What to do about the liberal media?

Rick

The lib media is simply the propaganda organization for the democrat party. Because most people in this country don't care about politics unless an issue comes up that affects them directly, and have been dumbed down on subjects such as history, economics, and law by their deficient K-12 educations, they are easy targets for the propaganda issued by the lib media.

The methods of the lib media are too well-known by anyone of intelligence to bother with listing here.

Unquestionably, the lib media doesn't have the near-monopoly of previous decades: there is Fox, conservative talk radio, and and a VERY few newspapers such as the Washington Times and the Wall Street Journal. There are blogs. And the Big 3 broadcast TV news networks aren't nearly as powerful as they once were.

That said, the lib media is still a giant megaphone, which through repetition and pervasiveness can brainwash enough simpletons-with-a-vote to keep libs, and now leftwingers, in power far more often than they otherwise would be.

What can be done about this? Why doesn't another Newscorp come along and create more players on the conservative side?

Or what?

Werbung:
Stop subscribing to the New York Times, The Washington Post, L A Times and the Chicago Tribune. Dont watch CBS TV,ABC TV,NBC TV MSNBC and CNN. Thats how you change them. NBC and CBS are on the verge of Bankrupcy. If More People stop watching CBS and NBC youll have Advertisers pulling out. Just like advertisers are pulling out the CBS Evening News why Katie Couric is gonna get the axe. Lets target Brian Williams next. If you stop buying NBC products Brian Williams get the axe next. Thats how you change the liberal media.

If you can't beat um, join um ? That's the idea ?

People don't care for leopards changing thier sots. Besides its a very competitive business with huge start up costs. If you're not already part fo it, too much.

Give Mudoch credit, he saw the market and made it his.

The idea of a liberal media is by FAR the biggest myth of American life. Nothing else is even close.

The media are not liberal or conservative. What they are is subservient to power, to the establishment, to the political class. Everything else is irrelevant. Look at the Bush-worship after 9/11 or the refusal to allow any dissent whatsoever from the party line on the invasion of Iraq. MSNBC fired Phil Donahue for opposing the war. Jessica Yellin admitted that MSNBC pressured her to report only good things about the war. And this is the supposedly liberal network.

The whole thing is a farce. Sure the media may be liberal about abortion, gays, etc. But all that stuff is utterly irrelevant in terms of what matters. On the important stuff, class issues, foreign policy, etc, the media is just a lapdog of whoever is in power.

The idea of a liberal media is by FAR the biggest myth of American life. Nothing else is even close.

Pure, 112%, refined, high-quality BULLSHIIT. :D

The media are not liberal or conservative. What they are is subservient to power, to the establishment, to the political class.

Just hung yourself pal - the establishment is without doubt liberal.

Everything else is irrelevant. Look at the Bush-worship after 9/11 or the refusal to allow any dissent whatsoever from the party line on the invasion of Iraq.

What the devil are you talking about???! Millions of people held thousands of demonstrations against it the whole time. Bush was villified more than anyone since Hitler, and all for deposing someone who was very like Hitler. Naturally, the demos disappeared after obozo was elected, even though the war didn't, and a third one was started.

MSNBC fired Phil Donahue for opposing the war.

More garbage. Donahue's ratings were 1/6 those of Bill O'Reilly's - that's why. Nobody wanted to see him.

Jessica Yellin admitted that MSNBC pressured her to report only good things about the war. And this is the supposedly liberal network.

Wrong again.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/29/tv-news-under-the-microscope/

Yellin:

First, this involved my time on MSNBC where I worked during the lead up to war. I worked as a segment producer, overnight anchor, field reporter, and briefly covered the White House, the Pentagon, and general Washington stories.

Also, let me say: No, senior corporate leadership never asked me to take out a line in a script or re-write an anchor intro. I did not mean to leave the impression that corporate executives were interfering in my daily work; my interaction was with senior producers. What was clear to me is that many people running the broadcasts wanted coverage that was consistent with the patriotic fever in the country at the time. It was clear to me they wanted their coverage to reflect the mood of the country.

How about Keith Olbermann - was he a liberal?? :D

The whole thing is a farce. Sure the media may be liberal about abortion, gays, etc. But all that stuff is utterly irrelevant in terms of what matters.

To a liberal.

