Who will be the next UK Prime Minister?

Alexia

One thing we know is that it will be a female; either Andrea Leadsom (Leave) or Theresa May (Remain). While May may have more experience that doesn't mean she is right person for the job. Leadsom is a junior Cabinet Minister, but I watched her and she is clear about her aims, whereas May is not.

As many have said May has not delivered in her role as Home Secretary and her stance is to keep the ECHR which is what people didn't want, and to keep free movement of EU nationals. The decision is now in the hands of the Conservative Party members, and while May seems to have the edge having been in a prominent role, can she be trusted? I don't trust her.

Werbung:
CnHDgJxXYAEXomo.jpg

It's been confirmed that May will be the next prime minister after Leadsom, her only contender, pulled out of the race . She will visit Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

Theresa May has refused to rule out the deportation of EU nationals living in Britain after the country leaves the European Union, amid fears that guaranteeing their rights at this stage could lead to a “huge influx” of migrants during the Brexit negotiation phase.

It comes as the Home Secretary, who has emerged as the clear frontrunner in the race to succeed David Cameron as Conservative leader, said today that although she wanted to “guarantee the position” of EU citizens currently living in the UK she admitted their future could be up for negotiation.

To be honest neither were great options, but she was the most likely one and at least she has given Leadsom a senior Cabinet role as the Environment Secretary.

At least the country has some kind of stability for the time being. Now, the Labour leadership is another matter.

Werbung:
I am cynical,it's called keeping your enemies close.Anyway it's a woman PM but please don't think it's got anything to do with feminism.Same system different personalities.Just like America having a black African American president made no difference.Sad isn't it?

Back