White House: No point in discussing National Debt with Republicans

Little-Acorn

I'm so glad we elected a President who was going to change the tone of negotiations in Washington, and get rid of the partisan bickering, aren't you?

:rolleyes:

Krauthammer was right. Here comes the train wreck.

--------------------------------------

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/30/us-usa-debt-whitehouse-idUSTRE75T4T920110630

White House snubs McConnell invitation to Obama

Reuters/Jonathan Ernst
WASHINGTON | Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House effectively turned down an invitation by Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell for President Barack Obama to visit his members on Capitol Hill on Thursday to discuss raising the debt limit.

White House press secretary Jay Carney, while not directly saying the invitation had been rejected, said Obama did not need to hear Republicans tell him what they would not support.

That, Carney said, was "not a conversation worth having."

Werbung:
So are the ways of the leftists. They talk the talk, but NEVER walk the walk.

Leftists are NEVER interested in bipartisanship. They are only interested in one-party rule and absolute power. But the leftists are always quick to point their fingers at people who have opposing or alternative viewpoints and accuse the opposition of not cooperating with THEM.

The leftist definition of "cooperation" and "bipartisanship" involves all opposing viewpoints being silenced and complete surrender by the opposition.

The Democrats are VERY dangerous at this point in U.S. history. They are no longer "Democrats". They are COMMUNISTS carrrying the banner of the Democrat Party.

Hugo Chavez is very proud of his new "Venezuela-to-the-north".

When one side does not negotiate, and says they will not listen to anything that the other side wants to do...then why should they listen to the Republicans.

Republican Negotiation...I will stand here until you come to me and do what I want...then we can negotiate about how I will take credit for the success and blame you for the failure.

When one side does not negotiate, and says they will not listen to anything that the other side wants to do...then why should they listen to the Republicans.

Republican Negotiation...I will stand here until you come to me and do what I want...then we can negotiate about how I will take credit for the success and blame you for the failure.

A perfect example of finger-pointing and unabashed hypocrisy. Apparently PFOS forgets that the leftists still have a majority in the U.S. Senate and still occupy the White House. The leftists therefore have no reason to negotiate in good faith.

I rest my case.

A perfect example of finger-pointing and unabashed hypocrisy. Apparently PFOS forgets that the leftists still have a majority in the U.S. Senate and still occupy the White House. The leftists therefore have no reason to negotiate in good faith.

I rest my case.

They have, Republicans have not...its that simple...One side says cut here, raise here....ok we raise less and cut more...the other side stays the same...Cut cut cut and tax breaks for the rich..no moment to the other side.

I'm so glad we elected a President who was going to change the tone of negotiations in Washington, and get rid of the partisan bickering, aren't you?

:rolleyes:

Krauthammer was right. Here comes the train wreck.

--------------------------------------

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/30/us-usa-debt-whitehouse-idUSTRE75T4T920110630

White House snubs McConnell invitation to Obama

Reuters/Jonathan Ernst
WASHINGTON | Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House effectively turned down an invitation by Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell for President Barack Obama to visit his members on Capitol Hill on Thursday to discuss raising the debt limit.

White House press secretary Jay Carney, while not directly saying the invitation had been rejected, said Obama did not need to hear Republicans tell him what they would not support.

That, Carney said, was "not a conversation worth having."

Inspite of obozo's repeated blather about negotiation, it's all a sham. You know what the ultimate crux of this stalemate is? It's that obozo knows nothing about economics. His "knowledge" starts and ends with leftwing tracts he read when he was a kid. Anybody who isn't a flatout FOOL knows raising taxes is the worst thing you can do in a recession, least of all in the worst recession in 70 years.

I suspect BO and the Dems think they can repeat BJ Bubba's gov shut down. They will get their lapdog media to blame the Rs and claim the Rs want all children to stave and old folks to die. And, as we have seen with some posters here at the HOP, some Americans will actually believe this tripe.

