Why does Society Hate Families?

Werbung:
The strong, intact nuclear family represents a view of the world that is counter to modern liberalism. Strong families look out for themselves and create less need for government. Strong families pass on strong values, which means the children are less susceptible to outside influences. Strong families are more secure, financially and psychologically and less susceptible to scare tactics. The strong nuclear family is also a bulwark of Biblical teaching.
The strong nuclear family is no longer politically correct because it presents a workable alternative to modern liberalism.

Yeah, either that or the "strong nuclear family" is an example of cultural repression at its greatest. White picket fences, the morning paper on the lawn, all that "honey, I'm home" BS...you get the picture.

Or maybe there's the part where the "nuclear family" isn't as prevalent as you might think. Where Dad is a bitter alcoholic and Mom sits around at home watching game shows all day and spending money on useless commercial crap. That's the situation I grew up in - well, actually, my mother has Multiple Sclerosis and can't walk, but beside that my family very closely resembles what I just described.

Or there's the part where urban settings don't exactly foster these nuclear families very well.

I mean, while we're generalizing I thought I might throw those three out there.

I do not think society hates families at all. Don't they get a gov. credit for how many children they have.
The gov. does not appreciate anyone in a caring position only because there is no money to be made.
Most women divorce because of abuse. The man being lazy counts as such to me too.

Changing mores has freed men and women from bad marriages. If I had it to do over, I go to a sperm bank so there would be no custody issues.

I sense a history of unhappy marriage there.

I've been married for nearly 40 years, and wouldn't want to go back and live life alone. I especially wouldn't want to try my hand at raising children alone. Raising them as a team is hard enough.

My niece, on the other hand, refers to her dad (divorced for many years) as "the man my mom married."

Maybe some people just aren't meant to be part of a family?:confused:

This is such a whinging topic, "Why does society hate families?", it reminds me of Paris Hilton asking her daddy "Why does everybody hate me?"

Look to the governments, the culture and the lifestyle of countries in the West if you want to start on the thousands of reasons why families are failing today.

That's too bad, because a child has a much better chance in life if his/her parents are totally committed to each other and to the child.

If every child brought into this world had two parents who cared more for each other than for themselves, and more for the child than for their own interests, most of our societal ills would disappear in a generation.
The key is putting the children first. I divorced when my kids were very young, but both of us always put the best interests of the children first (well, I always did, occasionally the ex didn't), but the key was that we were both active in raising the children, they still grew up with a loving father and mother. They currently are 17 and 19 years old, and living in their own house. They are managing quite well for full time students.

The New York Times, which based its report on an analysis of census results, said 51 percent of women in 2005 reported living without a spouse, up from 35 percent in 1950 and 49 percent in 2000.

"Coupled with the fact that in 2005 married couples became a minority of all American households for the first time, the trend could ultimately shape social and workplace policies, including the ways government and employers distribute benefits," the newspaper said.

It said that several factors are behind the shift including women marrying at a later age and living with partners for more often and for longer periods. Women are also living longer as widows and once divorced, often opt to stay single, the report said.

Majority of US women living without spouse - Yahoo! News

What is this invisible factor that is leading us down a path of single people, single mothers (voluntary ones at least), dead-beat fathers, etc.? What is it? Why are we seeing less married people and broken or disjointed families more and more?

I don't think it has anything to do with "Society hating families". I think it has everything to do with circumstances and the reality of the world we live in. I see at least 3 main reasons why people are either holding off on marriage, divorcing, living together, or not re-marrying.

#1) Unlike times past women are not tied to the need to be supported. Today's society has them much more self sufficient.

#2) People tend not to stay in bad relationships as long most likely due to watching those relationships growing up.

#3) Men see the inequity in the court system should a marriage they enter into break down.

The only thing that really matters here is the kids if any...

P.S. Just attended a friends wedding yesterday... hoping much better for them!:)

The key is putting the children first. I divorced when my kids were very young, but both of us always put the best interests of the children first (well, I always did, occasionally the ex didn't), but the key was that we were both active in raising the children, they still grew up with a loving father and mother. They currently are 17 and 19 years old, and living in their own house. They are managing quite well for full time students.

Good for you. I can understand how two adults can grow apart, or discover that they really have nothing in common, or find out too late that they are in an abusive relationship, but I've never understood how anyone can abandon their children.

But some do.:(

Hey Folks

Changing mores has freed men and women from bad marriages. If I had it to do over, I go to a sperm bank so there would be no custody issues.

Bad marriages happen because of poor upbringing and poor decisions. You can't possibly be naive enough to believe that 55% of couples being divorced is individual, social or national progress.

Good for you. I can understand how two adults can grow apart, or discover that they really have nothing in common, or find out too late that they are in an abusive relationship, but I've never understood how anyone can abandon their children.

But some do.:(

Because its... convenient. Anyhow, a large portion of the statistics are from the black community too.

Werbung:
Back