Will the 'TEA BAGGERS' take over/over throw the GOP...

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
In Power Push, Movement Sees Base in G.O.P.

By KATE ZERNIKE
Published: January 14, 2010
HOLLAND, Pa. — The Tea Party movement ignited a year ago, fueled by anti-establishment anger. Now, Tea Party activists are trying to take over the establishment, ground up.

Jessica Kourkounis for The New York Times
The audience at a forum held by Tea Party groups in Holland, Pa.
articleInline.jpg

Jessica Kourkounis for The New York Times
Candidate hopefuls at the forum.
Across the country, they are signing up to be Republican precinct leaders, a position so low-level that it often remains vacant, but which comes with the ability to vote for the party executives who endorse candidates, approve platforms and decide where the party spends money.
A new group called the National Precinct Alliance says it has a coordinator in nearly every state to recruit Tea Party activists to fill the positions and has already swelled the number of like-minded members in Republican Party committees in Arizona and Nevada. Its mantra is this: take the precinct, take the state, take the party — and force it to nominate conservatives rather than people they see as liberals in Republican clothing.
Here, in a perennial battleground district outside Philadelphia, Tea Party activists are trying to strip the local committee of its influence in choosing the Republican nominee to run against Representative Patrick J. Murphy, a Democrat who won the seat in 2006 by about 1,500 votes.
After the local party said it would stick to its custom of endorsing a candidate rather than holding an open primary, Tea Party groups decided to hold their own candidate forum where people could cast a ballot. If the party does not yield, the groups say they will host a debate, too.
“We kind of changed the rules,” said Anastasia Przybylski, one of the organizers.
The Tea Party movement, named after the original tax revolt in 1773, might be better described as a diverse, rambunctious and Internet-connected network of groups, powered by grass-roots anxiety about the economy, bailouts and increasing government involvement in health care. At one extreme are militia members who have shown up at meetings wearing guns and suggesting that institutions like the Federal Reserve be eliminated. At the other are those like Ms. Przybylski, who describes herself as “just a stay-at-home mom” who became agitated about the federal stimulus package.

<Story Source>
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/us/politics/15party.html?th&emc=th

Where will this take the 'OLD GUARD of the Republican Party'...seems that the rift is becoming a real wide chasm that won't be mended in many years! What is it going to take to get the GOP united and focused upon/behind their base...if they ever find their base:confused:

Werbung:
One other quote from the article that I thought was very interesting...they seem rather reactionary to their own party mis-steps!

CLIPPED FROM THE ARTICLE:
“If you want to have revenge against the Republican Party for using you for so many years, the best way is to turn around and use the Republican Party to your advantage,” said Eric Odom, a Tea Party activist in Chicago who recently started a political action committee, and on his blog urged Tea Partiers to stop complaining about the Republican Party and “move in and take it over.”

Let's hope the tea party takes over the republican party!

The GOP has become nothing more than watered down liberal democrats

both the GOP and democrat party need a good slapping down.

GOP had its slapping down (time will tell how effective it was)
2010-12 looks to be the donkey's turn.

But within that 'TEA PARTY' label are some of the most bizarre extremes possible...from the gun toting screaming monkeys {my definition} and the soccer moms fearing the cost of health care...is there any way to bring them to a center point within the REPUBLICAN BASE :confused:

But within that 'TEA PARTY' label are some of the most bizarre extremes possible...from the gun toting screaming monkeys {my definition} and the soccer moms fearing the cost of health care...is there any way to bring them to a center point within the REPUBLICAN BASE :confused:
That is exactly the point. The part about it covering all scopes of people. We Tea Party people come from a vast range of views, but share a common core of Constitutionalism and reigning in an out-of-control government. YOUR definition of "gun toting screaming monkeys" speaks volumes about your typical liberal condescension and feigned moral superiority.

Why is it alright for you on the left to embrace everything from your moderate center to the extreme left with their specialized views of advancing gay rights, protecting animals up to the point of and including hurting people and destroying property, abortion advancement, anti-capitalism, etc?

Come to think of it, I think you on the left hold the title for the "most bizarre extremes possible."

That is exactly the point. The part about it covering all scopes of people. We Tea Party people come from a vast range of views, but share a common core of Constitutionalism and reigning in an out-of-control government. YOUR definition of "gun toting screaming monkeys" speaks volumes about your typical liberal condescension and feigned moral superiority.