And, many silly libs actually believe the Rs will not negotiate because they refuse to raise taxes (see POS post above). BO just renewed the Bush tax cuts a few months ago, now we need to raise taxes??? It is a transparent effort to get the Rs in trouble with their base, while doing nothing to curtain government spending.

And, who is it who will not negotiate...

Hey Pockets, how's life in "Minne-fornia" today?

Got Government?

Nope, thanks to Tim Pawlentys "balanced Budgets" or tax shifts and taking money from the schools to pay other debts and owing pushing the payments off until after he left...The Republicans of course have said the no to anything that raises revenue even fixing loopholes .. LIke the National party...they drew a line in the sand and said this is what we want...and have not moved since the first day after the election...Dayton ( who I did not vote for) has cut his tax increase in half, moved his cuts up quite a bit to meet in the middle...the Republicans stand where they where...

I spent yesterday scrambling around to get my license renewed, tabs, and my fishing license. My friend who has sever medical issues that and a mom who works as a temp...may end up losing there place to live over this as well..as my friend gets a check from the government to help her each month and it goes to making sure the rent gets paid...hopefully I will have good sales for 4th weekend so I have some extra to try to keep them in there place as I expect this to go for some time.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Minnesota and its cities are facing an economic crisis. As more residents want more aid, Minnesota cities could end up being broke.

And when Minnesota can't provide it, do you expect ME or my state to? Well, as long as you got your fishing license...

LIke the National party...they drew a line in the sand and said this is what we want...and have not moved since the first day after the election...
It's about time. After all the yielding, "compromising", and otherwise violating their principles that they have been doing for the last few decades, it's about time they grew a spine and started requiring the same from the other party.

Think of it as "balance". And it's a long time in coming.

Dayton ( who I did not vote for) has cut his tax increase in half, moved his cuts up quite a bit to meet in the middle
The MN state government accepts cash, checks, and credit cards. Write them a check.

And then start persuading your like-minded friends (those who believe government should provide all this stuff) to do likewise.

There. Problem solved. Now, don't you feel better for having done that?

My friend who has sever medical issues that and a mom who works as a temp...may end up losing there place to live over this as well..as my friend gets a check from the government to help her each month and it goes to making sure the rent gets paid...hopefully I will have good sales for 4th weekend so I have some extra to try to keep them in there place as I expect this to go for some time.

See? you didn't need government after all, to do these things.

Welcome to personal responsibility.

I will put my animosity aside to address your point about the debt ceiling talks. First and foremost, this country is in deep trouble and it is not because of Bernanke floating money to banks, it is because of years of stupid overspending by gov and the bloat of gov.

The liberal view is to do what they have always done which is push this debt way out in front and years down the road, making it someone else's problem. That is not what we need and that's too bad for bernanke if he is concerned that immediate cuts would slow the economy even further. That is backward thinking. I also do not think taxpayers should bear the brunt of reckless politicians and their spending.

Conservatives do not like engaging in foreign wars. Reagan resisted this and had the sense to withdraw in the face of losses in Beirut. Bush was a moron so we ended up with two massive wars at the hands of Bush I and II which did little but trigger recessions. Wars are expensive.

What about the liberals and the nanny state. The entitlements have grown out of control. Gov has botched them all especially medicare and social security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCdgv7n9xCY&feature=related

Government needs to suffer the burden of their spending. Of all the recession, only one group has been spared unemployment. That is the gov worker, the very entity that has caused this overhang needs to now pay. They need to pay on several levels. 1) with job losses like everyone else. 2) with pension systems that are a total abuse of the taxpayer 3) salary reductions and cutbacks of all their special gov perks and exemptions.

The fist must come down hard. It must come down on the hear and now and in the future. Obama is a thick skulled mongrel. None of this sinks in.

Liberals have said that shutting down gov is bad because we will still have to pay for everyone that was sent home and the restart costs. That is the gun to our heads. But we need relief now from this huge gov bloat and overhead. Because this insane growth from both parties is the root cause of these tragic economic recessions.

It is not the private sector or businesses that are flush with cash that owe something to the gov. Its not the tired taxpayer or small business owner that should suffer the brunt of irresponsible politicians.

