Whats not to love about wind power ?

Yet you keep posting about it.
Let me help you.

If 10 was the current electrical need provided by fossil fuels, then think as wind =1 + solar =1 + geo-thermal =1 + tides =1 + hydro = 1 + bio-mass =1, for a total of 6.
Then your total need from fossil fuels (oil) is only 4. In other words, alternative sources can reduce out use of oil (costly), and coal (smog, acid rain).

At this time it is not gonna happen. The total expected output from all of those does not even come close to meeting our power needs.

Unless we have some amazing science fiction type breakthroughs they just don't cut it.

Can they reduce it? Yes. Am I opposed to an investor in California doing it? No.

Am I opposed to me and my neighbor being coerced into paying for your pipe dream? Yes.

Werbung:
Oh the horror of ear plugs.
Radiation exposure and thyroid cancer are vastly preferable to wearing unfashionable ear plugs.

Radiation exposure and thryroid cancer from what? The extremely infrequent "accident" that happens at a nuclear power plant somewhere in the world?

Based on your criteria for "safety", nobody should be driving cars or climbing ladders or using knives or climbing mountains or hunting or swimming, etc., because the chance of an accident caused by those things is much greater than the chance of an accident at a nuclear power plant, especially at a U.S. nuclear power plant.

Werbung:
At what fking cost? Germany bought 150 billion in wind turbines and they produced less than 3% of the demand at a cost that was 1000 X the cost of importing electricity from France. Germany is always looking for the next Hitler... I believe they have found it in the Green Party.

This is that whole bundled insanity of buying into crazy ideas and them leading to more crazy ideas... They don't work. Their mean time between failure makes them unworkable and they are a hazard to birds and wild life and they are an eyesore and noisy. Clanking collection of colliginous krap.

just sayin
doug

Back