Why Mission trips don't work.

Ace29

This is why Mission trips don't work.

Somebody that is ready to Graduate from Harvard, Yale, Drexel University, the University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, going to Abraham Lincoln High School, or Strawberry Mansion High School in Philadelphia doesn't work, because the students in those two high schools (being used as an example) don't care about their Education.

They are well past the age when their personality is set, and They're the Assholes that set the stage for Philadelphia, and the filth that it is.

Their focus is on how they can make a quick and easy buck, at whatever cost to their lives.
They're also extremely nearsighted... they can't see down the road in their lives, they want things to happen right now... regardless of how cheap and superficial.

They would gladly take the 1 penny right now... they will not wait 31 days to have
$ 10,737,418.24 at a rate of 1 penny doubled every day... a.k.a Stay in School and Go to college.

They want the ONE penny, right NOW... and they'll KILL you for it.

That's why it doesn't work.

So Here's the best advice that I can give somebody at a great university... who wants to do good.
Do good for yourself, make yourself nice and well off.
Stop worrying so much about the lives and plight of assholes that you're NOT responsible for.

Because there is ultimately nothing that you can do for them.
They will ALWAYS make the easy, fast, not good choices, and they won't learn what the good choices are because their personality is set and their ship is sailed.
All they will do is sit there and try to offend you, whether or not you're correct.

And you know what else ?
They're the ones getting nowhere.... They are going to be 70 years old, in the same boat as they first set sail in, when they were 18.

Their kids, are going to be stuck in the same position that they were in, when they were kids.

Why ? because they will NEVER make any productive choices.

So Its time that YOU did.

That's what I just got done telling my friend today over the phone when he said "maybe I could join a charity and try to give back to the community when I get out of the hospital".

Werbung:
Got a real Jones for Philly there Ace.
I agree as big cities go it's pretty bad. But I have no reason to go there again and I wont. Been there, didn't enjoy it.

Back