Why is it alright for you on the left to embrace everything from your moderate center to the extreme left with their specialized views of advancing gay rights, protecting animals up to the point of and including hurting people and destroying property, abortion advancement, anti-capitalism, etc?

Come to think of it, I think you on the left hold the title for the "most bizarre extremes possible."

Maybe you shouldn't ASSume that I embrace everything on the left...I'm not a left leaning liberal but many around here that don't know me {yet seem determined to label me that} keep saying that I'm a LIBERAL.

I'm more worried about the Republican Party finding their CENTER then many of the 'WE HATE OBAMA AND DON'T ASK ME FOR SPECIFICS CROWD THAT POST AROUND HERE' ;)

So according to your post; "but share a common core of Constitutionalism and reigning in an out-of-control government"...This is what will unite the 'TEA BAGGERS' into the main stream GOP even if they have to over throw the party. :eek:

GEE, that sounds so warm/comfy and really unifying...{I guess it's all in the way you hold your tongue} :rolleyes:

oh yay!!!!!!!!!

more WWE for grownups!!

my party is equal to jesus...yours is like the devil!! nanner-nanner-nanner.

Maybe you shouldn't ASSume that I embrace everything on the left...I'm not a left leaning liberal but many around here that don't know me {yet seem determined to label me that} keep saying that I'm a LIBERAL.

I guess most of us ASSume that you are liberal as that is the position you seem to support and portray. If we've misinterpreted your posts, so very sorry. In black and white print, there is always the possibility of misunderstanding the intent and nuances of the writer, in spite of using cute smilies.

I'm more worried about the Republican Party finding their CENTER then many of the 'WE HATE OBAMA AND DON'T ASK ME FOR SPECIFICS CROWD THAT POST AROUND HERE' ;)

I'm afraid that that mindset has arose in response to the "we hate Bush and don't ask me for specifics" crowd they've learned to respond to. The Republican Party has already found it's center. What it needs to find is it's core, bedrock values. These centrist parties that Conservatives and Liberals alike seem to long for are only slight variations from each other. It is the push and pull between the two opposing core principals differentiating the two parties that provides the balance envisioned by the Founders.

So according to your post; "but share a common core of Constitutionalism and reigning in an out-of-control government"...This is what will unite the 'TEA BAGGERS' into the main stream GOP even if they have to over throw the party. :eek:

See? You persist in using the derogatory label TEA BAGGERS so maliciously applied by THE LEFT. So I guess that just goes to the evidence of why you are understood to be from that position around here.

But to the core of that paragraph. Uniting into the mainstream GOP, whatever that is supposed to be, is not the goal. Identifying those within the party and resisting them, and identifying those who hold those lofty standards and supporting them is what it is about. There will always be a wide range of positions within the GOP, but the process is occurring to distill the core platform issues and positions. It will be up to the voting public to enforce adherence.
GEE, that sounds so warm/comfy and really unifying...{I guess it's all in the way you hold your tongue} :rolleyes:

Warm/comfy is not in the slightest our goal. We will leave the warm fuzzies to you on the left. And whether you hold your tongue or not, and in which way, or whether you should or not is entirely your business. Obviously. As Americans wake up to the excesses of our federal government, and it's virtual aristocracy by longevity in office, more and more will gravitate to the principals espoused by the Founders. The principals and perspective will be the unifying factor, not the party.