Obama went completely berserk with spending. The liberals tore this country to pieces. Tarp was bad enough but the liberals went crazy. Bush spent like a drunken sailor and Obama to the level of alcohol toxicity. These two back to back azzholes have done huge damage to this nation.

So now it is time for Gov to pay the price, not the citizens. Citizens have already paid enough.

What congress should be doing is eliminating workers and trimming back the military. But with all the talk about debt ceiling, there hasn't been one dime of cut backs. A business heading into a recession would cut heads, fast and furious. But gov workers are unionized so they think they are entitled to jobs for life, big perks for life.

Gov workers need to be laid off, pensions cut, retirement ages raised substantially. We need relief now and in the future. Obama wants to have 4 trillion in cuts 12 years down the road. That isn't even enough to keep up with the interest. Republicans was more cuts at 28 years down the road. Again we need the relief now.

Under bush gov expanded 33% in 8 years, under obama it expanded 33% in two years. Obama is bush on steroids.

I think most agree that US bonds are garbage. I am short bonds and some here are playing with goldman and precious metals. Nevertheless, a nice default would trigger a bond collapse and sell off. The only rescue would be the Fed to float the losses. So it would make the Fed totally insolvent. But, a default would hang on the neck of exactly who should bear the brunt, the gov itself and the Fed.

As I have said, the only group that has not suffered this recession is the gov employee. Their numbers have expanded as if it was good times at a booming business. How many businesses do you know that increase their labor forces by 33% in two years. Business would have to be incredibly good. But with gov, they don't care. They don't care how deep they send the nation into debt as long as life is comfortable for them. You have lifeguards in California getting paid an average of $250K a year, and some at over $300K.

The insanity deserves a major wakeup call which has not happened since these professional politicians took control. So It may very well be time to shut the whole mess down. But th cuts being talked about are not good enough. Citizens may lose parts of medicare and social security which is the same as blaming them for the reckless politicians that caused this and the politicians have their own plush retirement plan and medical care. So this all needs to come down around obama's alfred E newman ears. That pryk deserves the wrath of this nation. He wanted to campaign in the middle of a recession. Even LBJ knew enough to quit when things got bad.

Some here maybe right, it is a publicity scare but I am telling you that the gov worker and gov needs to bear the brunt. I would push for an immediate cut back of 25% of gov workers both federal state and local. I would cut salaries by 20% with a complete review going forward. Long term cuts are not enough. We need both a massive reduction in gov, including the military presence over the globe, but every worthless program and then we need future cuts.

Bernanke can worry about it but gov contribution to GDP is negligible. It stands as overhead and creates a sinking fund. Taxpayers should not be paying a dime for the reckless conduct of politicians. Let the bond holders eat it. They were stupid enough to believe that treasury bonds were safe while politicians spent like they had lost their minds. Well like good bond holders, sometimes you hold the bag. Gov has lots of land it can sell to pay down its debt. If it were you, that's what you would have to do.

regards
doug

It's about time. After all the yielding, "compromising", and otherwise violating their principles that they have been doing for the last few decades, it's about time they grew a spine and started requiring the same from the other party.

Think of it as "balance". And it's a long time in coming.

The MN state government accepts cash, checks, and credit cards. Write them a check.

And then start persuading your like-minded friends (those who believe government should provide all this stuff) to do likewise.

There. Problem solved. Now, don't you feel better for having done that?

See? you didn't need government after all, to do these things.

Welcome to personal responsibility.

welcome to democracy..where you hold one of 3 branches only....you don't get to always get it your war...

you can enjoy being personally responsible for the Nation going into Default. You think debt is bad, but have no issue with Default it seems.

Werbung:
Extremely well-stated, as usual, "nobull". You are preaching to the choir with me, because I have been issuing warnings for about three years now.

Unfortunately, I have been right on target so far, especially with investing in silver and gold, and predicting various trends.

The worst is yet to come. This is just the beginning of the end.

Back