Who owns our government?

Look at it this way, if campaigns are pumping money into a media outlet it's just possible that outlet will make favorable editorial decisions regarding the cash cow.

Do you have some proof that major news outlets slant their endorsements and favorable coverage based on how much ad space is purchased?

If the media outlet has to make money the old fashioned way then they will need to scoop the competition whether that fits their personal biases or not.
I favor supply and demand as a means of driving business decision making.
Giving candidate x money is not the same as placing your thoughts in the hands of anyone. It just lowers your bank account and raises theirs.

Giving a candidate money is the same as making a political statement. It should be, and is, protected free speech.

Werbung:
Do you have some proof that major news outlets slant their endorsements and favorable coverage based on how much ad space is purchased?

Giving a candidate money is the same as making a political statement. It should be, and is, protected free speech.
They slant because they can as they are flush with cash.
It's more a case of buying off any journalistic pursuit.
Make them earn their money and see what happens. You've gotten a peak at it as with circulation sagging they had to start turning on their darlings at WaPo etc.
God bless the free market.

They slant because they can as they are flush with cash.

Print media is not flush with cash. They are losing money hand over fist and papers go bankrupt regularly. No amount of campaign spending is going to save them.

It's more a case of buying off any journalistic pursuit.

Make them earn their money and see what happens. You've gotten a peak at it as with circulation sagging they had to start turning on their darlings at WaPo etc.
God bless the free market.

Political spending just is not the majority of the revenue of any paper I know of. I just don't see the point you are making.

Werbung:
Print media is not flush with cash. They are losing money hand over fist and papers go bankrupt regularly. No amount of campaign spending is going to save them.

Political spending just is not the majority of the revenue of any paper I know of. I just don't see the point you are making.
I did point out print has had to takeep the competitive route after cutting their own throats and hemmiraging readers with their blatant dishonesty. This simply demonstrates why my little fantasy will work.
Trump isn't spending much and is bugger in the rest of the field.
Time for a new model. Listen to the electorate make sure their concerns are woven into your platform and just be honest. Sure toes will get stepped on but if they can't take a punch then the heck with them.

Back