1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

What will happen if Trump suddenly declares "I am a Black American!" during his Wisconsin visit?

Discussion in 'Political Humor' started by reedak, Sep 1, 2020.

1. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Part 1

1. TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — Defying anger from China, the president of the Czech Republic’s Senate addressed Taiwan’s national legislature on Tuesday,....

Milos Vystrcil concluded a speech that underscored shared democratic values by proclaiming in Mandarin that “I am Taiwanese,” a throwback to former U.S. President John F. Kennedy’s famed 1963 anti-communist speech in a then-divided Berlin in which he declared he was a Berliner...

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...ivers-taiwan-speech/ar-BB18zHJ5?ocid=msedgdhp

2. President Donald Trump defended the 17-year-old who fatally shot two protesters in Wisconsin last week, embracing claims by Kyle Rittenhouse's attorney that he acted in self-defense.

Referring to cell phone video of the incident, Trump told reporters on Monday that Rittenhouse was "trying to get away from them, I guess, it looks like" and said that protesters "violently attacked him." Trump repeatedly noted the shooting remained under investigation but also appeared to lean into Rittenhouse's self-defense argument.

"I guess he was in very big trouble," Trump said of Rittenhouse. "He would have been, he probably would have been killed. But it's under – it's under investigation."

Trump made the remarks a day before he set to travel to Kenosha, Wisconsin, the latest flash point in violent protests after the police shooting Aug. 23 of Jacob Blake, a Black father who was left paralyzed from the waist down. Rittenhouse has been charged with five felonies and a misdemeanor after shooting three people Tuesday......

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-whats-patriot-prayer-trump-visit/5677539002/

3. When the late President John F. Kennedy told his 1963 infamous lie "he was a Berliner", he could still be forgiven by God (if he was lucky to go to Heaven) even though he was of Irish descent. However, when Milos Vystrcil suddenly declared himself to be a "Taiwanese", at least some people in the audience must have been wondering whether they should believe their eyes and ears. Even such people as Gordon Guthrie Chang had never claimed to be a Chinese or a Taiwanese.

4. However, Milos Vystrcil's bizarre claim has unwittingly pointed the path of victory to Trump in his upcoming re-election. What will happen if Trump suddenly declares "I am a Black American!" during his Wisconsin visit on Tuesday (1 September)? It won’t be surprising that his re-election chances will increase dramatically. o_O