Will the 'TEA BAGGERS' take over/over throw the GOP...

One other quote from the article that I thought was very interesting...they seem rather reactionary to their own party mis-steps!

It's the crazy train!:D

America is much much more moderate than these teabagging extremists want to believe. They're really only preaching to their own choir.

As for the the everyone else... well we all took a this language course just to try and understand what the hell they keep screaming.:D

Werbung:
Oh, there's not much that you have missed in my sarcasm...you've got that about right...that's about the only thing that you've hit the nail on the head about ;)
I haven't found anything in your posts yet that have done anything to enlighten anyone to anything with substance. You are a total success at proving once again that attempting to re-frame the discussion, and distract by vapid accusations and innuendos is your accepted method of dissenting debate. And that success equals a total failure, ironically.
Yes, it did appear that while little George didn't get his way with his constant mantra of "I'm going to privatize Social Security and I'm going to get it done now"...even his own GOP turn against him and didn't support that insane #1 want list from his campaign promise and then after that they {GOP} seemed to just ROLL-OVER and go belly up on any and all things that Georgie did want to blow the budget on. What, were they afraid of him and Herr Chaney?
George Bush was on the right track looking to reform SS. It is, and has been for over 30 years, the 'third rail' of politics, however. And there are too many RINO's in Congress, afraid that they would be painted as hateful, greedy fear-mongers, wanting to throw Granny out on the street by a biased and overly ambitious media and the opposition. Spineless, and that is part of the fury of the voter base in both 2006 and 2008. In fact, that SS reform and partial privatization was probably the best domestic policy goal he had. It is too bad that he was forced into a compromise position by power greedy Democrats and spineless RINOs.

Bush, in total, proved much to progressive in views for most Conservatives. He is what should have made 'moderate' Democrats and Republicans alike very happy. They would have been if it hadn't been for the "R" after his name and his determination to restore our military and defense postures.

You claimed earlier to have voted for him. I find it very hard to believe. Unless you had your head under a rock somewhere, you surely had to see what he was like in 2004. Or is it that you are simply like so many of us - voting for him primarily out of a total conviction of doom if the alternative were realized, aka Kerry?

Derogatory...they {the people that started that campaign of over throw were the ones that chose the title {surely you haven't missed the cutesy pictures of those hats with all of the tea-bags hanging from their hats...looks like they were proud of their TITLE...yet you say it was derogatory and they seemed so proud...hmmm

Wrong yet again. The teabags hanging from the hats is only a symbolic act, referencing, since I seem to have to spell it out for you, the original Boston Tea Party preceding and heralding the American Revolution.

Another common mistake is to overlook the other purpose of the Boston Tea Party. It was only partially to protest taxation without representation. It was actually MORE about the intrusive government in England using unfair business practices to manipulate a commercial market in the Colonies. Their insight into an overweening government and it's unchecked intrusion as a danger in part set the stage for the greatest country the world has ever, or ever will, see.
Your talking now...I'm talking about 2008...What made the GOP just roll over and go belly up...why didn't they get out and VOTE?

And again, wrong. Did I forget to put the years referenced in the figures I presented? No? Oh, I didn't think so. The relatively small decrease, overall, in the Republican turnout is something that cannot be factually confirmed. There are pundits who speculate and postulate that it was so, but that cannot be proven. Not, at least, as long as we still have a 'secret' ballot. The decrease in Republican votes as tallied could very well be part of the increase of the Democrat votes as tallied. No one can know for certain, since party ties are not declared in the general election.

TO BAD...I don't have to toss my past voting record out here for anyone...I've voted for what ever candidate that I've felt would do their best and that's good enough for me...YOU DON'T KNOW ME so you don't know SQUAT;)

I could care less, so TOO (not to) bad yourself. YOU are the one who stated you voted for GWB in 2004, not me. I simply don't believe it. Or that if you did, you're incredibly naive, drastically changed in political views from that time, or ignorant.

The 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOBS' know of whom I speak...don't want the label then don't be a RUSH LIMBAUGH/GLEN BECK TALKING HEADS PUPPET...doesn't seem to be a hard concept to understand...there are some excellent Republicans around this world and a small select few right here...unfortunately the 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOBS' seem to take up the most space:D

Of course we know of whom you speak. You label, and think of, anyone as a right winged nut job who is anywhere right of you. And that leaves a huge percentage of people in this country. It is such a comfort to know that there are a few who meet your approval.

