Why I Voted Obama in the 2012 Election

Until now, the growth of government under President Obama has not hit the pocketbooks of most Americans. During Obamas first ter, federal spending grew to more than 24 percent of GDP — the highest it has been since 1946. Yet almost no one in the country (except smokers and those who frequent indoor tanning salons) saw their taxes rise. Quite the opposite: 160 million Americans saw their payroll taxes reduced from 6.2 to 4.2 percent.
How can we expect people to care about the growth of government if it doesn’t cost them anything?

Marc A. Thiessen, a fellow with the American Enterprise Institute
"Instead of paying for the current miasma of spending, we’ve been borrowing the money from our children and grandchildren. The national debt has grown by nearly $6 trillion in the four years since Obama took office. That generational theft cannot continue. We must not keep financing big government by passing the bills on to the next generation. Ideally, we would stop the spending binge and live within our means. But if the nation is not up to that, then we should all pitch in and pay for it — all of us.
Sorry, taxing the rich won’t solve our problems — that’s nothing but fiscal snake oil the president has been selling. He is demanding $1.3 trillion in higher taxes on the wealthy over 10 years. Imagine he got it. We are adding nearly that much to the national debt every single year. Taxing the rich would not put even a minor dent in our debt. It would pay for less than three weeks of federal spending every year. The only way to pay for the current expansion of government is to raise taxes on the middle class.
So let’s do it. Let’s all of us experience the true cost of big government in the form of a bigger tax bill.
It might well be that the biggest mistake Republicans made during Obama’s first term was forcing the president to extend the Bush tax cuts. At the time, it seemed like a major victory by the newly elected GOP House. But in truth, it was a victory for Obama. Extending the tax cuts shielded the economy from the full brunt of Obama’s economic failures and allowed him to put off job-killing tax increases until his second term. It’s ironic: Obama never passed up an opportunity to blame President George W. Bush for his economic woes, yet he rode the Bush tax cuts to reelection.
Extending the tax cuts also shielded Americans from the costs of Obama’s spending spree. Shopping on a credit card is fun until the bill comes due. But if the bill never arrives, what incentive do people have to stop the spending?
Big government is great if you don’t have to pay for it. Well, now it’s time to pay the bill. Maybe when the costs of the stimulus, Obamacare and exploding entitlements are finally deducted from their paychecks, Americans will rediscover the virtue of smaller government. If they don’t like paying higher taxes to allow for more spending, there’s a simple solution: Demand that politicians in Washington cut taxes and spending instead of expanding them. And if they won’t do it, elect men and women who will".
Until then, Republicans need to stop protecting Americans from the consequences of their decisions to elect profligate politicians.

Werbung:
This is why i want fairness doctrine return. Fox News should be on over the airwaves too. Not just on cable or on Direct TV. No wonder Obama won. Cause the poor cant affiord cable or direct tv. They gotta watch Liars on CBS NEWS,,ABC NEWS and NBC NEWS over the rabbit ears.

This is why i want fairness doctrine return. Fox News should be on over the airwaves too. Not just on cable or on Direct TV. No wonder Obama won. Cause the poor cant affiord cable or direct tv. They gotta watch Liars on CBS NEWS,,ABC NEWS and NBC NEWS over the rabbit ears.

now im curious wonder how many po folks have cable ?

The inner city people cant afford it. Wanna know why? Look whats on your cable bill
fiostvbill.gif

Thats why

now im curious wonder how many po folks have cable ?

Fox News is a virus. It is ALL OVER the South! It comes FREE with basic cable or Direct TV, and any public place (doctor's office, hospital, some merchants) have that horrible propaganda spewed at them 24/7!

No wonder the South is still stuck in the middle of last century!

S
Fox News is a virus. It is ALL OVER the South! It comes FREE with basic cable or Direct TV, and any public place (doctor's office, hospital, some merchants) have that horrible propaganda spewed at them 24/7!

its funny that you take advantage of the positives of southern living (low taxes lovely weather etc) but bad mouth it at every opportunitu.

One network that is not overwhelmingly liberal in its programming, and you find it HORRIBLE. Just another example among many where the left is incapable of allowing any dissenting views.

Is it because you are so much smarter than anyone on the right?

I belive I just finished reading a post of yours in another thread in which you hailed the notion that people ought to look at opposing viewpoints from their own.

If you don't like Fox...simply turn it off. If you don't like your Dentist shows it in the waiting room -- find a new dentist, I imagine there are plenty where you live.

I belive I just finished reading a post of yours in another thread in which you hailed the notion that people ought to look at opposing viewpoints from their own.

If you don't like Fox...simply turn it off. If you don't like your Dentist shows it in the waiting room -- find a new dentist, I imagine there are plenty where you live.