I guess most of us ASSume that you are liberal as that is the position you seem to support and portray. If we've misinterpreted your posts, so very sorry. In black and white print, there is always the possibility of misunderstanding the intent and nuances of the writer, in spite of using cute smilies.
Did you kinda miss out on the reasons that the 'emotions cons' were established...way back when the WWW was in it's infancy :confused: You'd be amazed that there are still 'SOME HUMANS' that can't comprehend/understand/appreciate a joke even with a 'EMOTION CON/HAPPY SMILEY FACE ATTACHED TO THE POST ;)
I'm afraid that that mindset has arose in response to the "we hate Bush and don't ask me for specifics" crowd they've learned to respond to. The Republican Party has already found it's center. What it needs to find is it's core, bedrock values. These centrist parties that Conservatives and Liberals alike seem to long for are only slight variations from each other. It is the push and pull between the two opposing core principals differentiating the two parties that provides the balance envisioned by the Founders.
But as I've posted/stated numerous times...G.W.B. didn't start receiveing the wrath of the 'John Q. Public' until we discovered/uncovered the numerous lies that he and his little henchmen Herr Cheney applied to get us into IRAQ...so it would appear that many of the BUSH HATERS HAVE SOME VALIDATION FOR THEIR ANGST!!! I sure as sh!t wouldn't have voted for him in 2004 had many of his lies/utter deceit come to the surface prior to that election...Oh, well, can't go back and do a RE-DO!
See? You persist in using the derogatory label TEA BAGGERS so maliciously applied by THE LEFT. So I guess that just goes to the evidence of why you are understood to be from that position around here.
Did you miss the article/miss the title...totally ignore the POINT OF THIS THREAD:confused:
But to the core of that paragraph. Uniting into the mainstream GOP, whatever that is supposed to be, is not the goal. Identifying those within the party and resisting them, and identifying those who hold those lofty standards and supporting them is what it is about. There will always be a wide range of positions within the GOP, but the process is occurring to distill the core platform issues and positions. It will be up to the voting public to enforce adherence.
It's not...so when the masses of Republicans just stayed home and couldn't bring themselves to even drive to their local voting booths/lift a pen/mark a ballot/ and then drive back home in 2008...that wasn't a planned avoidance...they just did that in mass without anyone telling them to...that was all accomplished without any directive AT ALL :eek: WOW, amazing, simply AMAZING!
Warm/comfy is not in the slightest our goal. We will leave the warm fuzzies to you on the left. And whether you hold your tongue or not, and in which way, or whether you should or not is entirely your business. Obviously. As Americans wake up to the excesses of our federal government, and it's virtual aristocracy by longevity in office, more and more will gravitate to the principals espoused by the Founders. The principals and perspective will be the unifying factor, not the party.
As a registered Independent I'm finding this constant tug of war between the 'Right Wing Nut Jobs' & and the 'Hard Wired Leftist' {while slightly amusing} a thorough was of money/time/energy. Maybe more people need to just come to the middle and gather the remnants of our democracy and move on!

The left has to attempt to portray the Tea Party movement as fringe in an attempt to margnalize it. Its the standard defense as they have little else to fight with.

The powers that be on the left understand exactly what it is ad what it is capable of. Its drawing from acoss the political spectrum (exempting the fringe left) and for the most fudamental of causes.

If the GOP is smart they will recognize this and embrace it. Whoever leads these people will prevail. You can see it in the rapid and trend reversing shifts in ideology among the conservatives and independants.

Did you kinda miss out on the reasons that the 'emotions cons' were established...way back when the WWW was in it's infancy :confused: You'd be amazed that there are still 'SOME HUMANS' that can't comprehend/understand/appreciate a joke even with a 'EMOTION CON/HAPPY SMILEY FACE ATTACHED TO THE POST ;)

No, I didn't kinda miss out on that at all. But in otherwise intellectually honest debate, smilies can be trite and condescending. That is the way they are perceived when over used. What I'm amazed at is that there are still SOME HUMANS who cannot discuss issues in a civil manner, and confuse jokes with condescension and sarcasm.
But as I've posted/stated numerous times...G.W.B. didn't start receiveing the wrath of the 'John Q. Public' until we discovered/uncovered the numerous lies that he and his little henchmen Herr Cheney applied to get us into IRAQ...so it would appear that many of the BUSH HATERS HAVE SOME VALIDATION FOR THEIR ANGST!!! I sure as sh!t wouldn't have voted for him in 2004 had many of his lies/utter deceit come to the surface prior to that election...Oh, well, can't go back and do a RE-DO!
Since you apparently did vote for GWB in 2004, you are in the quite small minority who make up the 'wrath of the John Q. Public.' Most of the wrath from Conservatives in specific and Republicans in general were more filled with wrath at the infidelity of the Republican congressional members and with Bush for the inordinate love of spending they were displaying. But that is another issue, and not to the point of this thread. And there was that promise of hope and change..

