Why Capitalism Works

Werbung:
GB you dont have to convince me that capitalism works and its the best system in the world "IF" its regulated unbridled capitalism gives us what we have today a greedy self indulgent few that have it all with callous disregard for the rest of us

GB you dont have to convince me that capitalism works and its the best system in the world "IF" its regulated unbridled capitalism gives us what we have today a greedy self indulgent few that have it all with callous disregard for the rest of us

On this, we will adamantly disagree --- it is the interference with the natural forces of economy that creates the problems we have today. Left to its own, capitalism rewards those who contribute, and punishes those who don't.

Yes we will disagree, it was the natural forces that broke the middleclass's back by outsourcing all the decent paying jobs that americans could make a living working.
Its also natural forces that have stripped workers of pensions, benefits and stagnated their pay.
While the superrich whiners have gotten fabulously richer

Yes we will disagree, it was the natural forces that broke the middleclass's back by outsourcing all the decent paying jobs that americans could make a living working.
Its also natural forces that have stripped workers of pensions, benefits and stagnated their pay.
While the superrich whiners have gotten fabulously richer

You don't see government's interference, through taxation and regulation, as contributing factors to the migration of labor? You don't see union hijacking as a contributing factor to the migration of labor?

Interesting ...

Heres what I know and If Im wrong please correct me.
The reason unions were formed in the first place was the Rich hiring thugs who beat and murdered employees that didnt toe the line. Any employee that ballked at being worked 16 hrs a day for peanuts.
If workers were behind on quota they worked until the quota was met no matter how long it took for the same pay. They were worked 7 days a week. If someone was vocal about the abuse they were beaten and/or killed and had their family threatened.
Crimnals started the unions because they were the only ones ruthless enough to beat and kill and intimidate company hired thugs to where the company couldnt find enough to do their dirty work.
The rich got scared and finally started treating their workers fairly.
Govt gave american workers OSHA because unscrupulous dirtbag AMERICAN employers ran sweatshops with preteen girls and boys working in it in horrific unsafe conditions. They worked women hours on end for peanuts.
Many sweatshops killed workers and kids, one very nortorious one was the NYC garment district sweatshop The Triangle Shirtwaist Co, killed 146 employees and that was the start of GOVT NEEDED Intervention to stop unscrupulous greedy shitbags from killing workers.
w

The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York City on March 25, 1911, was one of the deadliest industrial disasters in the history of the city of New York and resulted in the fourth highest loss of life from an industrial accident in U.S. history. It was also one of the deadliest disasters that occurred in New York City – after the burning of the General Slocum on June 15, 1904 – until the destruction of the World Trade Center 90 years later. The fire caused the deaths of 146 garment workers – 123 women and 23 men [1] – who died from the fire, smoke inhalation, or falling or jumping to their deaths. Most of the victims were recent Jewish and Italian immigrant women aged sixteen to twenty-three;[2][3][4] of the victims whose ages are known, the oldest victim was Providenza Panno at 43, and the youngest were 14-year-olds Kate Leone and "Sara" Rosaria Maltese.[5]

Because the owners had locked the doors to the stairwells and exits – a common practice at the time to prevent pilferage and unauthorized breaks[6] – many of the workers who could not escape the burning building jumped from the eighth, ninth, and tenth floors to the streets below. The fire led to legislation requiring improved factory safety standards and helped spur the growth of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, which fought for better working conditions for sweatshop workers.

My grandmothers sister died in that fire jumping out a window.

Corporations basic instincts have not changed, the GOVT and UNIONS are the only wall that stops them from worker abuse right now today. Only Profit is their guide and Greed is their motivation.
Corporations today have made a RETAILER the single largest employer in the USA who has legions of underemployed workers who dont earn enough to buy the basics many of whom need GOVT ASST to survive.

Corporations must pay taxs because they suck MOST OF THE MONEY out of the United States, they use the very infrastructure to enrich themselves that GOVT had built.

I am for capitalism but not unbridled capitalism like in the past that killed people for profit and like todays greedy dirtbags that have zero regard for their workers. I am going to make a prediction.
In the next 15 yrs there will be a resurgence in Unions. The koch bros the Far right Teaparty, Southern far rightiists are not going to be able to stop that train thats coming, all the ingredients are there, the ball just needs a little push to get rolling.
The rich the corporatists and the far rights whining about how bad the rich and the corporations have it falls on my deaf ears because its all total bullshit and ALL the numbers and facts reflect it.

Werbung:
You're going to use an incident that happened 100 years ago as justification for unions today?

Are you NOT familiar with all the labor laws that have been passed? Do you have so little faith in your liberal, all-intrusive, government that you think it necessary to enforce the laws yourself?

Are you totally ignorant of all the union abuses, and the damage they do to our day-to-day life?

Protection of pedophiles? Threatening to close down an auto plant because the employer fired an employee who passed out while using heroin that the controls of his machine, resulting in the death of another union member? THIS is the kind of organization YOU want to be involved with?

As for your constant diatribes against Walmart, not only are they tiresome, they are also false. But, then, you wouldn't want to argue that, would you?

Back