Where is this going?

dahermit

Two American scientists have been awarded the Noble Prize in Medicine recently. Their discovery concerns the "end caps' on the strands of DNA that control aging. One cannot help but wonder as to the purpose for their focus; Discovery of gene therapy that would stop aging? Wow! I cannot help but ponder the implications of millions of people taking the cure for aging. Not only extended lives, but fertile indefinitely. AnD I thought that the world is over populated now. Let us speed up the process even more. Soylent Green (we are currently out of Soylent Yellow, hope to have some tomorrow), here we come .

Werbung:
Two American scientists have been awarded the Noble Prize in Medicine recently. Their discovery concerns the "end caps' on the strands of DNA that control aging. One cannot help but wonder as to the purpose for their focus; Discovery of gene therapy that would stop aging? Wow! I cannot help but ponder the implications of millions of people taking the cure for aging. Not only extended lives, but fertile indefinitely. AnD I thought that the world is over populated now. Let us speed up the process even more. Soylent Green (we are currently out of Soylent Yellow, hope to have some tomorrow), here we come .

You raise a quality point here my friend.

It's like the old saying goes... everyone wants to live forever but nobody wants to get old.

I don't know the answer... probably no one does. If I had to make a guess I'd guess that "if" the aging process were ever slowed significantly there would be a big push for families to only have one child and probably much later in life.

What's your thought?

I understand the concern about overpopulation, but I'll take that therapy if it is developed before I die.

Won't you?

Just imagine having a mature mind, but and 18 year old body!

Werbung:
If we stop againg and live forever....we have to make murder Legal or have a big war evry few years just to thin the heard

We could start by banning safety warnings and allowing natural selection to work its magic on the gene pool.

"Warning, do not cross this fence" at places like the grizzly bear exhibit, the Grand Canyon, and such could be replaced by "This fence is here for decorative purposes only."

Seat belts could be made optional as well.

Back