Did you miss the article/miss the title...totally ignore the POINT OF THIS THREAD:confused:
Confused, eh? I can't see why you should be. I did not miss the title, or the article. What I DID note was that you, as the originator of this thread, utilized the derogatory term Tea Bagger in you title and in your consequent posts. It was not utilized in the referenced article, only by you.
It's not...so when the masses of Republicans just stayed home and couldn't bring themselves to even drive to their local voting booths/lift a pen/mark a ballot/ and then drive back home in 2008...that wasn't a planned avoidance...they just did that in mass without anyone telling them to...that was all accomplished without any directive AT ALL :eek: WOW, amazing, simply AMAZING!
Interestingly, many of the MSM talking heads have used the same subjective lines. In 2008, Republican voters decreased by 1.3%. Not insignificant, but not a deal-breaker either. At the same time, voter rolls had increased by over 10 million people, which according to all those knowledgeable ones at the time indicated a huge shift and increased turnout. The turnout overall was virtually unchanged from 2004. And while Republican turnout decreased from 30% of eligible, registered voters, Democrat turnout increased from 28.7% in 2004 to 31.3% in 2008. Not exactly "masses of Republicans" staying home and not voting - possibly more of them simply voting for that pipe-dream promise of Obama and the Dems. And that could certainly incorporate a good chunk of that disgruntled portion of which you are a statistic.

As a registered Independent I'm finding this constant tug of war between the 'Right Wing Nut Jobs' & and the 'Hard Wired Leftist' {while slightly amusing} a thorough was of money/time/energy. Maybe more people need to just come to the middle and gather the remnants of our democracy and move on!

I have a hard time believing that you have ever voted Republican. You persist in the most derogatory terms, such as this use of the 'Right Wing Nut Jobs.' Aside from that, the extremes to the left and right are always going to be there, as long as there is human nature. What more people need to do is to honestly examine what the true principals and values espoused are, who upholds them, decide where they are personally aligned and vote accordingly. The remnants of our democracy will only be salvaged and true health and progress restored when the people fully realize the true disease is anything that robs of us our Founders' ideals. And what a bill of lies they've been sold.

The Tea Party adherents are dedicated to that proposition. To educate in any way possible, through all means reasonable. The goal is not to take over/over throw the GOP. It is to redefine and reconfirm the Conservative/Constructionst/Constitutional core and foundation.

The left has to attempt to portray the Tea Party movement as fringe in an attempt to margnalize it. Its the standard defense as they have little else to fight with.

True. Anything right of center is extremist and fringe to those striving to defend the indefensible.

The powers that be on the left understand exactly what it is ad what it is capable of. Its drawing from acoss the political spectrum (exempting the fringe left) and for the most fudamental of causes.

Again, very true. But the battle is uphill, and so much depends on getting the message out and enlightening those who have been poorly educated, mislead and flat out deceived. The media has shown signs of discomfort recently, being used and assumed to be the lap dog of the left. There is a small spark of incredulity, almost like a druggie awakening from a stupor and getting a glimmer of his surroundings. There is hope. And not that phony-baloney hokey-change spouted by Obama and Company.
If the GOP is smart they will recognize this and embrace it. Whoever leads these people will prevail. You can see it in the rapid and trend reversing shifts in ideology among the conservatives and independants.

That's the thing. We ARE the GOP. But we need to continue to demand that they will be accountable, and that politics as usual will not be allowed. I'm glad that the Tea Party movement IS made up of so many diverse groups. It speaks well that they are coming from a variety of perspectives, from all across the country, and share in the commitment to the core values.

This whole groundswell movement would be absolutely earth shaking, if the MSM were to give it anywhere near the attention and newsworthiness it deserves.

True. Anything right of center is extremist and fringe to those striving to defend the indefensible.

Again, very true. But the battle is uphill, and so much depends on getting the message out and enlightening those who have been poorly educated, mislead and flat out deceived. The media has shown signs of discomfort recently, being used and assumed to be the lap dog of the left. There is a small spark of incredulity, almost like a druggie awakening from a stupor and getting a glimmer of his surroundings. There is hope. And not that phony-baloney hokey-change spouted by Obama and Company.

That's the thing. We ARE the GOP. But we need to continue to demand that they will be accountable, and that politics as usual will not be allowed. I'm glad that the Tea Party movement IS made up of so many diverse groups. It speaks well that they are coming from a variety of perspectives, from all across the country, and share in the commitment to the core values.

This whole groundswell movement would be absolutely earth shaking, if the MSM were to give it anywhere near the attention and newsworthiness it deserves.