Our Founding Fathers wouldn't know what to make of the entire spectrum of the topics/issues/taxes that face our generation...they would most likely jump on the first ship and return to ENGLAND :)

You are actually so very right on this. They would absolutely be stunned and shocked to see what we have allowed to happen to the precious gift they left for us. Jump ship and run? I don't think so. They had more insight, courage, patriotism and willingness for self-sacrifice than anyone in DC these days.

Interesting...you stating that, yet the article clearly quoted some to the 'TEA BAGGERS' as telling the local GOP that there would be some serious changes coming if they didn't kneel to their pressure...so exactly how is that all going to be a good thing for the RNC.

That article did not say that, not once. Perhaps you are referring to this portion:

(From NYTimes.com) After the local party said it would stick to its custom of endorsing a candidate rather than holding an open primary, Tea Party groups decided to hold their own candidate forum where people could cast a ballot. If the party does not yield, the groups say they will host a debate, too.

“We kind of changed the rules,” said Anastasia Przybylski, one of the organizers.

If that is the case, and since you use words that don't exist in the article you leave me NO choice but to ASSume that you are, you are once again showing the tactic of taking something way out of context and twisting it's meaning to the point of being a lie. That is, if you KNOWINGLY said this untruth.

I haven't found anything in your posts yet that have done anything to enlighten anyone to anything with substance. You are a total success at proving once again that attempting to re-frame the discussion, and distract by vapid accusations and innuendos is your accepted method of dissenting debate. And that success equals a total failure, ironically.
IRONIC...the way in which you claim to be a 'TEA BAGGER' and yet when the topic started and this discussion has wound down to this point...you've managed to throw as many insults at me as possible while never once trying to explain the basis for the 'TEA BAGGERS' point of view! All that angst/anger and vitriol and you want to remold the republican party to suit your needs...god forbid...
George Bush was on the right track looking to reform SS. It is, and has been for over 30 years, the 'third rail' of politics, however. And there are too many RINO's in Congress, afraid that they would be painted as hateful, greedy fear-mongers, wanting to throw Granny out on the street by a biased and overly ambitious media and the opposition. Spineless, and that is part of the fury of the voter base in both 2006 and 2008. In fact, that SS reform and partial privatization was probably the best domestic policy goal he had. It is too bad that he was forced into a compromise position by power greedy Democrats and spineless RINOs.
You seem to have ISSUES with all thing political especially both parties...maybe you need to become a registered INDEPENDENT and calm the hell down:cool:
Bush, in total, proved much to progressive in views for most Conservatives. He is what should have made 'moderate' Democrats and Republicans alike very happy. They would have been if it hadn't been for the "R" after his name and his determination to restore our military and defense postures.
Now that just really cute, the way in which you block out/avoid/totally ignore the lies that came to the surface during his lame duck years...cute but ignorant!
You claimed earlier to have voted for him. I find it very hard to believe. Unless you had your head under a rock somewhere, you surely had to see what he was like in 2004. Or is it that you are simply like so many of us - voting for him primarily out of a total conviction of doom if the alternative were realized, aka Kerry?
More insults...you seem to have some deep seated emotional issues about other people and the way that they vote...why is that? And as I have stated many-many times...I like many thousands of other Americans believe his fictional color coded terrorist bar coded system and thought he was doing right by all of us...to only find out later that not only was the PROOF fabricated but that he {G.W.B.} had paid millions of dollars to a soothsayer/psychic claiming to know when the attack was going to happen! Yep, I was deceived by the foibles of little Georgy & Herr Cheney...that's something that I'll have to live with! Notice I haven't degraded you, nor asked you who you voted for...the asinine attitude is all coming from YOU!
Wrong yet again. The teabags hanging from the hats is only a symbolic act, referencing, since I seem to have to spell it out for you, the original Boston Tea Party preceding and heralding the American Revolution.
Yep, fully understood that...it's in the article that you seem to be unable to read & comprehend the wording :rolleyes:
Another common mistake is to overlook the other purpose of the Boston Tea Party. It was only partially to protest taxation without representation. It was actually MORE about the intrusive government in England using unfair business practices to manipulate a commercial market in the Colonies. Their insight into an overweening government and it's unchecked intrusion as a danger in part set the stage for the greatest country the world has ever, or ever will, see.
