1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop Well-Known Member

Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their, --- bankruptcy creating inhumane medical system, --- than other countries who have nationalized health care. The gain in GDP is around 3%.

It follows economies of scale gains are likely to be about 3%. If a penny saved is a penny earned, I am justified in saying that there would be a 6% saving to the average U.S. citizen.

Why are Americans wasting such a huge amount of gains, when going single payer could bring such a huge gain to each American?

I ask all my Yankee friends; what the hell? Recognize that single payer, pays great dividends.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/health-costs-how-the-us-compares-with-other-countries/

Regards

DL

2. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

Because a greater GDP doesn't heal people! Because it doesn't help the poor and the elderly! And if it is true that by not nationalising healthcare, we would increase the GDP to 6%. . .why hasn't it happened since we NEVER HAD nationalised healthcare?

Why is the US GDP about the same as European countries. . .who DO HAVE nationalised healthcare. . .in one variation or another?

I am not sure I understand your posts completely. At the beginning, you seem to say that it would BENEFIT the US GDP to NOT nationalise healthcare. . .but later, you seem to support single payer. . .which is basically national healthcare as it is practice in ALL European countries, with some slight difference in each country.

Could you please clarify what your stand is?

As a person who has lived for many years in both Europe AND the US, I totally agree with the article you have provided as a source.

3. Gnostic Christian Bishop

Thanks.

The problem seems to be that you see what I put as an increase in GDP. Not my intent. I show a saving, which would come out of your GDP because your health costs are so much higher than many other countries.

That savings aside, I see national health care for all as more of a humanitarian move and I see most Americans as not caring for their weakest or poorest citizens.

They seem to be supporting a corrupt system even while railing against it.

Please give this link a listen as it shows the corruption in detail.

http://www.upworthy.com/20-years-of...w1&u=94acbbeb6bbd6d664157009a896e71b014efbf27

Regards
    DL

Openmind likes this.
  4. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

We seem to agree 100%!

5. Gnostic Christian Bishop

How Sweet It Is.

Regards
    DL