You got it there bro.

Remember the rally in DC a while back ? They were saying there were tens of thousands in attendance, real count from THE expert in the field, a million 6 plus. this is for real. we the people have had enough.

Werbung:
No, I didn't kinda miss out on that at all. But in otherwise intellectually honest debate, smilies can be trite and condescending. That is the way they are perceived when over used. What I'm amazed at is that there are still SOME HUMANS who cannot discuss issues in a civil manner, and confuse jokes with condescension and sarcasm.
Oh, there's not much that you have missed in my sarcasm...you've got that about right...that's about the only thing that you've hit the nail on the head about ;)
Since you apparently did vote for GWB in 2004, you are in the quite small minority who make up the 'wrath of the John Q. Public.' Most of the wrath from Conservatives in specific and Republicans in general were more filled with wrath at the infidelity of the Republican congressional members and with Bush for the inordinate love of spending they were displaying. But that is another issue, and not to the point of this thread. And there was that promise of hope and change..
Yes, it did appear that while little George didn't get his way with his constant mantra of "I'm going to privatize Social Security and I'm going to get it done now"...even his own GOP turn against him and didn't support that insane #1 want list from his campaign promise and then after that they {GOP} seemed to just ROLL-OVER and go belly up on any and all things that Georgie did want to blow the budget on. What, were they afraid of him and Herr Chaney?
Confused, eh? I can't see why you should be. I did not miss the title, or the article. What I DID note was that you, as the originator of this thread, utilized the derogatory term Tea Bagger in you title and in your consequent posts. It was not utilized in the referenced article, only by you.
Derogatory...they {the people that started that campaign of over throw were the ones that chose the title {surely you haven't missed the cutesy pictures of those hats with all of the tea-bags hanging from their hats...looks like they were proud of their TITLE...yet you say it was derogatory and they seemed so proud...hmmm
Interestingly, many of the MSM talking heads have used the same subjective lines. In 2008, Republican voters decreased by 1.3%. Not insignificant, but not a deal-breaker either. At the same time, voter rolls had increased by over 10 million people, which according to all those knowledgeable ones at the time indicated a huge shift and increased turnout. The turnout overall was virtually unchanged from 2004. And while Republican turnout decreased from 30% of eligible, registered voters, Democrat turnout increased from 28.7% in 2004 to 31.3% in 2008. Not exactly "masses of Republicans" staying home and not voting - possibly more of them simply voting for that pipe-dream promise of Obama and the Dems. And that could certainly incorporate a good chunk of that disgruntled portion of which you are a statistic.
Your talking now...I'm talking about 2008...What made the GOP just roll over and go belly up...why didn't they get out and VOTE?
I have a hard time believing that you have ever voted Republican.
TO BAD...I don't have to toss my past voting record out here for anyone...I've voted for what ever candidate that I've felt would do their best and that's good enough for me...YOU DON'T KNOW ME so you don't know SQUAT;)
You persist in the most derogatory terms, such as this use of the 'Right Wing Nut Jobs.'
The 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOBS' know of whom I speak...don't want the label then don't be a RUSH LIMBAUGH/GLEN BECK TALKING HEADS PUPPET...doesn't seem to be a hard concept to understand...there are some excellent Republicans around this world and a small select few right here...unfortunately the 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOBS' seem to take up the most space:D
Aside from that, the extremes to the left and right are always going to be there, as long as there is human nature. What more people need to do is to honestly examine what the true principals and values espoused are, who upholds them, decide where they are personally aligned and vote accordingly. The remnants of our democracy will only be salvaged and true health and progress restored when the people fully realize the true disease is anything that robs of us our Founders' ideals. And what a bill of lies they've been sold.
Our Founding Fathers wouldn't know what to make of the entire spectrum of the topics/issues/taxes that face our generation...they would most likely jump on the first ship and return to ENGLAND :)
The Tea Party adherents are dedicated to that proposition. To educate in any way possible, through all means reasonable. The goal is not to take over/over throw the GOP. It is to redefine and reconfirm the Conservative/Constructionst/Constitutional core and foundation.
Interesting...you stating that, yet the article clearly quoted some to the 'TEA BAGGERS' as telling the local GOP that there would be some serious changes coming if they didn't kneel to their pressure...so exactly how is that all going to be a good thing for the RNC.

Back