Why are there so few non-believers

Werbung:
To actually believe in the existence of God requires faith. To merely say that you believe God exists does not. Ask a religious person, "Do you believe God exists?" and they will almost definately say, "Yes" but if you were to also ask them, "Why do you believe God exists?" Their answers would reveal who truly believes in God as a matter of faith and who "believes" in God because they think that is the "correct" answer to the question.

Thanks to the bigotry of Anti-Theism and the confusion about the distinction between Atheism and Anti-Theism, I would not be surprised to learn that many people who claim to believe in God only do so because they have been indoctrinated to believe that anyone who does not believe in God (Atheist) opposes God and hates religion (Anti-Theist). So while they may not actually have faith, while they may not actually believe in God, they know they do not hate God or religion and simply pretend so as not to be considered part of the bigotry wrongly associated with Atheism.

To actually believe in the existence of God requires faith. To merely say that you believe God exists does not. Ask a religious person, "Do you believe God exists?" and they will almost definately say, "Yes" but if you were to also ask them, "Why do you believe God exists?" Their answers would reveal who truly believes in God as a matter of faith and who "believes" in God because they think that is the "correct" answer to the question.

Thanks to the bigotry of Anti-Theism and the confusion about the distinction between Atheism and Anti-Theism, I would not be surprised to learn that many people who claim to believe in God only do so because they have been indoctrinated to believe that anyone who does not believe in God (Atheist) opposes God and hates religion (Anti-Theist). So while they may not actually have faith, while they may not actually believe in God, they know they do not hate God or religion and simply pretend so as not to be considered part of the bigotry wrongly associated with Atheism.
Very well said..Thank you

What is bigoted about radically opposing a myth that has been repeatedly used to impoverish people, kill people, discriminate against people, perpetuate ignorance and start wars?

er no

Wrong again, on many fronts

As ususal

0/10 Gipper, must try harder

The days of undermining someone's argument just by calling them a communist are over

You might not know that

In fact, to keep with tradition you need to start demonising me as a muslim these days to undermine my arguments

That is the current way

What is bigoted about radically opposing a myth that has been repeatedly used to impoverish people, kill people, discriminate against people, perpetuate ignorance and start wars?
Bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

That is a great description of christians esp Roman Catholics

I may stick to my views but they do have the distinction of being rational

You won't catch me stating that wafers turn into the body of a man who died 2000 years ago

That is called lunacy

Werbung:
Have no fear. Atheism is gaining acceptance in the U.S. Ancient myths instilled by parents are losing their hold on people.

Back