Have you explained this all to the 'TEA BAGGERS' that you are compatible with?
And again, wrong. Did I forget to put the years referenced in the figures I presented? No? Oh, I didn't think so. The relatively small decrease, overall, in the Republican turnout is something that cannot be factually confirmed. There are pundits who speculate and postulate that it was so, but that cannot be proven. Not, at least, as long as we still have a 'secret' ballot. The decrease in Republican votes as tallied could very well be part of the increase of the Democrat votes as tallied. No one can know for certain, since party ties are not declared in the general election.
So you either haven't read or in total denial about the areas that showed the lack of republican turn out...were you under a rock last year at this time?
I could care less, so TOO (not to) bad yourself. YOU are the one who stated you voted for GWB in 2004, not me. I simply don't believe it. Or that if you did, you're incredibly naive, drastically changed in political views from that time, or ignorant.
OOPS...you seem to find that spelling error so significant and I'm sooooo sorry that it irritate you {you being so highly sensitive and all} and as I've stated before/during and since my first days around here on the HOP...yes, BUSH lied to me, lied to all of AMERICA and my political view changed drastically...WOW, was that not ever present to anyone/everyone that has read my posts...having trouble with that cognitive thought process, does it bother you all the time or just on occasion?
Of course we know of whom you speak. You label, and think of, anyone as a right winged nut job who is anywhere right of you. And that leaves a huge percentage of people in this country. It is such a comfort to know that there are a few who meet your approval.
Your hysteria and ability to build mountains out of those mole hills seems to lead you astray...while you afford me way more POWER then I truly have, I'm not in communication with the entire population in the country...just the few 'screeching right winged nut jobs' around here ;)
You are actually so very right on this. They would absolutely be stunned and shocked to see what we have allowed to happen to the precious gift they left for us. Jump ship and run? I don't think so. They had more insight, courage, patriotism and willingness for self-sacrifice than anyone in DC these days.
WOW...something that we do/can agree on...who knew?
That article did not say that, not once. Perhaps you are referring to this portion:
No this was the portion that I was referring to...I'm soooo sorry that you didn't read it, I had even changed to font type to RED so that it would stand out and anyone would not over look it!
clipped from the article:A new group called the National Precinct Alliance says it has a coordinator in nearly every state to recruit Tea Party activists to fill the positions and has already swelled the number of like-minded members in Republican Party committees in Arizona and Nevada. Its mantra is this: take the precinct, take the state, take the party — and force it to nominate conservatives rather than people they see as liberals in Republican clothing.
If that is the case, and since you use words that don't exist in the article you leave me NO choice but to ASSume that you are, you are once again showing the tactic of taking something way out of context and twisting it's meaning to the point of being a lie. That is, if you KNOWINGLY said this untruth.
You seem to have anger management issues and that will cause a person to misjudge/misread/misinterpret, words/feelings/meaning...have you ever thought about getting some help :)

IRONIC...the way in which you claim to be a 'TEA BAGGER' and yet when the topic started and this discussion has wound down to this point...you've managed to throw as many insults at me as possible while never once trying to explain the basis for the 'TEA BAGGERS' point of view! All that angst/anger and vitriol and you want to remold the republican party to suit your needs...god forbid...
You seem to have ISSUES with all thing political especially both parties...maybe you need to become a registered INDEPENDENT and calm the hell down:cool:
Now that just really cute, the way in which you block out/avoid/totally ignore the lies that came to the surface during his lame duck years...cute but ignorant!
More insults...you seem to have some deep seated emotional issues about other people and the way that they vote...why is that? And as I have stated many-many times...I like many thousands of other Americans believe his fictional color coded terrorist bar coded system and thought he was doing right by all of us...to only find out later that not only was the PROOF fabricated but that he {G.W.B.} had paid millions of dollars to a soothsayer/psychic claiming to know when the attack was going to happen! Yep, I was deceived by the foibles of little Georgy & Herr Cheney...that's something that I'll have to live with! Notice I haven't degraded you, nor asked you who you voted for...the asinine attitude is all coming from YOU!
Yep, fully understood that...it's in the article that you seem to be unable to read & comprehend the wording

