Why RepublIcans Support Liar Trump

Old_Trapper70

I have been trying to figure this out. Is it just the lack of integrity they suffer from? Is it a mental illness? Is there an answer?

http://theweek.com/articles/687872/...defend-trumps-most-ridiculous-lies?yptr=yahoo

"In the past, presidents have told big lies mostly for one of two reasons. In the midst of scandal or failure, they told lies to protect themselves and deny that they had done wrong: I am not a crook, we did not trade arms for hostages, I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Or they lied to convince the public to go along with a policy initiative, whether a war or a tax cut or a new program, when the truth was insufficiently persuasive.

Unlike his predecessors, President Trump lies for any reason at all.

I imagine the sinking feeling his aides get when he blurts out another whopper. "Now I'm going to have to go out and defend this," they say with a sigh, then huddle together to arrive at the least laughable spin they can come up with, so they can rationalize the lie — which Trump will of course be unwilling to retreat from."

Bottom line is there is no real answer. It is just where your morals lie at, and if you are a true patriot:

"And that was the reason almost every Republican lined up behind Trump in the first place: They may have had their reservations about him, but he'd help them do all the things they'd been yearning to do for eight years. Yet now they can't escape the devil's bargain they made.

There are some Republicans more enthusiastic about Trump than others and some that are more sycophantic toward him. But sooner or later, almost all of them will wind up defending him, whether it's about particular lies he's told or scandals he's embroiled in. The stain of cooperating with Donald Trump will be on all of them, and it will never wear off."

Last edited:
Werbung:
I have been trying to figure this out. Is it just the lack of integrity they suffer from? Is it a mental illness? Is there an answer?

http://theweek.com/articles/687872/...defend-trumps-most-ridiculous-lies?yptr=yahoo

"In the past, presidents have told big lies mostly for one of two reasons. In the midst of scandal or failure, they told lies to protect themselves and deny that they had done wrong: I am not a crook, we did not trade arms for hostages, I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Or they lied to convince the public to go along with a policy initiative, whether a war or a tax cut or a new program, when the truth was insufficiently persuasive.

I imagine the sinking feeling his aides get when he blurts out another whopper. "Now I'm going to have to go out and defend this," they say with a sigh, then huddle together to arrive at the least laughable spin they can come up with, so they can rationalize the lie — which Trump will of course be unwilling to retreat from."

Bottom line is there is no real answer. It is just where your morals lie at, and if you are a true patriot:

"And that was the reason almost every Republican lined up behind Trump in the first place: They may have had their reservations about him, but he'd help them do all the things they'd been yearning to do for eight years. Yet now they can't escape the devil's bargain they made.

There are some Republicans more enthusiastic about Trump than others and some that are more sycophantic toward him. But sooner or later, almost all of them will wind up defending him, whether it's about particular lies he's told or scandals he's embroiled in. The stain of cooperating with Donald Trump will be on all of them, and it will never wear off."

Yes. They all seem to live in the echo chamber and in the alternate reality.
Just for fun (and because I like to know what the "other side" says and think) I went to a website that does "polling" daily on different issues. Then people comment! It is so amazingly full of BS, and if you try to correct their fake news. . .(i.e., one person insists that Trump's approval rating is and has always been far above Obama's approval rating when even today, Trump's approval rating on Gallup is 36%), they come up with the most vulgar and (if they were not so funny) insulting comments and craziest denial (i.e., Trump's weekly vacations are not funded by tax payers, but Trump pays out of his pocket for all expenses!).

It is kind of fun to read and to wonder WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE GET THOSE LIES? Obviously, they live in an echo chamber, and they seem well matched in terms of intellect . . .at the bottom of the ladder!

Still. . .how can anyone live in America (or almost anywhere in the developed world) today and truly believe that Trump's first few weeks as President are "going great," that he is the "best President ever" and that all who oppose him are young, uneducated druggies!

By the way, that site is RightAlerts.com. . .it is really worth looking at it to understand the depth of delusions that the most obsessed Trump supporters are suffering from!

(i.e., Trump's weekly vacations are not funded by tax payers, but Trump pays out of his own pocket!)

This one stood out to me. They whined about Obama vacations for 8 years, and now that it has been shown Trump has cost the taxpayer more in one month then Obama (who paid for all of his expenses save for security, and travel) did in 8 years they now try to resurrect their old proven false lies.

Right wing "ism" is a mental illness.

This one stood out to me. They whined about Obama vacations for 8 years, and now that it has been shown Trump has cost the taxpayer more in one month then Obama (who paid for all of his expenses save for security, and travel) did in 8 years they now try to resurrect their old proven false lies.

I know! I am having fun going to RightAlerts.com to read (and sometimes answer) to the silly comments! You wouldn't believe the delusions these people are under! Even when I provide reputable sources to deny their crazy claims! Like this one:

Trump: Three Mar-a-Lago Trips May Have Cost Taxpayers $10 Million ...
fortune.com/2017/02/22/trump-security-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayers/
Feb 21, 2017 - President Trump's three trips to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida may have ... the Post said Obama's extracurricular travel and safety expenses likely amounted to about $97 million over eight years in office. ... which bear most of the costs, did not reply to the paper's request for detailed data on expenses.