Actually, the point that was being made is that people in the SOUTH do not have much opportunity to escape Fox News. Just about a year ago, I was doing volunteer work in a new cancer center in the local hospital, and there were televisions in every waiting rooms, and in every hall ways. But they were ALL tuned in to Fox News! I almost barfed when one of the other volunteer said "good, we must make sure the TV channel cannot be changed by the patients, so they won't be brainwashed by CNN!

Sick!

In the employment agency of that hospital, there was also a small TV in the waiting room, with a SIGN on it saying "please do not change the channel!" Obviously, the channel was on Fox News! And the employees have NO CHOICE but to work with that crap in the background 8 hours a day!

And, obviously, I always tell the receptionists at every doctor's office how distasteful it is to be forced to watch Faux News every time I go there. . .and I say it loud enough so that if any other patient is in the waiting room, they can hear me. Sometime, depending on the reaction of the other patients, I even asked to turn off the TV rather than listening to it! A couple of times, people have thanked me for that. . .but usually, they are so brainwashed that they are only pleased if the channel is changed to a game show. . .which is an improvement over Fox News any day, anyway!

Actually, the point that was being made is that people in the SOUTH do not have much opportunity to escape Fox News. Just about a year ago, I was doing volunteer work in a new cancer center in the local hospital, and there were televisions in every waiting rooms, and in every hall ways. But they were ALL tuned in to Fox News! I almost barfed when one of the other volunteer said "good, we must make sure the TV channel cannot be changed by the patients, so they won't be brainwashed by CNN!

Sick!

In the employment agency of that hospital, there was also a small TV in the waiting room, with a SIGN on it saying "please do not change the channel!" Obviously, the channel was on Fox News! And the employees have NO CHOICE but to work with that crap in the background 8 hours a day!

And, obviously, I always tell the receptionists at every doctor's office how distasteful it is to be forced to watch Faux News every time I go there. . .and I say it loud enough so that if any other patient is in the waiting room, they can hear me. Sometime, depending on the reaction of the other patients, I even asked to turn off the TV rather than listening to it! A couple of times, people have thanked me for that. . .but usually, they are so brainwashed that they are only pleased if the channel is changed to a game show. . .which is an improvement over Fox News any day, anyway!

How would you respond if MSNBC was on and someone came in loudly complaining and demanding it be turned off? I think you will agree that I am pretty Republican, and I don't have an problem watching MSNBC if someone wants to watch it.

How would you respond if MSNBC was on and someone came in loudly complaining and demanding it be turned off? I think you will agree that I am pretty Republican, and I don't have an problem watching MSNBC if someone wants to watch it.

Actually, in a public place, I usually defer to other people, as I make sure I always have my IPad with me and I can read or play games, even if I don't have a wifi connection.
And. . .I must say that this has NEVER happened to me! Oh, and then again. . .when I go to my community health club to walk on the thread mill, there are three TV's for 5 thread mills, and they usually are ALL on Fox News. If I am in front of a TV, I will change that TV to CNN (never MSNBC, since I only watch it two or three times a week at night. . .usually Rachel Maddow). If my thread mill is NOT directly in front of a TV, I wait until the person goes, and then I turn it to CNN.

By the way, what gives you the idea that I have EVER "come in loudly complaining and demanding the TV be turned off?" I have asked, gently and politely, if it would be possible to turn off the TV or to put it on another channel. . .if I am the only one waiting, or if the people around me are not watching.

I know my comments may be expressed in a very "strong" manner, but I am NOT a pushy person. Remember, I am a social worker. . .I know how to behave to get the most out of people with whom I communicate directly.

Actually, in a public place, I usually defer to other people, as I make sure I always have my IPad with me and I can read or play games, even if I don't have a wifi connection.
And. . .I must say that this has NEVER happened to me! Oh, and then again. . .when I go to my community health club to walk on the thread mill, there are three TV's for 5 thread mills, and they usually are ALL on Fox News. If I am in front of a TV, I will change that TV to CNN (never MSNBC, since I only watch it two or three times a week at night. . .usually Rachel Maddow). If my thread mill is NOT directly in front of a TV, I wait until the person goes, and then I turn it to CNN.

By the way, what gives you the idea that I have EVER "come in loudly complaining and demanding the TV be turned off?" I have asked, gently and politely, if it would be possible to turn off the TV or to put it on another channel. . .if I am the only one waiting, or if the people around me are not watching.

I know my comments may be expressed in a very "strong" manner, but I am NOT a pushy person. Remember, I am a social worker. . .I know how to behave to get the most out of people with whom I communicate directly.

In my view (which appears to more or less mirror yours), I don't much care what is on TV, and can easily tune it out if I don't like what is on. But I don't have a problem with people watching whatever it is they want to watch.

As for the "loudly demanding the TV to be turned off", that was perhaps a bad image, and was not meant to reflect how you personally act in public.

NO IT DOES NOT COME FREE..I had to pay for the up-grade to get FOX..CNBC was free

Werbung:

From What i've read on this forum, I find it hard to believe that your all about the other person...and as far as people in the south, well I prefer their company...

Back