Have you explained this all to the 'TEA BAGGERS' that you are compatible with?
So you either haven't read or in total denial about the areas that showed the lack of republican turn out...were you under a rock last year at this time?
OOPS...you seem to find that spelling error so significant and I'm sooooo sorry that it irritate you {you being so highly sensitive and all} and as I've stated before/during and since my first days around here on the HOP...yes, BUSH lied to me, lied to all of AMERICA and my political view changed drastically...WOW, was that not ever present to anyone/everyone that has read my posts...having trouble with that cognitive thought process, does it bother you all the time or just on occasion?
Your hysteria and ability to build mountains out of those mole hills seems to lead you astray...while you afford me way more POWER then I truly have, I'm not in communication with the entire population in the country...just the few 'screeching right winged nut jobs' around here ;)

WOW...something that we do/can agree on...who knew?

No this was the portion that I was referring to...I'm soooo sorry that you didn't read it, I had even changed to font type to RED so that it would stand out and anyone would not over look it!

You seem to have anger management issues and that will cause a person to misjudge/misread/misinterpret, words/feelings/meaning...have you ever thought about getting some help :)

Maybe Red State Update can clear up this whole teabagging mess.:cool:

Maybe Red State Update can clear up this whole teabagging mess.:cool:

Ya, that was highly entertaining...but it disappoints me so when the people who want to be the loudest, change the status quo can't answer the simplest questions and just get so BENT OUT OF SHAPE about explaining their reasons for thinking that 'THEIR' way of reshaping the Republican party is the TRUE/REAL VALID way to go about it :rolleyes:

The Yippies have taken over the Democratic Party & have taken over both the House & the Senate. The Tea Party activists haven't taken over the Republican Party, but I believe they will become a force within the party, just like the radicals with liberal Democrats. The Tea Party activists make more sense politically than anything happening with Obama & the Democrats. The Democrats are on a downward spiral for this year's election & will continue to be with Obama's budget fiasco of higher taxes, goverment takeovers & tearing down capitalism, without saying it.

The Yippies have taken over the Democratic Party & have taken over both the House & the Senate. The Tea Party activists haven't taken over the Republican Party, but I believe they will become a force within the party, just like the radicals with liberal Democrats. The Tea Party activists make more sense politically than anything happening with Obama & the Democrats. The Democrats are on a downward spiral for this year's election & will continue to be with Obama's budget fiasco of higher taxes, goverment takeovers & tearing down capitalism, without saying it.

tea party...aka Crazy nutz in large clusters...

Republicans can have them

The Tea Party is not taking over the GOP. They were organized and manipulated by the GOP. In each election cycle the GOP elite provides the illusion of a grass roots organization that represents ordinary people who are tired of incumbent government. But this only occurs when the incumbent government is Democratic.

Then when the election is over, the GOP elite will go back to business as usual, which is concentrating all the wealth into the hands of a few and letting corporations rule America.

This same grass roots organizing occured in the 1990's with the Moral Majority and the unchristian Christian Coalition. They supported George Bush and the Republicans. But once in office, the Republicans did not occupy themselves with moral issues. It was back to business as usual. De-regulating big business and causing the worst financial debacle in decades.

Democrats have not moved to the Left. Democrats remain in the same ideology they have always occupied. What has moved is the Republican base. Republicans have moved steadily to the Right ever since Goldwater. When will Conservatives, if ever, regain contact with Planet Earth?

Werbung:
Democrats have not moved to the Left. Democrats remain in the same ideology they have always occupied. What has moved is the Republican base. Republicans have moved steadily to the Right ever since Goldwater. When will Conservatives, if ever, regain contact with Planet Earth?

Democrats have gone further left. Take abortion for example. In the early to mid 70s all they wanted where abortion was concerned was to be able to have an abortion in the first 3 months. Now they advocate for killing the baby into the 9th month and some (like obama) has said its ok to kill them even after they are born if they survive the partial birth abortion. I dont think you could have found a dozen people on the left to support that in the 70s and probably not more than a couple of hundred in the 80s, a few thousand in the 90s. Even today its not the majority but its enough to make me want to vomit... the left is going further left every year.

Sorry but THAT is not staying the same.

The pro life group are still consistantly the same, pro life, but many in the republican party have gravitated to the lefts idea of aboriton on demand and some even advocate for partial birth abortion. But no one on the right has gone further right with this topic.

the same thing can be said for a number of topics.

Back