A lie is a lie, big or small. As far as why, I just don't know..

A lie is a lie, big or small. As far as why, I just don't know..

I disagree! There are lies that are merely silly and made up only to flatter or to protect one's pride or to avoid some small inconvenience.

Then there are lies who cost someone's (or many, as in Iraq war!) life.

Between those two, there is a whole spectrum of lies. It is silly, when considering a lie, not to reflect on the CONSEQUENCES of that lie!

I believe Trump spent 10 mill in his first month to Obama's 97 million in eight years..So Trump has not cost the Taxpayers more in one month then Obama did in eight years..
I disagree! There are lies that are merely silly and made up only to flatter or to protect one's pride or to avoid some small inconvenience.

Then there are lies who cost someone's (or many, as in Iraq war!) life.

Between those two, there is a whole spectrum of lies. It is silly, when considering a lie, not to reflect on the CONSEQUENCES of that lie!
Then you are disagreeing with Trapper, I think, and I may be wrong but he was saying Trump tells lies for little or no reason . I know he believes Trump has told some whoppers too.He was saying lying is wrong, but some have done it for what they considered good reason. But there is no reason for Trumps .

I believe Trump spent 10 mill in his first month to Obama's 97 million in eight years..So Trump has not cost the Taxpayers more in one month then Obama did in eight years..

And yet you try to justify it. And wghat is being referred to is just travel expenses, not the total bill:

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/21/month-trump-cost-taxpayers-110th-obama-spent-8-years.html

Then you are disagreeing with Trapper, I think, and I may be wrong but he was saying Trump tells lies for little or no reason . I know he believes Trump has told some whoppers too.He was saying lying is wrong, but some have done it for what they considered good reason. But there is no reason for Trumps .

No she isn't. Trump is a pathological liar, and will lie for no reason at all.

I believe Trump spent 10 mill in his first month to Obama's 97 million in eight years..So Trump has not cost the Taxpayers more in one month then Obama did in eight years...

No. . .what the factual story is. . .and what I have constantly reported, is that Trump has spent $11 millions in his first month as President, compared to President Obama's spending of $12 millions IN ONE YEAR!

But it is a fact that, if Trump continues to spend at he same rate he is doing in his first two months, and if (God forbid!) he is President for 8 years. . .he will spend close to a BILLION dollars on himself. . .compare to President Obama's 97 millions. . .

Trump's Family Trips Cost Taxpayers Nearly As Much In A Month As ...
www.forbes.com/.../trumps-family-trips-cost-taxpayers-nearly-as-much-in-a-month-as..

At least 10 times more! A drop in the bucket, according to some extreme Trumpers!

Last edited:
At least 10 times more! A drop in the bucket, according to some extreme Trumpers!

But that is just for Trump, and does not includes the extended family, and now that we have nepotism in the WH, and the sons traveling the world on the taxpayer dollar promoting Trump Enterprises, the skies the limit for the "Royal Family".

But it is a fact that, if Trump continues to spend at he same rate he is doing in his first two months, and if (God forbid!) he is President for 8 years. . .he will spend close to a BILLION dollars on himself. . .compare to President Obama's 97 millions. . .
I agree it looks that way..

No. . .what the factual story is. . .and what I have constantly reported, is that Trump has spent $11 millions in his first month as President, compared to President Obama's spending of $12 millions IN ONE YEAR!
I understand the facts, and that's what I was posting to..the facts

Are you saying there is a lesser lie or a lesser of two evils?
The stain of cooperating with Donald Trump will be on all of them, and it will never wear off."
Are you that guy that tells people they screwed up and it will be with them for life?
Yet now they can't escape the devil's bargain they made.
Are you convinced that anyone who voted for Trump made a bargain with the devil? I hope all of this is just someone else opinion..

Are you saying there is a lesser lie or a lesser of two evils?

Can you read? Or is this your usual deflection from your liar god? It is the difference between lying occasionally, and lying all the time about everything.

Are you that guy that tells people they screwed up and it will be with them for life?

More *********. If one commits a crime, and goes to jail, does that person ever retrieve what was lost?

Are you convinced that anyone who voted for Trump made a bargain with the devil? I hope all of this is just someone else opinion..

So far you have not shown you have the insight to hope for anything. Do some research on "Devils bargain", and quit acting the fool.

Werbung:
Can you read? Or is this your usual deflection from your liar god? It is the difference between lying occasionally, and lying all the time about everything.
Yes I can read . But I lie is a lie.. don't change the subject, I ask YOU a question ..
More *********. If one commits a crime, and goes to jail, does that person ever retrieve what was lost?
Yes some do.., your changing the subject again , no one was talking about going to jail, in away as far as doubling down on your staements, your worse then Trump.Are you that guy?
So far you have not shown you have the insight to hope for anything. Do some research on "Devils bargain", and quit acting the fool.
No Sir, you do yours instead of scanning the internet day and night to be the first to post, any and all bad news about Trump. How many new threads have you started about our President ? Like I said YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.
Try as hard as you can, I will not take on your name calling attitude, because it's wrong..

Back