Why didn't god write the bible accurately?

Dawkinsrocks

If the bible is the inspired word of god why is it that so much of it is wrong, nonesensical and non-revealing?

I mean, why did god leave christians believing the stupid idea that humans were made as is rather than evolving from different species?

I wonder why there are no scientific revelations in the bible that were not obvious to the naked eye eg like our heliocentric solar system?

I wonder why he wrote about a global flood that clearly did not happen?

I wonder why he wrote about talking snakes and other impossibilities?

I wonder why he left man to claim that the bible has to be interpreted with no evidence to support one interpretation over another?

In fact I wonder he didn't just tell it as it is.

If you ask me god isn't much of an author.

Werbung:
If the bible is the inspired word of god why is it that so much of it is wrong, nonesensical and non-revealing?

I mean, why did god leave christians believing the stupid idea that humans were made as is rather than evolving from different species?

I wonder why there are no scientific revelations in the bible that were not obvious to the naked eye eg like our heliocentric solar system?

I wonder why he left man to claim that the bible has to be interpreted with no evidence to support one interpretation over another?

You are talking about the Old Testament, which are Jewish writings. It was the new Testament that is supposed to be the "inspired word of God" for the most part.

Further, the Bible is not written literally, and it is certainly not written for us. Each book was written with a different audience in mind to send a different message. Most of the authors believed (of the new Testament) believe that the 2nd coming was going to happen in their own lifetimes, which does play into how they write.

Your premise on this thesis is wrong....there is no god is a great place to start and then ask yourself why all these disconnected stories are put into a selected book and followed by so many people under so many different religions? What does this book give to some people other than a chance to remain a child, always sin, and go to a real nice place when you die?

Your premise on this thesis is wrong....there is no god is a great place to start and then ask yourself why all these disconnected stories are put into a selected book and followed by so many people under so many different religions? What does this book give to some people other than a chance to remain a child, always sin, and go to a real nice place when you die?
"...go to a real nice place when you die..."?
Eternal life of praising God sounds more like a hell to me. No one has ever described a heaven that I would want to spend an eternity in. I would rather die and go to where I was before I was born...oblivion? Sounds better to me.

"...go to a real nice place when you die..."?
Eternal life of praising God sounds more like a hell to me. No one has ever described a heaven that I would want to spend an eternity in. I would rather die and go to where I was before I was born...oblivion? Sounds better to me.

The Mormon view of Heaven sounds pretty good to me.

And, how do you know that you were in oblivion before you were born?

You are talking about the Old Testament, which are Jewish writings. It was the new Testament that is supposed to be the "inspired word of God" for the most part.

Further, the Bible is not written literally, and it is certainly not written for us. Each book was written with a different audience in mind to send a different message. Most of the authors believed (of the new Testament) believe that the 2nd coming was going to happen in their own lifetimes, which does play into how they write.

I'm not a religious person, but I believe you have that a bit backward. The Old Testament was supposedly the "Word of God", not just "Jewish writings". And your reference to the "inspired word of God" for the New Testament is obviously from a Christian perspective to be fair. The New Testament was actually written by different people, and I agree with you that they have different messages and that we shouldn't take these things literally.

But...there are a LOT of people that do indeed take these writings literally.

The Bible provides some good documentation about the evolution of consciousness in human beings by presenting how people thought back then.

As for what is accurate and what isn't, perhaps some matters are still up for conjecture.

But I concur that God didn't write the Bible, human beings did, rather intelligent ones, I might add, considering their intended success in motivating human behavior and compelling individuals to fulfill the "prophecies" to some degree or another.

Still, continuing brain evolution is leaving behind the Bible as a motivating tool, and perhaps, in a safe and healthy world, a replacement will now be difficult to find.

Nevertheless, poverty, war, famine and the like which inculcate a cultural threat of premature demise can work wonders in regard to synthesizing Bible-like motivating manuscripts, sad though that may be.

I like to hope we're done with all that ... at least for an era or so.

The Mormon view of Heaven sounds pretty good to me.

And, how do you know that you were in oblivion before you were born?
I am unaware of the Mormon view of heaven...I was sent to the Baptist church as a child by a Seventh Day Adventist mother and a Catholic father. Therefore, those three plus other views of heaven (some of the other religions), are what I am referring to.
As to oblivion, you will notice I suffixed it with a question mark. Nevertheless, if you have any proof that I existed before I was born, or that I will go to anything other than that when I die, I would be very happy to hear it.

I am unaware of the Mormon view of heaven...I was sent to the Baptist church as a child by a Seventh Day Adventist mother and a Catholic father. Therefore, those three plus other views of heaven (some of the other religions), are what I am referring to.
As to oblivion, you will notice I suffixed it with a question mark. Nevertheless, if you have any proof that I existed before I was born, or that I will go to anything other than that when I die, I would be very happy to hear it.

There is no proof of anything religious, of course, just as there is not, and never can be, proof that there is no god/afterlife/heaven and hell or anything else.

One day, we die. Then we will know.

I wish people would stop equating the impossibility of proving non existence with the failure to prove god's existence.

It is a desperate argument.

I wish people would stop equating the impossibility of proving non existence with the failure to prove god's existence.

It is a desperate argument.

Maybe when people cease to use the argument that, since there is no proof of god, there is no god. That, too is a desperate argument.

There is no proof one way or the other, but there is more evidence in favor of a creator than there is that there is no creator.

Werbung:
Back