difficult to use air travel, ultimately the terrorists win.
Those who are willing to sacrifice security for liberty will have niether.

I think we are being manipulated, kept in a constant state of fear so that we don't focus too closely on what's really happening. Is the US bankupt? Is it true that China, Russia, Japan, South America, the Arab league, Turkey, Iran, and others have agreed not to use the US dollar for trade with each other any longer? An interesting article here: http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/11.09/chinabank.html

How much really was the bailout? Was it $700 billion or $14 Trillion? http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1887/$700_billion_is_a_LIE_$14_trillion_the_real_size_of_the_bailout

Is it true that the Pentagon is spending more on war than all 50 States are spending on everything else? http://www.inteldaily.com/news/173/ARTICLE/13219/2009-12-25.html

Is the UN producing a bullion coin as a world currency? http://current.com/items/91765876_un-to-produce-bullion-coins-as-world-currency.htm

Are the Republicans and Democrats conspiring to loot the country by selling it off to whomever has the most money? http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article24269.htm

Why are we sending more soldiers to Afghanistan? I don't know anybody who wants us to send more people to get killed for nothing. Everywhere I look I see huge systemic problems, but yet the news is filled with clumsy bombers. How many successful bombers have there been in the last 5 years? How many tens of thousands of safe flights? Everywhere I look the economy is in the toilet, but we're still spending billions on the wars that were started under the previous administration. Anti-biotic resistant TB is being spread throughout our country by people who cannot get adequate treatment--we are allowing this to happen by not making sure that everyone has access to adequate medical care, but I think, from what I've read, that the Health Care bill is a huge scam that will do nothing but enrich giant insurance companies.

This is not singling out any one party, we haven't had rational governance in decades. Now we are living with the 8 years of decline under George and just beginning on more years of decline with Obie. Our government is bankrupt morally and financially--underwear bombers are the least of our worries.

I agree with a lot of what you said about distracting us, but I think they do it with Tiger woods and Michelle Obamas firm arms and other stupid things.

Some people think that President Bush and his administration kept us in fear and even planned 911, I just cant believe that. And as much as I really cant stand obama I just cant believe it about him either. Mistakes were made but if they could have caught this guy before he got on a plane, I think they would have.

But I do think that the media and this and the previous administration kept us occupied with Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods and other dumb things because I think all those things you posted of worry are real and we are in deep dog crap.

Werbung:
One of the biggest distractions, if not the biggest, perpetrated by the government and media is man caused global warming. The wasted time, effort, and money has to be one of the biggest blunders in all of human history.

Back