Okay if we're defining "liberal" is thinking women should make their own reproductive decisions, sure, the media are "liberal" in general. On "social issues" they are liberal. But who actually thinks gay marriage and guns are the most important issues in the most powerful nation state in the history of the world?

Regarding Donahue, you're just flat wrong. His ratings were the best or among the best on the network (higher than Chris Matthews). Saying he got fired over ratings is ludicrous.

Regarding Yellin, you posted a quote that proves what I said, so not sure what your point is there. Of course the corporate execs didn't directly tell her what to do, that would be absurd. It's more subtle than that, obviously. A teenager could understand this. It's about the pressure she felt to cover things a certain way.

Demonstrations vs. the war, the EARLY ones, were generally either not covered or vilified. Bush's approval ratings after 9/11 were off the charts. The political media, the Chris Matthews types, had a huuuge man crush on him.

Okay if we're defining "liberal" is thinking women should make their own reproductive decisions, sure, the media are "liberal" in general. On "social issues" they are liberal.

If you come here and post standard abortionist cant, people will just laugh at you. :D

But who actually thinks gay marriage and guns are the most important issues in the most powerful nation state in the history of the world?

It's not this or that issue - it's the WHOLE RAFT of liberal/left policies that taken together are making this a declining country: include statism, titanic debt, anti-white discrimination, suppression of free speech and religion, disastrous experiments like the Community Reinvestment Act, destruction of the plain meaning of the Constitution, ecofascism, overturning the rule of law, whittling away at american sovereignty, healthcare rationing, endless denigration of american history and achievements, facilitating the illegal alien invasion, politicizing the justice department - on and on and on.

Regarding Donahue, you're just flat wrong. His ratings were the best or among the best on the network (higher than Chris Matthews). Saying he got fired over ratings is ludicrous.

Simply false. Read up:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/19/business/woes-of-donahue-cast-shadow-over-msnbc.html?pagewanted=1

Regarding Yellin, you posted a quote that proves what I said

Uh, no ....... reread and this time focus.

Demonstrations vs. the war, the EARLY ones, were generally either not covered or vilified.

So your REAL gripe is the press didn't run right down there as soon as some nutcase started screaming Bush was Hitler? Modification noted.

Bush's approval ratings after 9/11 were off the charts.

Oops -thread drift. Now you're complaining that people had the "wrong" opinion about Bush. :rolleyes:

Okay regarding Donahue, again, you are just factually wrong.

While "Donahue" does badly trail both O'Reilly and CNN's Connie Chung in the ratings, those numbers have improved in recent weeks. So much so that the program is the top-rated show on MSNBC, beating even the highly promoted "Hardball With Chris Matthews."

Regarding Yellin, I assume you're conceding that she felt pressure about covering the war a certain way, in her words, in line with the "patriotic fervor" that existed in the country. That's called pressure. To support a right-wing Republican president launching an illegal invasion of another country. How liberal.

It's not this or that issue - it's the WHOLE RAFT of liberal/left policies that taken together are making this a declining country: include statism, titanic debt, anti-white discrimination, suppression of free speech and religion, disastrous experiments like the Community Reinvestment Act, destruction of the plain meaning of the Constitution, ecofascism, overturning the rule of law, whittling away at american sovereignty, healthcare rationing, endless denigration of american history and achievements, facilitating the illegal alien invasion, politicizing the justice department - on and on and on.

I'm sorry but that's too stupid to even respond to.

Okay regarding Donahue, again, you are just factually wrong.

Unsubstantiated claims from a blog that claims to have secret inside information - HA HA HA HA HA - quit it - you're killing me! :D

Regarding Yellin, I assume you're conceding that she felt pressure about covering the war a certain way, in her words, in line with the "patriotic fervor" that existed in the country. That's called pressure. To support a right-wing Republican president launching an illegal invasion of another country. How liberal.

The invasion wasn't "illegal", and the thrust of that comment by the MSNBC gurus was obviously one of looking at market share, not a dark evil cunning plot whereby the leftwingers of PMSNBC mysteriously joined the Bush-Rove-Halliburton conspiracy meeting in a broom closet in the pentagon sub-basement. (snicker! :D)

Werbung:
Rick, I had intentions of joining you in the skewering of Cosmo, but you are doing such a great job, I'll just sit back and watch. :D

Back