Why Would He?

The thread is about Trump and the so called Christian conservatives, and yes, Trump does exist, no question about that.

How can a Christian possibly support a man of the mind set of Donald Trump? That's the question. Can anyone here say Trump is a Christian, a follower of Christ, really? Does he actually embody the ideals that the Christian conservatives say they want to see in a leader?

How is that even possible?

Werbung:
Democracy has never solved anything, and each time it has been tried has ended in tragedy:

http://www.declineoftheempire.com/2012/03/democracies-always-fail.html

"But suppose we did live in a democracy in which all votes were equal. It would fail anyway scientists say, for People Aren't Smart Enough for Democracy to Flourish.

The democratic process relies on the assumption that citizens (the majority of them, at least) can recognize the best political candidate, or best policy idea, when they see it. But a growing body of research has revealed an unfortunate aspect of the human psyche that would seem to disprove this notion, and imply instead that democratic elections produce mediocre leadership and policies.

The research, led by David Dunning, a psychologist at Cornell University, shows that incompetent people are inherently unable to judge the competence of other people, or the quality of those people's ideas. For example, if people lack expertise on tax reform, it is very difficult for them to identify the candidates who are actual experts. They simply lack the mental tools needed to make meaningful judgments.

As a result, no amount of information or facts about political candidates can override the inherent inability of many voters to accurately evaluate them. On top of that, "very smart ideas are going to be hard for people to adopt, because most people don’t have the sophistication to recognize how good an idea is," Dunning told Life's Little Mysteries."
Democracy has solved many problems,jaw jaw is better than war war.I'm sure that sane people would rather live in a democratic country than North Korea.It isn't Atheism that is necessarily responsible for dictatorship and brutal totalitarianism.Saying that democracy has failed is an absurd statement.We know that the extremes and intolerance of religious and political fanatics always fail and create hell on Earth.The biggest flaw in modern democracy is the financial system.As long as money exists and the corruption it brings to power,then of course we will have injustice.As for Mr.Trump,he may consider himself Christian.The thing is in America I think it would be difficult for someone who said they are atheist or even that they had no religion,to be elected.

Democracy has solved many problems,jaw jaw is better than war war.

Surely you are not saying that a Republic cannot exercise DIPLOMACY, are you? Do you understand the difference between Democracy, and Diplomacy?

I'm sure that sane people would rather live in a democratic country than North Korea.

And I am sure they would prefer a Republic, a Democratic-Republic, perhaps a Benevolent Monarchy with a Parliament, and the list goes on.

It isn't Atheism that is necessarily responsible for dictatorship and brutal totalitarianism.

No one said it was, however, historically speaking Atheism has produced more murderous dictators then any other form of religion.

Saying that democracy has failed is an absurd statement.

Show somewhere in the history if man where it has succeeded.

We know that the extremes and intolerance of religious and political fanatics always fail and create hell on Earth.The biggest flaw in modern democracy is the financial system.As long as money exists and the corruption it brings to power,then of course we will have injustice.As for Mr.Trump,he may consider himself Christian.The thing is in America I think it would be difficult for someone who said they are atheist or even that they had no religion,to be elected.

I would like to thank you for demonstrating what the article was speaking of. The article was not about religion, it was about intelligence, and clearly you show why people like Trump get elected.

e.g "He and colleague Justin Kruger, formerly of Cornell and now of New York University, have demonstrated again and again that people are self-delusional when it comes to their own intellectual skills. Whether the researchers are testing people's ability to rate the funniness of jokes, the correctness of grammar, or even their own performance in a game of chess, the duo has found that people always assess their own performance as "above average" — even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]"

Surely you are not saying that a Republic cannot exercise DIPLOMACY, are you? Do you understand the difference between Democracy, and Diplomacy?

And I am sure they would prefer a Republic, a Democratic-Republic, perhaps a Benevolent Monarchy with a Parliament, and the list goes on.

No one said it was, however, historically speaking Atheism has produced more murderous dictators then any other form of religion.

Show somewhere in the history if man where it has succeeded.

I would like to thank you for demonstrating what the article was speaking of. The article was not about religion, it was about intelligence, and clearly you show why people like Trump get elected.

e.g "He and colleague Justin Kruger, formerly of Cornell and now of New York University, have demonstrated again and again that people are self-delusional when it comes to their own intellectual skills. Whether the researchers are testing people's ability to rate the funniness of jokes, the correctness of grammar, or even their own performance in a game of chess, the duo has found that people always assess their own performance as "above average" — even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]"
By taking part in this forum we are enjoying the benefits of democracy,you can be sure that you cannot do this in a totalitarian nation.If you or anyone knows a better way than democracy,by all means lets hear about it.

By taking part in this forum we are enjoying the benefits of democracy,you can be sure that you cannot do this in a totalitarian nation.If you or anyone knows a better way than democracy,by all means lets hear about it.

No one has said that a Democracy cannot exist for a limited time. If you could comprehend what was said it was that it cannot exist for a longer period of time. The Founding Fathers gave us a Democratic REPUBLIC which is why it has lasted longer. Countries like Britain have a Parliamentary system which has lasted even longer. In fact, there are dictatorships that have lasted longer then Democracy.

And, in case you had not noticed, America is in decline to a Communist country that we are providing the means to that will destroy us. In fact, I would say we are no longer a Democratic Republic being closer to a Corporatist State, or a Plutocracy. The last election proved that the majority no longer rules, and that ignorance is the basis for most voters choices.

No one has said that a Democracy cannot exist for a limited time. If you could comprehend what was said it was that it cannot exist for a longer period of time. The Founding Fathers gave us a Democratic REPUBLIC which is why it has lasted longer. Countries like Britain have a Parliamentary system which has lasted even longer. In fact, there are dictatorships that have lasted longer then Democracy.

And, in case you had not noticed, America is in decline to a Communist country that we are providing the means to that will destroy us. In fact, I would say we are no longer a Democratic Republic being closer to a Corporatist State, or a Plutocracy. The last election proved that the majority no longer rules, and that ignorance is the basis for most voters choices.
I agree ,our democracies are flawed,but I still prefer them to totalitarian regimes.I think that our financial system will continue to hold up an elitist system.It will need a massive evolutionary change to bring pure democracy to the world.

Note: The USA is not a democracy. It is a constitutional republic. The supreme law of the land is not the will of the majority, but the Constitution.

Note: The USA is not a democracy. It is a constitutional republic. The supreme law of the land is not the will of the majority, but the Constitution.
Nonsense,the USA is a democracy,but people that allow power to corrupt,need a reminder,now and again.

Werbung:
Back